2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:00 pm
All of those are good picks, particularly Slaton. I was hoping he would fall a bit more, but I should have known better with you around, Bada. I'd be surprised if he, at least, doesn't repeat a similar season to last year.

Jacobs is also a good pick, mainly near the end zone. Big value there.

And CJ... what can I say?. Once he has a QB throwing to him, he'll be on Larry Fitzgerald's level. I believe both of them are a step above Randy Moss right now... although Randy has more value than CJ as long as Tom Brady stays healthy.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:07 am
I thought Bada's pick of Steve Slaton was a great pick as well as aussie picking Brandon Jacobs.

TMC, what week do you expect Fitz to get injured? :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:10 am
xbay wrote:I thought Bada's pick of Steve Slaton was a great pick as well as aussie picking Brandon Jacobs.

Heard of Karma bro??

Cause my money on him getting injured won't be the week where he gets a Buck Fifty Receiving yards and nets 3 or so Touchdowns on your Fantasy matchup

Plus wasn't Boldin the WR who kept getting injured last season?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:12 am
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
xbay wrote:I thought Bada's pick of Steve Slaton was a great pick as well as aussie picking Brandon Jacobs.

Heard of Karma bro??

Cause my money on him getting injured won't be the week where he gets a Buck Fifty Receiving yards and nets 3 or so Touchdowns on your Fantasy matchup

Well, Fitz is on the Madden cover and you know all that jazz about the curse and all. I'm not wishing him injured, I'm just saying.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:31 am
Well, lets just say Grossman makes a better backup than dan orlovsky... why is this important? because Matt Shaub always gets hurt, and i think this is one of the reasons the "experts" dont have my pick higher (ESPN has him ranked 11th, so this is not too bad, yahoo 14th).

With that said, i am picking the NFL's best WR (yes, best) in Andre Johnson. He is risk to injury, but so is anyone else. You play to win the game, so i am picking the best talent out there.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 am
Wow Crackerz... We Got Chris Johnson and now Andre Johnson.

You tryna get the Johnson family together ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No Doubt if William hadn't taken Calvin Johnson you would have had a long hard think about him :?:

Anyways i predict Crackerz takes Larry Johnson sometime in the later rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:51 am
Too Bad no good QB has the last name Johnson :mrgreen:

Oh, and besides Larry, I also plan on drafting former Johnsons too (like Chad 85)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Too Bad no good QB has the last name Johnson :mrgreen:

Oh, and besides Larry, I also plan on drafting former Johnsons too (like Chad 85)

Haha Ocho Cinco!!! Yeah i thought about him... But his gonna be double teamed like a ************ now with TJ departed.

& plus he goes up against Nnamdi Asomugha in week 11... That makes him only worthwhile at least 15 games this season
(looking forward to seeing that statline, looking forward even more to hearing that press conference :D )

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:41 am
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Too Bad no good QB has the last name Johnson :mrgreen:

Haha Ocho Cinco!!! Yeah i thought about him... But his gonna be double teamed like a ************ now with TJ departed.

& plus he goes up against Nnamdi Asomugha in week 11... That makes him only worthwhile at least 15 games this season
(looking forward to seeing that statline, looking forward even more to hearing that press conference :D )

plus he isnt an elite reciever... maybe 3 years ago, but not now... this is the NFL (Not For Long). once you lose it, you are most likely done from climbing.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 am
xbay wrote:
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:

Heard of Karma bro??

Well, Fitz is on the Madden cover and you know all that jazz about the curse and all. I'm not wishing him injured, I'm just saying.

It's gonna be a tough season for Fitz. He'll have to overcome both the Madden curse and the TMC curse... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:26 pm
Marion Barber.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:52 am
Remember you've got two picks now, JOEL.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:01 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:

Heard of Karma bro??

It's gonna be a tough season for Fitz. He'll have to overcome both the Madden curse and the TMC curse... :mrgreen:

maybe they'll cancel out :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:02 am
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:

Heard of Karma bro??

maybe they'll cancel out :wink:

Or maybe they work together and Fitz misses consecutive seasons... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:43 pm
Hey guys i completely forgot to let you all know but JOEL pm'd me last week and said he was going out into the forrest with his mates for hunting, bikeriding and drinking... (Sounds like a excuse to hide his homosexual tendancies)

Anyways i guess we can expect him to post up his next 2 picks sometime Sunday Night, Monday Morning... (so xbay there's no need to keep refreshing your web browser :mrgreen: )
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum