The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:53 am
Ha ha, fooled you...........this is a thread for people (probably just me and TMC) to talk about REAL FOOTBALL!!!........I hesitantly and disgustingly call it, for the benfit of my American chums, Soccer.

So, I wanted/needed to create this to talk specifically about the two recent transfers Real Madrid have completed or are about too.

The undisclosed "record" fee for Kaka from Milan (the best central midfielder in the world) and now the stated record £80/$140 million fee for Man United's Ronaldo (the best winger/forward in the world)

I think it just simply sucks d*ck, not just because this is what Real always do but still end up with hardly any trophies (like when the bought Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo (fat Brazillian one) and then Beckham in the space of a few years.

But mainly because now you have THE 3 best players in the world, playing in the same league and for only 2 teams, whereas they were spread across 3 leagues and 3 teams just a few days ago.

Also, I just cant stand Real and how they literally get all the money they want and are bankrolled by the Bank of Madrid or whatever, who constantly clear their debts and relieve of them of any financial trouble, thus allowing them to keep doing this.............when every other team in the world has to manage themselves thought sponsors, merchansising and player sales............its just sh*t.

And finally because they spent the last couple of years buying up most of Europes young talent, like Robben, Sneider, Van Der Vaart, Diarra and others.............and now these guys, who are great great players in their own right, are going to get pushed aside and go un-developed.

So, TMC my bud............what you say you on this joke?

Ps: They are supposedly after David Villa now!!! WTF!!! piss off. :roll:
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 am
bigstrads wrote:Ha ha, fooled you...........this is a thread for people (probably just me and TMC) to talk about REAL FOOTBALL!!!........I hesitantly and disgustingly call it, for the benfit of my American chums, Soccer.

So, I wanted/needed to create this to talk specifically about the two recent transfers Real Madrid have completed or are about too.

The undisclosed "record" fee for Kaka from Milan (the best central midfielder in the world) and now the stated record £80/$140 million fee for Man United's Ronaldo (the best winger/forward in the world)

I think it just simply sucks d*ck, not just because this is what Real always do but still end up with hardly any trophies (like when the bought Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo (fat Brazillian one) and then Beckham in the space of a few years.

But mainly because now you have THE 3 best players in the world, playing in the same league and for only 2 teams, whereas they were spread across 3 leagues and 3 teams just a few days ago.

Also, I just cant stand Real and how they literally get all the money they want and are bankrolled by the Bank of Madrid or whatever, who constantly clear their debts and relieve of them of any financial trouble, thus allowing them to keep doing this.............when every other team in the world has to manage themselves thought sponsors, merchansising and player sales............its just sh*t.

And finally because they spent the last couple of years buying up most of Europes young talent, like Robben, Sneider, Van Der Vaart, Diarra and others.............and now these guys, who are great great players in their own right, are going to get pushed aside and go un-developed.

So, TMC my bud............what you say you on this joke?

Ps: They are supposedly after David Villa now!!! WTF!!! piss off. :roll:

Ban THIS TROLL!!! why don't you and TMC just PM each other? it's only gonna be you two in this thread anyway (Post Whore!) :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Ban THIS TROLL!!! why don't you and TMC just PM each other? it's only gonna be you two in this thread anyway (Post Whore!) :mrgreen:

Screw you DICKum! :evil: :mrgreen:

I thought I would open the discussion up publically incase anyone else wanted to contribute! ALLRIGHT!!!???

Jeez, its like you and that other dude in that Call of Duty thread...........damn, that was just the two of you homers going on about crap for 17+ pages!!!..............ohh sh*t, that was me aswell. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:45 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Ban THIS TROLL!!! why don't you and TMC just PM each other? it's only gonna be you two in this thread anyway (Post Whore!) :mrgreen:

Ah, another lover of soccer. Nice to have you on the thread, Rob. :mrgreen:

bigstrads wrote:Ha ha, fooled you...........this is a thread for people (probably just me and TMC) to talk about REAL FOOTBALL!!!........I hesitantly and disgustingly call it, for the benfit of my American chums, Soccer.

Nah, we have a thread for football, and it's close to 200 pages. This soccer thingy is for pussies. It's been that way since Vinnie Jones retired. :mrgreen:

bigstrads wrote:So, I wanted/needed to create this to talk specifically about the two recent transfers Real Madrid have completed or are about too.

The undisclosed "record" fee for Kaka from Milan (the best central midfielder in the world)

Not really. There are like 5 or 6 better. Maybe even more. He's just flashy, but I wouldn't take him over... Iniesta, Cesc or Essien, just to name a few (all those guys are midfielders, and that's why I put them together, although they play different roles)

bigstrads wrote:and now the stated record £80/$140 million fee for Man United's Ronaldo (the best winger/forward in the world)

Once again, CR is... a scumbag. The Kobe Bryant of soccer. I cannot think of a player I despise more than him. Perfect fit for Madrid, you know.

And still don't think he's the best winger/forward. Far from it. Really, really far from it. He's, once again, flashy, and usually not even that in big games.

bigstrads wrote:I think it just simply sucks d*ck, not just because this is what Real always do but still end up with hardly any trophies (like when the bought Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo (fat Brazillian one) and then Beckham in the space of a few years.

Sadly, that's not totally true. They've won lots of domestic trophies, much to our chagrin. They've failed as of late in european competitions... but that's because the roster wasn't deep enough.

bigstrads wrote:But mainly because now you have THE 3 best players in the world, playing in the same league and for only 2 teams, whereas they were spread across 3 leagues and 3 teams just a few days ago.

Once again, I don't agree at all with that statement. There much better guys playing elsewhere. I'd rather have Ibrahimovic or Cesc any day above Kaka or CR, and those two do not play in Spain.

Might be just a personal taste, but I see more style than meat in those two.

bigstrads wrote:Also, I just cant stand Real and how they literally get all the money they want and are bankrolled by the Bank of Madrid or whatever, who constantly clear their debts and relieve of them of any financial trouble, thus allowing them to keep doing this.............when every other team in the world has to manage themselves thought sponsors, merchansising and player sales............its just sh*t.

Agreed. Considering I'm a Barça fan, I've got nothing but hate for Real Madrid (actually, it's up to debate if I became a Barça fan just due to how much I hate Madrid or was a fan before that).

About the money... nobody has the slightest idea where it comes from, because Real Madrid is in some deep sh*t, financially speaking, with an enormous debt. It's possible that his new (old) president is asking for favors to get loans, and that would explain a lot of things... but they'll have to pay those loans in the future.

bigstrads wrote:And finally because they spent the last couple of years buying up most of Europes young talent, like Robben, Sneider, Van Der Vaart, Diarra and others.............and now these guys, who are great great players in their own right, are going to get pushed aside and go un-developed.

Some of those guys will leave in a few months. Van der Vaart and Robben are almost out, and Sneijder and Diarra might also leave to, somehow, pay for the new guys.

bigstrads wrote:Ps: They are supposedly after David Villa now!!! WTF!!! piss off. :roll:

Well, Valencia is near bankruptcy, so they're almost forced to sell. They're just taking advantage of that fact.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:20 am
I was shocked when I read that CR is going to Madrid this morning. I really like his play although I usually hate guys like him such as Kobe, A-Fraud, Ovheckin.
The Spanish league is getting all the best talent in the world little by little, it is rumored that Barca is close to doing a swap of Eto'o for Ibra which would be a huge blow for me since I am an Inter fan.
This transaction makes Madrid incredible favorites now, I don't care if they did just win the Champions League.
Is anyone else crapping their pants in anticipation for World Cup which starts exactly one year from today????
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:32 am
that's the only time i get into "Football". There is a lot of futbol being watched at my house, but not much by me. My in laws follow Mexico and some teams there
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:37 pm
metalface wrote:it is rumored that Barca is close to doing a swap of Eto'o for Ibra which would be a huge blow for me since I am an Inter fan.

It shouldn't. Eto'o is so much better than Ibra (not technically, but he is in anything else that matters) that it'd be insane to trade him. But seems like that's what Barça is trying to do... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:45 pm
Well whos better than who is always debateable.

At the end of the day, theyve bought two of the best, most influential, most lauded, famous players in the world........for back to back world record fees.

I think that they literally just look at who won the World Footballer of the year and buy whoever that is =

Ronaldo wins it this year - Real buy him this year.
Kaka won it last year = Real buy him this year.
Cannavaro wins in 2006 = Real buy him in 2006.
Zidane won it in 1998 and 2000 = Real buy him in 2001.
Figo came 2nd in 2000 and won it in 2001 = Real buy him in 2000.
Fat Ronaldo won it in 1996, 1997 and 2002 = Real buy him in 2002.
Beckham comes 2nd in 1999 and 2001 = Real buy him in 2003.

Its just insane...........the good thing is, Platini has already spoken out about in terms of the state of the financial world of football and also that its causing a monopoly =

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 78,00.html
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:58 pm
Gee, I don't know. If there's a player I can't stand in ANY sport, that's CR. He's the poster boy for everything that's wrong with fame... so I'm pretty happy he signed for Real. Makes it much easier to hate them both. Now I don't have to "split my hate".

I know it doesn't make any sense, but I wanted to post it anyway.., :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 pm
Real Madrid not only have Kaka this year...they also just have agrrement with Manchester United for Christiano Ronaldo over $100 millions...

geeez can't imagine the midfiled line up will have Kaka and C.Ronaldo on left wing...

they already have bunch of superstar on the team....these 2 additional will kill the spanish league and champions league...hope barca can give a fight with messi.

I am Real Madrid,Man Utd, Inter Milan fans but i can't agree with what they done....is not competitive anymore....
Kaka ball skill and passing skill are A class along with Christiano Ronaldo but CR7 has more speed and need at least 2 or 3 players to stop him...

This is like Kobe and Le Bron play on the same team...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:54 pm
Only good thing about Soccer is it's rivalries and it's fanbase... as a sport it's somewhere between watching the game of cricket and watching 2 men in a pub playing a game of darts.

The only good soccer games i have seen is watching a team be a 2 or so points down and coming back to win.

But the Nil ALL Draw is pathetic... In life there can't be 2 winners, McCain and Obama both can't run the country.. Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johanasen both can't sleep with me (hang on wrong metaf-WHORE)

Anyways the penalty shootout which is only reserved for the playoffs or cup games can be exciting but the fans barely ever get to see it.. (i mean how fcked of a game is it when a team can draw, but miss out on the playoffs cause of a stupid "Away Goal Rule")

And the Theatrics... i dunno if you would call it skill, more like a tub of hair products and years and years of Drama school... all crying foul cause they fell over and hurt there toe... i mean come on, Stop shaving your legs and know that a bruise is all part of the game.

But like i said... i love some of the fans (cause they are passionate) and i love some of the rivalries
(Rangers vs Celtics) & (LA Galaxy & Colorado)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:59 pm
Sorry Bigs, the sport soccer and the country United States of America just don't fit in the same sentence. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:04 pm
Eh... I needed to get your attention somehow, Bigs, so... come to this thread, bro:

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=8285&start=15

8)

And stop reading right now. It's an order...

(see how subtle I am, XBay?. Think the englishman will notice we're trying to trick him?) :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:26 am
Haha, I see, I see...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm
So anyway.............with the World Cup coming up soon, I thought it would be prudent to bring back the ORIGINAL football/soccer thread to discuss it.
:wink: :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Sports Board