Jefferson For Stoudemire In The Works

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 pm
Real GM wrote:An NBA executive told the Boston Globe that the Timberwolves and Suns are working on a trade that would send Al Jefferson and the Wolves' sixth draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare Stoudemire.

David Kahn is looking to make dramatic changes after recently being hired in Minnesota.

that changes things up a bit... I'm not sure if suns want a new PG rookie like the T' Wolves did. maybe we will get more of a choice.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:33 am
Say what? AND they're adding the 6th pick to it, too? Is that really necessary. Honestly, I'd take Jefferson over Amare ANYDAY. But I guess I understand... the last thing they want is another rookie. Still don't see how this helps the Wolves... especially since they don't have the proper PG in place.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:05 am
yeah I'd rather have jefferson than amere to be honest... but there ya go. it's just a RUMORED trade, they might tack on a future draft pick for Minesotta too before the deal is done.

I guess since Jefferson tore his ACL maybe they are buying the risk that it might get messed up again? Amere has had his share of problems too though.

Amere is worth more over a smaller amount of time too. he's 16M 2-3years vs. AL J.'s 13M for 4 years.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:40 am
if fit, that's a great trade for Phoenix

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:46 am
hahaah now amare can be the man all he wants on the twovless hahaha...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:31 am
saintdee wrote:hahaah now amare can be the man all he wants on the twovless hahaha...

lol yeah he's going to have to change his mug shot to show the "get me the F#$k out of here / I can't believe these chumps are my teammates" expression that Jefferson currently has.

from
to
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:30 am
xbay wrote:Say what? AND they're adding the 6th pick to it, too? Is that really necessary. Honestly, I'd take Jefferson over Amare ANYDAY. But I guess I understand... the last thing they want is another rookie. Still don't see how this helps the Wolves... especially since they don't have the proper PG in place.

Me too. Seems like Minny might have found an even WORSE GM than McHale (if this is real, of course)... and I never thought that could be possible.

I mean, come on, I wouldn't trade Al Jefferson for Amare right away... and they're considering adding their 6th pick?. Kahn should be fired if he approaches Glen Taylor with that trade.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:49 am
meh, this trade is only a rumor, this was posted on insidehoops (great place to pick up rumors and/or debunk them:

An NBA executive told the Boston Globe today that the Minnesota Timberwolves is working a deal with the Phoenix Suns that would send former Celtics forward Al Jefferson and their sixth pick in next week's NBA Draft for All-Star Amare Stoudemire. Boston Globe Blog

Let me dispel these rumors before they start to takeoff as I have received several emails based on some blogs saying Amare Stoudemire is going to Minnesota for Al Jefferson and the #6 pick. First, the trade would be a steal for the Suns. Second, Minnesota's new top man David Kahn might be fired if he made that trade it is so one-sided. KTAR

But the truth is that there have been NO discussions between the teams about this trade. It is a total BS made up rumor with no legs. The Suns are shopping Amare, but more than likely if they don't find a deal that they love they will keep him and deal with the alternatives at a later date. KTAR
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:55 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Say what? AND they're adding the 6th pick to it, too? Is that really necessary. Honestly, I'd take Jefferson over Amare ANYDAY. But I guess I understand... the last thing they want is another rookie. Still don't see how this helps the Wolves... especially since they don't have the proper PG in place.

Me too. Seems like Minny might have found an even WORSE GM than McHale (if this is real, of course)... and I never thought that could be possible.

I mean, come on, I wouldn't trade Al Jefferson for Amare right away... and they're considering adding their 6th pick?. Kahn should be fired if he approaches Glen Taylor with that trade.

they do have four first round draft picks, I think they were looking at picking up another PG with the second one.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 pm
It has been reported that the T'Wolves "quickly dismissed" the Suns:

An NBA source said today that Minnesota forward-center Al Jefferson is not being traded to the Suns with the sixth overall pick for Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire. An NBA executive told The Globe on Wednesday that the teams discussed the trade. But another source acknowledged the discussion, but also said the Suns were quickly turned down

http://insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml
[/quote]
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:56 pm
TMC wrote:

As much as I like Amare, AJeff is better then him right now and younger as well.

Chances are this is just a rumour and not one that is valid either, as Tarant pointed out

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum