Post-Lottery, Pre-Draft trade ideas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:15 pm
yeah I guess I could do Kaman or Camby for mags and probably a pick.
don't think Clips would go for it though.

what I was going to post here...

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=903830&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I think they were queens fans thinking they were going to get a number 1 pick. they were thinking of trading pick numero uno for AR... essentially Blake for AR. would you do it? I wouldn't.

also since when is AR's nickname "magic"?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 am
MCJackintheBox wrote:haha....well, good intentions anyways.

i think all the baron fanboys need to realize his days in oaktown are over. as long as rowell is here, baron won't be.

but i personally would swap mags for baron straight up. and the dubs still won't do that. so all this baron talk is just wishful thinking. i think.

now i'd love to snag either camby or kamen for mags. and they will be looking to move at least one of them. they can keep old zbo.

That could be possible, if they see Maggette as a better backup tha either Camby or Kaman. I'd do it, why not. You get bigger and better in rebounding and defense

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:48 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:so in essence, in your hypothetical trade scenario, we are basically trading wright, bellinelli, and maggette for baron.

doesn't sound like we're getting much beyond a fat, unmotivated, past his prime player with one of the worst FG percentages in the NBA last year. for 2 young, talented but unproven players and a one dimensional, 20 ppg player.

no thanks.

B Wright + Maggette for Baron I'd do in a heartbeat. Randolph makes Wright expendable and I'd love to get rid of Mags bad contract for a PG that would bring us back to where we were.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:50 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:
i think all the baron fanboys need to realize his days in oaktown are over.

Never!! lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:08 pm
GSW2006 wrote:
MCJackintheBox wrote:so in essence, in your hypothetical trade scenario, we are basically trading wright, bellinelli, and maggette for baron.

doesn't sound like we're getting much beyond a fat, unmotivated, past his prime player with one of the worst FG percentages in the NBA last year. for 2 young, talented but unproven players and a one dimensional, 20 ppg player.

no thanks.

B Wright + Maggette for Baron I'd do in a heartbeat. Randolph makes Wright expendable and I'd love to get rid of Mags bad contract for a PG that would bring us back to where we were.

The fact you chose to include Wright over Randolph in a trade makes me agree with you for once.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:20 pm
OK I got one, may not be your dream trade, but I think it's a solid pick up considering everyone knows we don't want crawford.

Jamal Crawford to the Thunder

for

Nick Collison and Thabo Sefolosha

or to put it another way

Jamal Crawford for REBOUNDING and DEFENSE

reasoning:
Thunder:
- They have a hole at the 2 and 5, and if everything goes as planned, they will partially fix their problem at the 5 with Thabeet. This means Collision, an undersized center, is expendable. it also means they could use the experience, and scoring ability of Crawford.

Warriors:
- Sefolosha would come to us and play the 3 behind jak and mags (or possibly Azu and maggs). He's an energy guy and an excellent defender who can help maggs and jack on fast assignments.

- Collison would be a great third string PF/C. It would give us some insurance if Anthony randolph just had a lucky rookie season (not likely but possible), and BW never shows up. and oh yeah, he's a great rebounder.

so it goes like this:

09 season start
Monta / (Jennings, Lawson or Flynn) / Watson
Jak / Morrow / Belinelli
Azu / Maggs or Sefolosha
Randolph / Wright or Collison
Rondris Bieriaf / Collison

During the 09-10 trade deadline...
We now have Beli, Sefolosha, AND wright now as trade bait with maggs. That gives us a good range of filler players (a combo guard, a SG/SF or a PF) to add with maggs' now 3 year contract. This means we will have a much better selection of teams to trade with, and more leverage to get what we need (probably a big name PG).

Start of 2010 season
PG / (Jennings, Lawson, Flynn) / watson
Monta / Morrow / Sefo
Jak / Azu
AR / Collison
Rondris Bieriaf

or if nothing happens trade wise, you can still have:
(Jennings, Lawson, Flynn)/ Watson / Beli
Monta / Morrow / Sefo
Jak / Azu or Mags
AR / BW / Collison
Rondris Beeriaf

trade Maggs and Marco/Wright now and:
- probably are going to wind up trading for a mediocre PG (BW/MB still unproven, and maggs' contract is huge).
- Wright was making improvements this year before he injured himself. same with marco. It's still too early for the bust label.
- we have a mid lotto pick in a PG-heavy draft, and we have Monta who could be a very good PG for all we know. doesn't make sense to trade for a big name PG with both of those options on the table.

get loaded up on that hater-ade and let me know what you think.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 pm
first off wrote:OK I got one, may not be your dream trade, but I think it's a solid pick up considering everyone knows we don't want crawford.

Jamal Crawford to the Thunder

for

Nick Collison and Thabo Sefolosha

or to put it another way

Jamal Crawford for REBOUNDING and DEFENSE

reasoning:
Thunder:
- They have a hole at the 2 and 5, and if everything goes as planned, they will partially fix their problem at the 5 with Thabeet. This means Collision, an undersized center, is expendable. it also means they could use the experience, and scoring ability of Crawford.

Warriors:
- Sefolosha would come to us and play the 3 behind jak and mags (or possibly Azu and maggs). He's an energy guy and an excellent defender who can help maggs and jack on fast assignments.

- Collison would be a great third string PF/C. It would give us some insurance if Anthony randolph just had a lucky rookie season (not likely but possible), and BW never shows up. and oh yeah, he's a great rebounder.

so it goes like this:

09 season start
Monta / (Jennings, Lawson or Flynn) / Watson
Jak / Morrow / Belinelli
Azu / Maggs or Sefolosha
Randolph / Wright or Collison
Rondris Bieriaf / Collison

During the 09-10 trade deadline...
We now have Beli, Sefolosha, AND wright now as trade bait with maggs. That gives us a good range of filler players (a combo guard, a SG/SF or a PF) to add with maggs' now 3 year contract. This means we will have a much better selection of teams to trade with, and more leverage to get what we need (probably a big name PG).

Start of 2010 season
PG / (Jennings, Lawson, Flynn) / watson
Monta / Morrow / Sefo
Jak / Azu
AR / Collison
Rondris Bieriaf

or if nothing happens trade wise, you can still have:
(Jennings, Lawson, Flynn)/ Watson / Beli
Monta / Morrow / Sefo
Jak / Azu or Mags
AR / BW / Collison
Rondris Beeriaf

trade Maggs and Marco/Wright now and:
- probably are going to wind up trading for a mediocre PG (BW/MB still unproven, and maggs' contract is huge).
- Wright was making improvements this year before he injured himself. same with marco. It's still too early for the bust label.
- we have a mid lotto pick in a PG-heavy draft, and we have Monta who could be a very good PG for all we know. doesn't make sense to trade for a big name PG with both of those options on the table.

get loaded up on that hater-ade and let me know what you think.

Don't think Thunder would want Crawford, not that he wouldn't fit in, as they do need a SG, but he is older and it looks like they want to build with promising youth.

I'd do that trade immediately, as both Sefolosha and Collison are very good defenders that give effort

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:04 am
migya wrote:Don't think Thunder would want Crawford, not that he wouldn't fit in, as they do need a SG, but he is older and it looks like they want to build with promising youth.

I'd do that trade immediately, as both Sefolosha and Collison are very good defenders that give effort

I hear what you are saying, Crawford isn't their #1 pick for sure, because of his age. also now that I think about it, they may want Collison as a back up PF for Jeff Green now that Malik Rose is gone. but if they don't, and they really DO want Collison gone, then this trade works well for them and for us.

It's only a two year deal for them, they could use him while they get their ducks in a row in 2009-'10 and then trade him in 2010-2011 as an expire'r for whoever they need to complete the picture.

other reasons:
- Durant and Green are the only guys that can hit the three with consistency (although they were 3rd from the bottom in 3pt% as a team). he would give them another much needed 3 point threat.
he'd also take some of the scoring load off of Durant who is their go to clutch guy (except when they were playing us, Fvckin Jeff Green buzzer beater!), and really the only guy on the thunder who can create for himself.

Westbrook is not a good outside shooter, not a good scorer in half court situations, and not a terrific ball handler - all of those are supposed strengths of Crawford. they might be a good match.

Also Collison didn't have a stellar year (all of his numbers were down), so you never know. 'member how jazzed everyone was when Crawford came to this young team? + now his contract is even smaller so maybe they'd bite too.

lastly - I forget if this is possible, someone help me out - could the thunder acquire him in the trade and then give him some money (outside of the salary cap restrictions) to leave? like commit to a verbal agreement that he will leave as soon as he's traded in exchange for some cash? then they could shop for a SG or a PG they really want (ben gordon perhaps?) with some serious cash (crawfords 9M + Collison's 6M + Sefo's 2M).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:29 am
I was just messing around with the ESPN Trade Machine, and I came up with this.

Just for fun, so please don't flame.

Warriors Get: #2 Pick in the 2009 Draft
Warriors Lose: Brandon Wright, #7 Pick in the 2009 Draft

Suns Get: Brandon Wright, Marko Jaric, Darko Milicic, #7 Pick in the 2009 Draft
Suns Lose: Amare Stoudemire

Grizzlies Get: Amare Stoudemire
Grizzlies Lose: #2 Pick in the Draft, Marko Jaric, Darko Milicic

The Obvious upside to this trade is that the Warriors could then go after Ricky Rubio, hopefully a long term plug at the PG. If Rubio really is as good a prospect as some on here think that he is, we would have made out pretty well in this mythical deal.

For the Suns, it seems that they have been looking to unload salaries lately and from what I have heard Amare is on the way out this offseason. They can replace him with young talent and two players who's contracts expire after next year (Milicic @ 7 mil and Wright at 2.4 Mil), which could make them players in the possibly outstanding FA class of 2010. On top of that they would have two first round picks in the upcoming draft where, according to my calculations, they could continue to add young talent in great value spots considering this mediocre draft class.

The Grizzlies would have to be considered at least a playoff contender with a starting five of Conley, Mayo, Gay, Stoudemire and Gasol. And even if I am overrating that 5, they would certainly have a wealth of young talent all over the roster. My hypothetical trade is assuming that Amare does a sign and trade.

Anyway that was fun. Back to real life.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 am
Tarantism wrote:I was just messing around with the ESPN Trade Machine, and I came up with this.

The Obvious upside to this trade is that the Warriors could then go after Ricky Rubio, hopefully a long term plug at the PG. If Rubio really is as good a prospect as some on here think that he is, we would have made out pretty well in this mythical deal.

For the Suns, it seems that they have been looking to unload salaries lately and from what I have heard Amare is on the way out this offseason. They can replace him with young talent and two players who's contracts expire after next year (Milicic @ 7 mil and Wright at 2.4 Mil), which could make them players in the possibly outstanding FA class of 2010. On top of that they would have two first round picks in the upcoming draft where, according to my calculations, they could continue to add young talent in great value spots considering this mediocre draft class.

The Grizzlies would have to be considered at least a playoff contender with a starting five of Conley, Mayo, Gay, Stoudemire and Gasol. And even if I am overrating that 5, they would certainly have a wealth of young talent all over the roster. My hypothetical trade is assuming that Amare does a sign and trade.

interesting thought, but I don't think warriors are putting enough on the table, and I think Suns would want to trade Amare for at least a starter. were just giving them a bunch of low-upside (well to the rest of the world wright is low upside) back ups.

maybe

Wright, Milicic, and Marko Jaric's wife for Amare?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:54 am
first off wrote:
Tarantism wrote:I was just messing around with the ESPN Trade Machine, and I came up with this.

interesting thought, but I don't think warriors are putting enough on the table, and I think Suns would want to trade Amare for at least a starter. were just giving them a bunch of low-upside (well to the rest of the world wright is low upside) back ups.

maybe

Wright, Milicic, and Marko Jaric's wife for Amare?

Thanks for the response. I am not sure, but is Darrell Aurthur a starter for Memphis? His salary is small enough to tack on without messing the trade up.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:24 pm
Hahaha ok so I have been having a lot of fun with this trade machine. Here is another one that I just did for fun:

Warriors get: Detroits' 2010 Second Round Pick, Matt Barnes
Warriors Lose: Jamaal Crawford

Sun Get: Jason Maxiell, Teyshaun Prince, Detroit's 2009 and 2010 First Rounder
Sun Lose: Amare Stoudemire, Matt Barnes

Pistons Get: Amare Stoudemire, Jamaal Crawford
Pistons Lose: '09 and '10 First Rounders, Teyshaun Prince and Jason Maxiell

Maybe too much for Detroit to give up but if you look at the big picture, they gain one perrenial All-Star and one spark plug scorer. Also it may not look that good for us but really the whole league knows we want to get rid of Jamaal and Nelson is already farmiliar with the versitle Matt Barnes.

Anyways once again that was just for kicks.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:10 pm
Tarantism wrote:Hahaha ok so I have been having a lot of fun with this trade machine. Here is another one that I just did for fun:

Maybe too much for Detroit to give up but if you look at the big picture, they gain one perrenial All-Star and one spark plug scorer. Also it may not look that good for us but really the whole league knows we want to get rid of Jamaal and Nelson is already farmiliar with the versitle Matt Barnes.

I dont think a team can trade consecutive first rounders.....didnt used to be able to anyway. What about trying to package either Craw or Maggette and get the expiring contract of Ben Wallace? Maybe one of those guys and Brandon Wright? I know Wright probably has more value to the Dubs than Wallace, but if he can be used to get 10M+ off the books, would it be worth it?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Tarantism wrote:Hahaha ok so I have been having a lot of fun with this trade machine. Here is another one that I just did for fun:

I dont think a team can trade consecutive first rounders.....didnt used to be able to anyway. What about trying to package either Craw or Maggette and get the expiring contract of Ben Wallace? Maybe one of those guys and Brandon Wright? I know Wright probably has more value to the Dubs than Wallace, but if he can be used to get 10M+ off the books, would it be worth it?

That is certainly something worth exploring. To me, Anothony Randolph makes Bradan Wright expendable for a number of reasons, and while we don't really need Ben Wallace, he is likely to retire or organize a buyout of his current contract anyways, so trading for him is essentially taking 10 Million the books, as you said.

The only problem is that in todays NBA, 10 Million off the books is a hot, hot commodity, especially considering the FA class coming up the year after next. I think that we would probably be outbid. If the Nets offered Vince Carter for Raef Lafrentz's expiring contract last year at the deadline, then a player who is actually physically able to play AND is an expiring contract should get some strange and crazy bids in today's NBA.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:48 am
OK I got three Crawford trades to ponder.
---------------------------
Crawford for the nets' Bobby Simmons

I know what your saying, "who the f*ck is bobby simmons?
answer: the closest thing we can get to cap room.

put up one year with him, and then it's ten mill off the books.

in the mean time, he can step in defensively at the 3 if need be, and he can also fill in for maggette if he gets hurt again this year.

Nets are lacking a solid 2 guard, and I know they are in the "LeBron Sweepstakes" but honestly, I don't think they will get him with NYK making such a strong push.
----------------------------
this second one might get monta's panties in a bundle (getting a back-up PG), but who cares?

Alston (who they want to trade) + Battie for Crawford + a 1st round pick
- they don't really need Crawford, but who knows. it would give us help where we need it and both are also 1 year deals (cap room!)
------------------------------
3rd move
Jamal Crawford for the Wizzzs Etan Thomas and Javaris Crittenton.
- I would be REALLY happy if it went down. Crittenton is a young tall PG with skillz (still a project, but has lots of promise.) agent 0 and Crawford in the backcourt might really work for them, and they might get Jorday Hill in the draft, so they can toss etan to us.

Etan thomas = low post bulk if he is healthy and 7.5 Mill worth of Cap room regardless (1yr deal).

Javaris Crittenton gives us the tall back up PG we need. less of a project than anyone in the draft, and whats more, we could sell our draft pick for next years first rounder!

yeah it could go down like this:
Washington secures Jordan Hill with the 5th pick. we then tell the wiz we will make a trade of Crawford for Etan Thomas and Javaris Crittenton AND give them the 7th pick for their first rounder from next year. we get what we need and we also get a lotto pick (cause washington sux) for next year too, while getting rid of shiit (crawford) we don't want!

PG:Monta Ellis / Javaris Crittenton / Marco Belinelli
SG: Stephen Jackson / Anthony Morrow / resign CJ watson
SF: Keleena Azubuike / Corey Maggette
PF: Anthony Randolph / Brandan Wright / Etan Thomas
C: Andris Biedrins / Ronny Turiaf / Jemereo Davidson

you want speed? than you just move monta down to SG, move Jax down to SF, and let either Crittenton (for slashing) or Belinelli (for 3pt threat) take over PG. both back ups are 6'5" evening out monta's shortcomings as a SG.

hello playoffs, it's been a while, hasn't it? I've missed you...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
PreviousNext

Return to Trades