NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:58 pm
xbay wrote:The Magic are currently evaluating the status of Jameer Nelson. They said there is a possiblity he could be in uniform on Thursday. What you guys think of this?

I dont like the idea of Jameer trying to play in the finals. There is no way he is going to be fully healthy and without rust. He will need a lot more than 3 days of practice to get up to Finals speed. If he can do it, he is truly a stud...and I would love to see him come in and run little bitch D-fish ragged. I just hope if he does try to play, he doesnt f-up what the Magic have going for them right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:23 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:The Magic are currently evaluating the status of Jameer Nelson. They said there is a possiblity he could be in uniform on Thursday. What you guys think of this?

I dont like the idea of Jameer trying to play in the finals. There is no way he is going to be fully healthy and without rust. He will need a lot more than 3 days of practice to get up to Finals speed. If he can do it, he is truly a stud...and I would love to see him come in and run little bitch D-fish ragged. I just hope if he does try to play, he doesnt f-up what the Magic have going for them right now.

Well, he won't be up to speed, but can he be able to play a backup role to Rafer?. If he's able to give them 10 good minutes per game, that's something else they didn't have in previous rounds. I think it's worth trying, at least.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:40 am
Alston could be the deciding factor in this series, really making a name for himself. I see him having a fairly big series and being the difference. Not sure Gasol will play well against Dwight, just not strong enough, but you never know

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 am
migya wrote:Alston could be the deciding factor in this series, really making a name for himself. I see him having a fairly big series and being the difference. Not sure Gasol will play well against Dwight, just not strong enough, but you never know

Alston will do what he did against the Cavs: good at home, bad on the road.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:35 pm
Tarantism wrote:
migya wrote:Alston could be the deciding factor in this series, really making a name for himself. I see him having a fairly big series and being the difference. Not sure Gasol will play well against Dwight, just not strong enough, but you never know

Alston will do what he did against the Cavs: good at home, bad on the road.

Could be, still think he could be the difference. Lakers, in my opinion, have less firepower than Magic and unless Bynum shows up, Lakers will have to likely rely on Kobe a heck of alot to win

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:23 pm
I think the role players for the Magic will be the x-factor. In other words, the bench better show up or get shown up. Actually, the bench for both teams is crucial.

If others contribute not named Shannon Brown or Lamar Odom, the Lakers win. If the Magic perimeter players hit their shots, the Magic win.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:49 am
according to ESPn no Jameer tonight
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:27 pm
Im excited about the series. I wanted to see Cleveland advance, but Orlando really outplayed them in every aspect of the game. I hope the Magic can go in and take it to the Lakers tonight. Losing in their own building may throw off the Zen Master and Kobe.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 am
The Magic controlled the tempo in the second half, they just forgot to close it out. Only if Courtney Lee made that lay-up, though...

I think it's safe to say the Lakers will win this in 5 or 6. :banghead:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:08 am
xbay wrote:The Magic controlled the tempo in the second half, they just forgot to close it out. Only if Courtney Lee made that lay-up, though...

I think it's safe to say the Lakers will win this in 5 or 6. :banghead:

The Magic overachieved just by reaching the finals. They're not ready to be a title contender. I'd be surprised if they win more than one game, two max.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm
I might disagree, I think the Magic take the next 2 and lose in 6 or 7.
War Years

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:49 pm
War Years wrote:I might disagree, I think the Magic take the next 2 and lose in 6 or 7.

i'm not sure if they'll take the next 2, but i wouldn't be surprised if they took 2 of the next 3, since the next 3 are in orlando.

but for one bad bounce, the magic would now have home court advantage, and they easily could have won the game last night, staying pretty competitive all game.

i wouldn't write this team off yet. an uphill battle for sure, but this team seems to feed on the underdog status. but they'll need to win all 3 in orlando, since i can't see them winning 2 straight in LA.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 pm
Lakers match up too well with the Magic. Odom or Ariza can match up with Hedo and Lewis so there goes the mis-match. Gasol containing Howard. The Ex-Factor of course Kobe. Hate on that guy but that Mother-fucker is killing it during the playoffs. Magic lucky to even take it to game 6.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm
is anyone else finding this finals series a bit boring? I would have much rather seen Cavs v Nuggets...

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:02 am
Yesterday's game was close, made it a bit exciting, but overall, Lakers are just a better team, seem like they just toying with the Magic. Am pulling for the Magic but damn does not look good at all. Oh by the way Jameer Nelson should have sat out the rest of the playoffs, if it ain't broke don't fix it, Rafer and Anthony Johnson did there job in previous rounds.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum