2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:55 am
bada wrote:Being that with some things coming up I will not be able to check the board for days on end, perhaps it is best to replace me. If not, I ask that we create a separate thread where you make your pick and there are NO comments so that it can be more easily tracked.

You don't need to check the whole thread to see if it's your turn, Bada. If we do it the same way we do the bbal draft threads, we're gonna edit the thread title to put whose turn is it there, so with a quick glance at the fantasy forum you'll know who has to make the pick.

Also, we'll edit the first post of the thread to post the picks, so you don't have to go through the whole thread checking who has already been picked.

We've done that before in other drafts and works pretty well, Bada. The only problem might be if you're not able to check the board...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:02 pm
thanks for the warm reception....

the new position has had me running for the past 5 months ....

if in fact we are drafting in this thread.

for my first pick.............................

Adrian Peterson.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:48 pm
And so it begins... another season of dominance by yours truly. :mrgreen:

I'm gonna start editing the first post, as I posted above.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:23 pm
whoa... I did not even see that we were starting. It just turned JUNE!!! How about we start August 1st or something?
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:16 pm
Holy crap, did the draft order change? And wow, this is really early. But uh, now that Fred Taylor is gone, this kid should start producing bigger numbers.

Maurice Jones-Drew.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:26 pm
xbay wrote:Holy crap, did the draft order change? And wow, this is really early. But uh, now that Fred Taylor is gone, this kid should start producing bigger numbers.

Maurice Jones-Drew.

Yeah it is early to start and i did warn people in a few posts back about the risk associated with anyone you draft getting cut at later date... But say it's a prima donna wide receiver who gets cut there's a good chance he'll just end up on another squad<and will have a very deep FA list>.

(anyways it's fun to do in the offseason this early cause it's seriously like the most borningest time of the year for a football fan)

But hey xbay thats a solid pick taking Maurice Jones-Drew... Good to see your FF knowledge is sharp by leaving LT on the board, who certainly will have production on the downside (especially with Sproles in the pic)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:05 pm
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:(anyways it's fun to do in the offseason this early cause it's seriously like the most borningest time of the year for a football fan)

Seriously. There ain't much to talk at this point of the year, and most teams have their rosters already set.

The only downside might be injuries... but hey, that can happen at any given time.

p4wn06124ff171 wrote:But hey xbay thats a solid pick taking Maurice Jones-Drew... Good to see your FF knowledge is sharp by leaving LT on the board, who certainly will have production on the downside (especially with Sproles in the pic)

Well, I get the pick from two points of view. First, with Taylor gone, MJD becomes the feature back in Jacksonville. Also, he's one of the very best near the end zone, which is key.

But, with that said, I've got some durability doubts about him now that he'll have to carry the load for a full season.

Still, it was a pretty decent pick, bro.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:13 am
Durability is sure an issue, but I'll stick by him. I was actually debating between him and Michael Turner, but I get this feeling Turner won't repeat his numbers again.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:17 am
xbay wrote:Durability is sure an issue, but I'll stick by him. I was actually debating between him and Michael Turner, but I get this feeling Turner won't repeat his numbers again.

Yeah and especially with Tony G in the house now.

I can see that Atlanta O moving from the Run to being a predominately passing game (allthough having Tony G at TE will certainly help Turner become a more productive RB)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:07 am
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
xbay wrote:Durability is sure an issue, but I'll stick by him. I was actually debating between him and Michael Turner, but I get this feeling Turner won't repeat his numbers again.

Yeah and especially with Tony G in the house now.

I can see that Atlanta O moving from the Run to being a predominately passing game (allthough having Tony G at TE will certainly help Turner become a more productive RB)

I wouldn't worry about them becoming more of a passing game. Ryan is a good QB and will keep improving from his rookie year, but they're predominantly a running team, because their o-linemen do a much better job in run protection than passing downs. Oh, and their D can be labeled as unproven, with lots of young guys and only a couple (Abraham and Mike Peterson) or reliable vets. The running not only allows them to gain yards, but also control the clock and keep the opposing offense out of the field.

What I would worry about is that they don't want him to carry the same load he had to last season. Apparently, they'll try to get Jerious Norwood more involved in the running game, and share more carries between both of them. If that happens, Turner's numbers won't be the same, but he'll be more fresh for the games that really matter. It's a win-win situation for the Falcons.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:03 am
holy sh*t. i didnt know the draft started and definitely didnt know the order was switched. Is the league even set up on yahoo yet?! i thought we'd wait til at least the start of july to start.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:06 pm
hey guys as you know Crackerz is in Spain and does not have access to the boards... he can view the thread but just not post in it (needs his password) anyways his being doing correspondance through me so with the 3rd pick

MR CRACKERS SELECTS

Chris Johnson, RB Titans

I´ll go with Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans...

i was thinking about LT, in hope he would improve, but its too risky (i hate the chargers, but i like LT). I also thought about Jackson of ST. L, but again, risky

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:33 pm
I'm gonna go with Michael Turner.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:23 pm
Wuihhh...hard to make a pick...but i will go with players like my name...

Michael 'DeAngelo Williams' Carolina Panthers RB...Go william

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:09 pm
i got a question...

is there already a yahoo league set up that we should log into? if not can we get one set up asap? that way while we are drafting, we at least will have the rankings and see if anyone gets injured or what not. i know that's part of the fun of drafting early and offline, but it could change the whole outcome of who is drafted in the 3rd round compared to the 10th (maybe an exaggeration, but still...).

Just a suggestion...if the answer is no, then it's all good...just remember football is not my number 1 sport when i beat all of you! :wink: ...hell it's not even my number 2
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum