The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:32 pm
xbay wrote:UFC 2009 Undisputed.... is the sh*t.

I cannot get enough of the game. So far on career mode, I'm 13-5. Loss to Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz twice each, and Shogun once. But I was able to avenge my fight against Ortiz. And I'm about to go up against Shogun. Notable wins were TKO's twice against Liddell and Wanderlei Silva, as well as a TKO win over Rampage.

But online is tough, from what I've heard. I haven't gotten around to play it, yet, but from what I've heard, people use their created characters and they're extremely tough to beat, even if you use a UFC fighter. Their stats are usually all the way up in takedowns and submissions, so they'd take you down, and you're as good as done unless you're really good at getting out.

Oh, and my friend told me the classic matches are tough as hell. The TKO ones are easy, but the submissions are tough since you have to get them to tap in a certain round, at a certain time.

I'm telling you right now, Fight Night Round 4's demo play is SICK and SO REALISTIC just like UFC's. So while I expect FN to sell well, UFC is going to compete neck and neck with them on the market.

Great game, 9.2/10.

that's it xbay, i gotta fight you online sometime. Hopefully I'll have my actual xbox soon. Borrowed my brothers but i'm gonna give it back soon. The game is really addicting. Have only played a couple matches against a friend of mine so far. I've played a bunch of my career though, that guy will be a nasty striker when i'm done with him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:34 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:

I cannot get enough of the game. So far on career mode, I'm 13-5. Loss to Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz twice each, and Shogun once. But I was able to avenge my fight against Ortiz. And I'm about to go up against Shogun. Notable wins were TKO's twice against Liddell and Wanderlei Silva, as well as a TKO win over Rampage.

But online is tough, from what I've heard. I haven't gotten around to play it, yet, but from what I've heard, people use their created characters and they're extremely tough to beat, even if you use a UFC fighter. Their stats are usually all the way up in takedowns and submissions, so they'd take you down, and you're as good as done unless you're really good at getting out.

Oh, and my friend told me the classic matches are tough as hell. The TKO ones are easy, but the submissions are tough since you have to get them to tap in a certain round, at a certain time.

I'm telling you right now, Fight Night Round 4's demo play is SICK and SO REALISTIC just like UFC's. So while I expect FN to sell well, UFC is going to compete neck and neck with them on the market.

Great game, 9.2/10.

that's it xbay, i gotta fight you online sometime. Hopefully I'll have my actual xbox soon. Borrowed my brothers but i'm gonna give it back soon. The game is really addicting. Have only played a couple matches against a friend of mine so far. I've played a bunch of my career though, that guy will be a nasty striker when i'm done with him.

Makes me want to get an xbox! Sounds awesome that game

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:55 pm
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Great game, 9.2/10.

It really just is. The game is legit and worth the money.

But yeah, for sure Rob. I've been playing career mode, and now I'm 21-4. I was mistaken, I only loss to Ortiz once, not twice. Anyways, I'm still working on my created guy. It takes a long time to get your stats up, but when I'm done with him, KOs and Submissions are going to be like nothing to me.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:30 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Great game, 9.2/10.

But yeah, for sure Rob. I've been playing career mode, and now I'm 21-4. I was mistaken, I only loss to Ortiz once, not twice. Anyways, I'm still working on my created guy. It takes a long time to get your stats up, but when I'm done with him, KOs and Submissions are going to be like nothing to me.

oh man, my record is nothing like that, it's like 18-11. Playing on advanced, i had trouble when anybody would get me in full mount. I can get out of it now. I had trouble with Heath Herring, lost to him twice. Gabriel Gonzaga submitted me also. I've knocked out some decent heavyweights. Gave the xbox back and now i'm craving the damn game. Migya it really is a good game if you're an MMA fan.

Also, anybody watching ultimate fighter? the US vs. UK is a pretty good angle. That one dude who got his teeth stuck in the mouthpiece was crazy. Tonight is supposed to be good with Bisping stirrin it up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:20 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Great game, 9.2/10.

oh man, my record is nothing like that, it's like 18-11. Playing on advanced, i had trouble when anybody would get me in full mount. I can get out of it now. I had trouble with Heath Herring, lost to him twice. Gabriel Gonzaga submitted me also. I've knocked out some decent heavyweights. Gave the xbox back and now i'm craving the damn game. Migya it really is a good game if you're an MMA fan.

Also, anybody watching ultimate fighter? the US vs. UK is a pretty good angle. That one dude who got his teeth stuck in the mouthpiece was crazy. Tonight is supposed to be good with Bisping stirrin it up.

There are second hand xbox's on sale by the public here and since you can download games or copy them from someone else, I might invest in it :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:48 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Great game, 9.2/10.

Well, my guy has had trouble getting submissions and take downs. I remember against Rashad Evans, he took me down at least 6 times that match. I've only been able to achieve the Kimura and Leg Lock so far. I'm trying to get other submissions, but they always escape. I've been knocking out fighters left and right, so it's made me really start working on my wrestling game.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:52 pm
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Great game, 9.2/10.

Well, my guy has had trouble getting submissions and take downs. I remember against Rashad Evans, he took me down at least 6 times that match. I've only been able to achieve the Kimura and Leg Lock so far. I'm trying to get other submissions, but they always escape. I've been knocking out fighters left and right, so it's made me really start working on my wrestling game.

Yeah i gotta work on the ground game as well. Though most of my focus now is to be able to get up off the ground so i can get back to striking. My next career will probably focus on a more submission oriented fighter. I'll be gettin my xbox back tomorrow, so maybe i'll catch you on this weekend.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:43 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Great game, 9.2/10.

Yeah i gotta work on the ground game as well. Though most of my focus now is to be able to get up off the ground so i can get back to striking. My next career will probably focus on a more submission oriented fighter. I'll be gettin my xbox back tomorrow, so maybe i'll catch you on this weekend.

Alright, cool. I'll be busy, though, but hopefully I'll be on. Friday night I'll be out with friends. Saturday I'll be busy all day for my friend's birthday and my old high school's NCS Title game against De La Salle in the Oakland Colliseum, and Sunday I'll be busy with a performance. So if anything, you'll catch me on Sunday night.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:21 pm
Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin. Who you got? I'm taking Silva here.

Chiek Kongo vs Cain Velasquez. Who you got? Personally, I like Kongo, so I'm taking him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:56 am
xbay wrote:Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin. Who you got? I'm taking Silva here.

Chiek Kongo vs Cain Velasquez. Who you got? Personally, I like Kongo, so I'm taking him.

Kongo might well be the next one to go against Lesnar, if Lesnar beats, as he should, Mir. Kongo looks like he could be a real big hit, as his grappling has gotten better each fight (though it still is not quite above average even yet) and his striking is unmatched in Heavyweight division.

I don't know why the Wanderlei v Franklin fight is at a catch weight and not at Light Heavyweight, as both now fight at that weight and Silva always has and franklin moved up to it over a year ago. Should be a real good fight and tough to pick. I'll pick Silva, though could go either way

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:58 pm
Well, Kongo lost via UD. And Franklin beat Silva vs UD. Didn't watch UFC 99, so I don't know what actually happened.

But hey mig, you have any idea who Machida will be defending his title against? Everything seems to pointing towards Rampage's way, but if so, that fight won't happen 'til 2010 when "supposedly," both Machida and Rampage are coaches on the Ultimate Fighter season 10. Thus, both fighting in UFC 101.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:06 pm
But hey mig, you have any idea who Machida will be defending his title against? Everything seems to pointing towards Rampage's way, but if so, that fight won't happen 'til 2010 when "supposedly," both Machida and Rampage are coaches on the Ultimate Fighter season 10. Thus, both fighting in UFC 101.

CLICK to find out.

But I don't think it's official yet. So I will not comment further.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:19 pm
fine wrote:

CLICK to find out.

But I don't think it's official yet. So I will not comment further.

I thought it was gonna be rampage and evans. This is the all heavyweight one right?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 pm
The next great UFC star?

Answer: My son!!!

OK, so perharps not, but this past weekend my son took the gold medal in his Brazilian Jujitsu tournament!!! I was so proud of him. It was an "in-house" tournament and in the championship match, he beat a kid 3 belts above him and who is on the studio's STORM team which is for the studio's elite competitors. In fact, he beat this kid twice as he faced him earlier in the tournament and beat him sending him to the losers bracket. The kid went on to win the rest of his matches and get to the championship match against Jake.

GO JAKE!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:01 pm
xbay wrote:Well, Kongo lost via UD. And Franklin beat Silva vs UD. Didn't watch UFC 99, so I don't know what actually happened.

Haven't seen UFC 99, just know Kongo lost to Valasquez and Franklin beat Wanderlei. Kongo won't get a title shot against winner of Lesnar/Mir now and Valasquez is being touted as a future champion, so who knows, he might get next shot.

Apparently Rashard evans and Rampage are going to be coaches on next Ultimate Fighter and wil meet in a fight some time this year, so not sure who and when Machida will be fighting next. I don't think Machida will get beaten by any of the current LightHeavy weights, but maybe Anderson Silva, who now fights in both Middle weight and LightHeavy weight may actually be the one that ends uo beating him

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board