Mike Miller, Randy Foye traded to Wizards

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:50 pm
The Washington Wizards have agreed in principle to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye(notes) and Mike Miller(notes) for Etan Thomas(notes), Oleksiy Pecherov(notes) and Darius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

The teams are still working out details but the deal is expected to be consummated.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 pm
makes the draft even more interesting. If the Wolves are after pick 2, the Griz would HAVE to listen to picks 5 and 8
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:19 pm
MMiller was a disappointment his one year at tWolves, but they don't need another big and EThomas certainly won't be playing much with AJefferson and Love ahead of him.

TWolves have to get a good PG with the 5th pick, they need that the most

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 pm
migya wrote:MMiller was a disappointment his one year at tWolves, but they don't need another big and EThomas certainly won't be playing much with AJefferson and Love ahead of him.

TWolves have to get a good PG with the 5th pick, they need that the most

Prolly get an even better one at Pick 2 ;)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:29 am
Quazza wrote:makes the draft even more interesting. If the Wolves are after pick 2, the Griz would HAVE to listen to picks 5 and 8

And it's a pretty good deal for the Wizards as well. Foye and Miller can play and help them right now, they also get rid of Thomas' contract and, in a weak draft like this one, losing the 5th pick shouldn't hurt so much.

Also, their key guys had asked the team to trade the pick for vet (I've heard that from Caron Butler, at least), and this move should keep them all happy. I think they're the big winners... of course, pending on what Minny does with the pick.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:03 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:makes the draft even more interesting. If the Wolves are after pick 2, the Griz would HAVE to listen to picks 5 and 8

And it's a pretty good deal for the Wizards as well. Foye and Miller can play and help them right now, they also get rid of Thomas' contract and, in a weak draft like this one, losing the 5th pick shouldn't hurt so much.

Also, their key guys had asked the team to trade the pick for vet (I've heard that from Caron Butler, at least), and this move should keep them all happy. I think they're the big winners... of course, pending on what Minny does with the pick.

too true

Butler, Arenas, Jamison, Foye, Miller. Thats a fair bit of talent
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:56 am
Quazza wrote:
TMC wrote:

too true

And Brandan Haywood, Nick Young, McGuire, Blatche, McGee... All role players, but able to contribute at the little things any team needs. Particularly Haywood, who I think it's a pretty underrated center.

Right now, the Wizards roster looks something like this:

PG.- Arenas, Crittenton.
SG.- Foye, Young, DeShawn Stevenson.
SF.- Butler, Mike Miller, McGuire.
PF.- Jamison, Blatche.
C.- Haywood, McGee.

And they also have the second pick of the second round, which is like a late first rounder.

If they stay healthy, I think that's a top 4 team in the east right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:15 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:
TMC wrote:

too true

And Brandan Haywood, Nick Young, McGuire, Blatche, McGee... All role players, but able to contribute at the little things any team needs. Particularly Haywood, who I think it's a pretty underrated center.

Right now, the Wizards roster looks something like this:

PG.- Arenas, Crittenton.
SG.- Foye, Young, DeShawn Stevenson.
SF.- Butler, Mike Miller, McGuire.
PF.- Jamison, Blatche.
C.- Haywood, McGee.

And they also have the second pick of the second round, which is like a late first rounder.

If they stay healthy, I think that's a top 4 team in the east right now.

I agree somewhat but they need that good bigman or they'll continue on what they have been

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 am
migya wrote:I agree somewhat but they need that good bigman or they'll continue on what they have been

In the east?. Dwight will destroy them, but nobody else, not even KG or Bosh (the only two good inside players left in the East), will have a field day against that team. There's just enough to get by in that roster if their key players stay healthy.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 am
So the Timberwolves have 4 picks in the 1st round now? That is crazy. Dont think I have ever seen that. Too bad for them it is in such a crappy draft.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:47 pm
It seems that with that pick, they'll take Rubio... unless Sacramento nabs him away.

If they can't land Rubio, I see them trading for a PG. Or using those picks on James Harden and someone else.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to NBA Forum