2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:11 pm
I'm surprised Chris Johnson was picked above Turner and DeAngelo. Nothing against him, but sharing the backfield with Lendale White hurts his fantasy value.

Not saying it was a bad pick, but it's a bit surprising that he went third.

And I'm with E-Man regarding the yahoo league site, Pawno. It'd be a nice idea to start it right now so people can use the rankings when it comes to drafting.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 am
Ok guys im gonna get right onto it.. will post details soon.

League ID: 79308
Password: oldaldavis

These are some of the stats i have changed...
(the number on the left is the new value, the number to the right is yahoo default value)

Sack 2 1
Interception 3 2

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6 0
Points Allowed 0 points 12 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 8 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 5 4

Pretty much it was a tweaking to make the game more exciting when it comes to having a great defense, but i doubt that it being 4 picks into the draft that it's gonna affect JOEL, XBAY, CRACKERS, OZBEANS and WILLIAM as it's unheard of taking a Defense this early on in the draft.
(If you have a problem boys who already drafted, just holla at yo boy and will have this open for discussion)

As for the Punt Return and Kick Return TD... well we had that statistic on last years Fantasy league so yeah we gonna roll with that too.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:46 am
TMC wrote:I'm surprised Chris Johnson was picked above Turner and DeAngelo. Nothing against him, but sharing the backfield with Lendale White hurts his fantasy value.

Hmm well i'm gonna throw the spanner into the works and say the Chris Johnson signing is prolly better then the D'Angelo Williams one. Maybe something your forgetting to account for is that both Tennesse and Carolina have emerging rookies.

Jonathon Stewart 800 yards and 10 TD last season i think hurts De'Angelo as the team looks to move to the youth and i definately think Stewart earned his stripes last season (he'll get way more carries)

As for Chris Johnson well he was a rookie too... if anything LeDale White should be phased out eventually and then will be looking at an emerging sophomore who might just take over the league in season 2 that will leave everyone gobsmacked only time will tell though eh!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:59 am
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
TMC wrote:I'm surprised Chris Johnson was picked above Turner and DeAngelo. Nothing against him, but sharing the backfield with Lendale White hurts his fantasy value.

Hmm well i'm gonna throw the spanner into the works and say the Chris Johnson signing is prolly better then the D'Angelo Williams one. Maybe something your forgetting to account for is that both Tennesse and Carolina have emerging rookies.

Jonathon Stewart 800 yards and 10 TD last season i think hurts De'Angelo as the team looks to move to the youth and i definately think Stewart earned his stripes last season (he'll get way more carries)

As for Chris Johnson well he was a rookie too... if anything LeDale White should be phased out eventually and then will be looking at an emerging sophomore who might just take over the league in season 2 that will leave everyone gobsmacked only time will tell though eh!!

Yeah, Carolina is pretty similar. The difference is that they discovered how effective DeAngelo is last year, and his carries improved with each game, in every aspect, including the end zone. Chris Johnson, on the other side, lost most of the end zone carries to Lendale White, thus limiting his number of TDs (and still ended with 10 TD or so).

I'm not saying it's a bad pick, just that DeAngelo is gonna be a top 3 RB, while Chris Johnson will be "just" a top 10 one.

btw, thanks for creating the league, bro.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:57 pm
hey hey hey...plz don't say bad things about my pick....

i might change my pick if u keep saying like that again...hehehehe... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:04 pm
hey pawno...i have problem to sign in to the league...are u sure that's the right name and password...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:38 pm
GSW United wrote:hey pawno...i have problem to sign in to the league...are u sure that's the right name and password...

Yep. I've already registered without any kind of trouble.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm
TMC wrote:
GSW United wrote:hey pawno...i have problem to sign in to the league...are u sure that's the right name and password...

Yep. I've already registered without any kind of trouble.

me too
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:47 pm
I will roll the dice on his health and select Steven Jackson
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:13 pm
bada wrote:I will roll the dice on his health and select Steven Jackson

I've stayed away from Steven Jackson since I grabbed him #2 overall two seasons ago. Seems like he always finds a way to disappoint, be it injuries, bad o-line play or whatever... Still, he's got it all to be a top fantasy pick, so I totally get the pick. Maybe this will be his year.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:19 pm
hmm...i'll go with

Matt Forte
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 pm
E-Man wrote:hmm...i'll go with

Matt Forte

Damn, that was the guy I wanted all the time at this point of the first round. Great pick, E-Man.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:00 am
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:hmm...i'll go with

Matt Forte

Damn, that was the guy I wanted all the time at this point of the first round. Great pick, E-Man.

thanx bro. yeah i actually thought he was gonna go 5th or 6th...then when i saw bada go with jackson i couldnt let him go any further.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 am
hey pawno...don't tell me u go for D-MAC on the 1st round,,,, :shock:

i will definitely support u 100%

with Lorenzo o'neal around he is the real beast....
Go for it pawno....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:48 am
GSW United wrote:hey pawno...don't tell me u go for D-MAC on the 1st round,,,, :shock:

i will definitely support u 100%

with Lorenzo o'neal around he is the real beast....
Go for it pawno....

No disrespect to DMac, but when he shares a backfield with Fargas, who can take his yardage away, and Bush, who can take his TD's away, I keep him as a back up only. Especially with so much other talent still left on the board.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum