MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:09 pm
wow. Hilarious. make sure you listen to his voice.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ30S6DXTpw[/youtube]

how many times has this kid been beat up?
how many wedgies has this poor child been subjected to?

Wow. rotfl!

"...I couldn't take my eyes away it WAS AMAZING!!!"
Last edited by first off on Sat May 23, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:08 pm
Five... he needs to be beat up five times.... for this...

:bday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:16 am
terminator salvation

a huge action fest. The plot is very simple. McG did the action scenes ok but the movie lacks a connection. It was just mindless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:03 am
Let The Right One In:

It's a swedish vampire movie that takes place in the early '80s. I won't spoil much of it, but don't expect lots of violence and blood (there is, but just when it fits the story). It's not one of those "uber-cool" stories in which there are lots of monsters, lots of hot broads and sh*t like that. It's a much darker, terrifying and beautiful story that focuses on its characters.

8/10.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:49 am
TMC wrote:Let The Right One In:

It's a swedish vampire movie that takes place in the early '80s. I won't spoil much of it, but don't expect lots of violence and blood (there is, but just when it fits the story). It's not one of those "uber-cool" stories in which there are lots of monsters, lots of hot broads and sh*t like that. It's a much darker, terrifying and beautiful story that focuses on its characters.

8/10.

Haven't heard of it. Is it a new one or not? How old would you say

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:27 am
migya wrote:

8/10.

Haven't heard of it. Is it a new one or not? How old would you say

The premiere was last month, but it's already been played in several festivals, winning Tribeca and a few others. It was played in a limited release in the USA (maybe Australia as well), because Hollywood has already bought the rights for an English remake. Still, it's well worth it, so if you can't find a theater that plays foreign films, you may always try to download it.

Here's the wikipedia link, in case you want to know more about it (I'd avoid the plot section if you don't want to spoil the fun, tho. :wink: ):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_the_Right_One_In_(film)

EDIT: Don't know why the URL label doesn't work, so you may have to copy and paste it on the browser.

Although it may also be me, maybe it's the hangover that doesn't let me see what I'm doing wrong with the link... :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:37 am

8/10.

its a very strangely beautiful film. I also liked it.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:44 pm
Terminator Salvation (no spoilers)
-----------

if you like mindless action movies or shoot'em up video games, you may have a good time. I was pretty bored though. It's like a bad version of Matrix III (which I liked but most hated).

"[it] feels akin to being forced to listen to chitchat during an earthquake"
- Mary Pols of Time magazine describes the dialogue found in this movie perfectly:

it just never grabs you. I'll give them cred for at least attempting to put a few unpredictable twists in the flick, but because there is no character development, you don't really care (don't get your hopes up, the twists aren't that big).

instantly forgettable.

EDIT---
2.5 out of 5

I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I have at least enjoyed all the Terminator movies before this one. they had a lot of good material to work with from the past three films. this one was frustrating cause they could have easily made this film a hell of a lot better than it turned out.
Last edited by first off on Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:00 pm
It was interesting.

*SPOILER* Not that great, though. Definitely was funny seeing the young, digitalized Arnold back in there, even if it was for like 3 minutes.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:02 am
Okay, so I watched The Hangover this past night and well....

THE BEST COMEDY I've seen. It was HILARIOUS. Very crude humor and lots of disgusting, but humorous material. I loved every second of it. A must see for not only everyone above the age of 16, but for the men who love to party hard and wake up to the worst hangovers ever.

5/5
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:40 am
So my friend and I saw the Hangover... and yes it does live up to the hype. I can totally see the big wigs of LV coming together and saying "OK, no one wants to come to Vegas right now because everyone's out of cash. so what we need is a KICK ASS vegas movie to let everyone know that our town is f$#king awesome (despite spit you out broke when it's done with you)." they get the best writers in hollywood together and poof! a great comedy is born.

best comedy I've seen since the 40 year old virgin.

it was late and the movie theater employees weren't really paying attention so we snuck into a few other movies. I saw the first 30mins of Pelham 123 and it seemed pretty good. I'm gonna watch it with my pop this weekend.

also my friend wanted to see Angels and Demons so we watched all of that, and I gotta say, it kinda sucked. maybe I was just tired from watching 1 and a half movies already, but I found it boring and unexciting. the story just isn't very well told. Ron Howard is a great director though, it was visually brilliant. but like someone else already pointed out on a youtube review - you basically watch Tom Hanks solving a bunch of crimes... the way the story is set up, you CAN'T be involved in figuring out the mystery no matter how hard you try. also Ewan McGregor has an english accent, but plays a priest with an Italian last name? WTF? that confused the heck out of me.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:03 am
Transformers opens in a couple days and I am fired up. I realize these movies are not intellectually life changing but man what great EYE CANDY!

My son and I loved the first one and his anticipation of this next movie reminds me so much of my anticipation of Empire Strikes Back after seeing the original Star Wars: A New Hope
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:22 pm
bada wrote:Transformers opens in a couple days and I am fired up. I realize these movies are not intellectually life changing but man what great EYE CANDY!

My son and I loved the first one and his anticipation of this next movie reminds me so much of my anticipation of Empire Strikes Back after seeing the original Star Wars: A New Hope

Glad your sharing that with the Badalings bud, beautiful stuff.................but god damn that makes me sad for the youth of today.

You know what I mean? we had Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, E.T, etc etc etc................they have a Michael Bay (a complete and total hack) remake of some thing we loved as kids and High School Musical! :evil: :cry:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:28 pm
Just rented and watched CHE part 1 with Benicio Del Toro. Damn good movie, I didn't realize i should have rented both parts at once as the first part cuts off right in the middle on their way to Havana. But i also rented Gran Torino and a couple for my little girl. So part 2 will be rented shortly.

Anyway, amazing portrayal by Benicio and very accurate according to books i've read. Anybody else give this movie a look?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:37 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Just rented and watched CHE part 1 with Benicio Del Toro. Damn good movie, I didn't realize i should have rented both parts at once as the first part cuts off right in the middle on their way to Havana. But i also rented Gran Torino and a couple for my little girl. So part 2 will be rented shortly.

Anyway, amazing portrayal by Benicio and very accurate according to books i've read. Anybody else give this movie a look?

Ive been meaning to download that man..............and now youve reminded me!

Cheers. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum