KOBE'S NEW RAT FACE

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:35 pm
Is it just me, or does Kobe look like a rabid rat when he makes his face that's supposed to show his teammates and the cameras how intense he is? That guy is so superficial and self-conscious he makes me wanna puke!
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:26 pm
Yeah the scowl thing is kinda lame, seems like he enjoys the attention. Also his answers at the press conference were kinda corny... "2-0? Job done? I don't think so."

I mean I love watchin Kobe play, probably the best player in the league right now (at least for another couple years), but some of his actions just seem to pre-meditated, like it's planned. Never felt that way with the other greats.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:12 pm
I'm tired of Kobe, I'm tired of the lakers (not that I ever liked them to begin with). time to see the Warriors in the finals baby!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:48 am
His actions may be pre-meditated but at least it's clear that the guy has a fire for victory. I also noticed that LeBron gets a lot of praise around here...but IMO he is even more of an attention whore and it's apparent to me at least that Kobe has a desire to win that LeBron just doesn't posess at this point.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:03 pm
Tarantism wrote:His actions may be pre-meditated but at least it's clear that the guy has a fire for victory. I also noticed that LeBron gets a lot of praise around here...but IMO he is even more of an attention whore and it's apparent to me at least that Kobe has a desire to win that LeBron just doesn't posess at this point.

You'll get no argument from me. I think in the end, it may come out that LeBron is actually a bigger a-hole than Kobe ever thought about being! While I'm on a rant, what the f*#k is up with people who wear mouthguards then continually stick them out of their mouth the whole game (i.e. Lebron, Jameer Nelson)? I was watching game 1 of the Finals, and Nelson had his damn mouthguard hanging half out of his mouth DURING PLAYS! That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? If I was Stan Van gundy, I'd catch him dangling that out of his mouth during a timeout, grab it & chunk it into the 16th row!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:04 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
Tarantism wrote:His actions may be pre-meditated but at least it's clear that the guy has a fire for victory. I also noticed that LeBron gets a lot of praise around here...but IMO he is even more of an attention whore and it's apparent to me at least that Kobe has a desire to win that LeBron just doesn't posess at this point.

You'll get no argument from me. I think in the end, it may come out that LeBron is actually a bigger a-hole than Kobe ever thought about being! While I'm on a rant, what the f*#k is up with people who wear mouthguards then continually stick them out of their mouth the whole game (i.e. Lebron, Jameer Nelson)? I was watching game 1 of the Finals, and Nelson had his damn mouthguard hanging half out of his mouth DURING PLAYS! That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? If I was Stan Van gundy, I'd catch him dangling that out of his mouth during a timeout, grab it & chunk it into the 16th row!!!

Que Sienfeld voice: "and what's the deal with the prom sleeves that NBA players wear these days?"

No but seriously, they are really stupid. Do they even have a purpose?
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:49 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah the scowl thing is kinda lame, seems like he enjoys the attention. Also his answers at the press conference were kinda corny... "2-0? Job done? I don't think so."

I mean I love watchin Kobe play, probably the best player in the league right now (at least for another couple years), but some of his actions just seem to pre-meditated, like it's planned. Never felt that way with the other greats.

You bring up another whole vein of conversation with "for the next couple of years" comment on Kobe. Are we seeing with straight-from-high school players that they simply wear out after only actually being useful after the age they would've been college juniors? Examples KG, Kobe's knees and going back to Moses Malone and Chocolate Thunder, although who knows what those guys were putting into their bodies. These guys are barely in their 30's and they are breaking down like college-to-pro players don't till in their mid-late 30's. KG and Kobe are the earliest exaples of this. Saw somewhere yesterday that Kobe has to ice his knees 3 times daily! Don't blame them for getting paid, but does it even out when they could get a gig into their late 30's vs being completely washed up by 33? I'm biased because I used to like college b-ball and it's mostly watered down with average players and one-year wonders now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:02 am
Moving this to NBA Forum.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:54 pm
I think a visual aid is appropriate...
Rat face indeed! He just looks ridiculously stupid... What a giant Douche bag!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:29 pm
yeah. im not feeling that face he makes. it really draws attention to his messed up teeth and just looks funny. honestly the face is a joke.
also i heard a laker fan say he looks like an ant. lol this had me cracking up because i never thought about it but yeah he looks like he could have been on "ANTS" the movie. (that is when he isnt making the face...)
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:16 am
yea, i was starting to warm up to him until he started doing that actually...funny to know how others viewed it the same way i did

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:15 am
just in general i'm tired of all these super cocky atheletes. players need to revert to the days when they were considred gladiators, not "artists" or whatever. prime examples of primo players that show the attitude of real winners: Dwayne Wade and Brandon Roy.

When Wade stood up and said "Not in my house" when he made that half court three, that was epic. He didn't go running to his team, he went to the people that really mattered, the fans. Look at baby Davis when he hit his game winner. He shoved some little kid. Fatass needs to learn some manners. players just need to recognize who they play for.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:21 am
MC99 wrote:just in general i'm tired of all these super cocky atheletes. players need to revert to the days when they were considred gladiators, not "artists" or whatever. prime examples of primo players that show the attitude of real winners: Dwayne Wade and Brandon Roy.

When Wade stood up and said "Not in my house" when he made that half court three, that was epic. He didn't go running to his team, he went to the people that really mattered, the fans. Look at baby Davis when he hit his game winner. He shoved some little kid. Fatass needs to learn some manners. players just need to recognize who they play for.

That kid that Big Baby "shoved" was standing on the baseline, if he didnt shove him...he would have most likely barreled over him. Which one would have been worse? There are plenty of examples of dumbass player moves besides that one. How about Antoine Walkers shimmy??

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 am
"Always" Next wrote:
MC99 wrote:just in general i'm tired of all these super cocky atheletes. players need to revert to the days when they were considred gladiators, not "artists" or whatever. prime examples of primo players that show the attitude of real winners: Dwayne Wade and Brandon Roy.

That kid that Big Baby "shoved" was standing on the baseline, if he didnt shove him...he would have most likely barreled over him. Which one would have been worse? There are plenty of examples of dumbass player moves besides that one. How about Antoine Walkers shimmy??

True, but i'm just biased against Davis. He's overrated and thinks he's better than he is. Plus, that was the first one to come to mind.

And i think the reason the kid was on the sideline was cuz he was trying to give him a high five. Granted that he was on the other team, so i guess there's reasoning behind it.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:30 am
MC99 wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

True, but i'm just biased against Davis. He's overrated and thinks he's better than he is. Plus, that was the first one to come to mind.

And i think the reason the kid was on the sideline was cuz he was trying to give him a high five. Granted that he was on the other team, so i guess there's reasoning behind it.

why the hell does a fan think it's necessary to give a player a high five. He's not in the game no matter how close he sits.
Next

Return to NBA Forum