2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:13 pm
JOEL wrote:im thinking we get you to stop by jackattacks home prior to drafting and see what kind of funky physcodelic picks you come up with this year

Hey we both on the end of a snake draft brother.. you got heads, i got tails.

probably translate you get the icing on the cake and i go for the crumbs that get cut... all good though... 2 less Raiders players yall got to worry about

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:15 pm
the first pick of the draft is oakland raiders jeff garcia.....not
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:21 pm
heheh lol... Everyone knows your gonna take Adrian Peterson!!! (Draft starts on Monday- But you can start it early)

Might as well just come out and say it..

oh but before you go any further.. im proposing that we can trade draft picks so if anyone wants to move up and or down then it's a possibility

so say your seated in the 2nd round and you wanted to trade your 2nd round pick with a colleague and get a 3rd and a 4th pick.. then go ahead and negotiate. seen it's a offline draft we got all the time in the world... obviously the rule to govern this that would be both participants in the draft must post agreeing to the trade and i'll keep the movement of picks updated on the opening thread. Any thoughts about that? speak up now or forever hold your Peace?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:25 pm
so i didnt scroll back ...what is the code to enter the league..its yahoo correct?
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:28 pm
JOEL wrote:so i didnt scroll back ...what is the code to enter the league..its yahoo correct?

yeah man it'll be a yahoo league this year. but we are doing a offline draft (meaning all picks get posted into this thread)

so go ahead and tell us who you take
(all data will be entered in at a later date)

and then i'll send you a text message when it's your next turn to draft (could be a couple of days)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:30 pm
and the good thing about it being a offline draft you can work on your post whoring again...

lot of folks miss ya trolling the boards. we can understand you holding down 2 jobs (1 is business and 1 is pleasure aka male street worker)

But you can make time for your gsw family now and then... comprehend?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:39 pm
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:and the good thing about it being a offline draft you can work on your post whoring again...

lot of folks miss ya trolling the boards. we can understand you holding down 2 jobs (1 is business and 1 is pleasure aka male street worker)

yeah that me jtroll ....two jobs plus side jobs...tuff times for sales guys right now.

their was a day when i could hit 80 hours a week full pay and 15 of those hours were spent at the englander....but yeah at least the boat is floating...

for my first pick im going with Kerry Collins
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:41 pm
JOEL wrote:
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:and the good thing about it being a offline draft you can work on your post whoring again...

yeah that me jtroll ....two jobs plus side jobs...tuff times for sales guys right now.

their was a day when i could hit 80 hours a week full pay and 15 of those hours were spent at the englander....but yeah at least the boat is floating...

for my first pick im going with Kerry Collins

Come on man... no way im locking in kerry collins... speak the truth and just say ALL DAY!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:44 pm
i will post first pick monday morning 5:48 pacific time
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:46 pm
JOEL wrote:i will post first pick monday morning 5:48 pacific time

Ok word!!!

Gives you time to think... But my moneys on you taking ALL DAY (No pun intended) so everyone check back the following day on Tuesday 5:48am pacific time. lol!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 pm
JOEL!!!!!!! How the f are you man! Great to see you post again.

Pawno, why are we doing a draft on this board and online? I seriously dont have the patience for a thread draft.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:47 am
bada wrote:JOEL!!!!!!! How the f are you man! Great to see you post again.

Pawno, why are we doing a draft on this board and online? I seriously dont have the patience for a thread draft.

The drafts offline dude.. meaning will be doing a thread draft and our picks will be entered into yahoo once the draft has been completed.

i understand that it's not the conventional way to sit down and do a straight up draft, but anyone who was involved with the head to head basketball fantasy league (xbay,tmc,aussiebeans,Mr Crackerz & GSW united) will confirm it's a pretty fun way to draft.

Plus by doing it offline makes it easier for people who live in different timezones of the world (TMC,Crackerz,Me and AussieB) to have the opportunity to build a quality squad and not have some stupid auto drafting on.

All i can say bada is please have patience.. you'll enjoy beating my ass once you have built that dynasty :-)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 am
Jackattack wrote:some cryptic instructions, but I managed to figure out what pawno wanted...

here are the names as generated by the randomizer....

1. JOEL
2. XBay
3. Mr Crackerz
4. Aussiebiedrins
5. GSW
6. Bada
7. E-Man
8. "Always" Next
9. TMC
10. Pawnograffiti

You were supposed to randomize the order, buddy... not just turn pawno's order upside down. :mrgreen:

And I'm glad to see you around once again, JOEL. We've missed you a lot during these last months.

Also, Bada, I'm with Pawno regarding the thread draft. I surely wouldn't be able to make it to an online draft and would end up with an auto-drafted team. Not that I wouldn't play with it, but I prefer to be able to get my own guys.

Also, this is a pretty fun way to do it, and it works perfectly for our bball leagues every year. It's time consuming, yeah, but it's only a few minutes when your turn it's coming, so it shouldn't be too much of a burden.

What I'm not so sure about is about that idea of trading picks, pawno... I mean, everybody has to end up with the same number of players, so it would require some serious adjustments for those that get the extra picks (the ones losing them can get free agents after the draft) to make it work.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:55 am
TMC wrote:
What I'm not so sure about is about that idea of trading picks, pawno... I mean, everybody has to end up with the same number of players, so it would require some serious adjustments for those that get the extra picks (the ones losing them can get free agents after the draft) to make it work.

Ok thats fine mate.. will scrap the trading of picks... it doesn't really matter about people getting the same amount of picks because once the draft is finish if a person who trades away 1 pick for 2 can just go to the FA pool and pick up his 2nd option (and the person who gets multiple picks would just forfeit there later round pick anyways)

. but never mind because it would have been more of a burden for me... lol... i was just out there to create me the best and funnest league possible. .. im the peoples commissioner, all about the laughs all about the love.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:21 am
TMC wrote:Also, Bada, I'm with Pawno regarding the thread draft. I surely wouldn't be able to make it to an online draft and would end up with an auto-drafted team. Not that I wouldn't play with it, but I prefer to be able to get my own guys.

Also, this is a pretty fun way to do it, and it works perfectly for our bball leagues every year. It's time consuming, yeah, but it's only a few minutes when your turn it's coming, so it shouldn't be too much of a burden.

Ugh... yes, making your pick is not the problem. it is the fact that you have to continually check the thread to see if it is your turn and who has picked before you. Then most times there will be comments between the picks so you are wading through pages of stuff to find what you need. I did it once... I repeat... ONCE... it was miserable.

Being that with some things coming up I will not be able to check the board for days on end, perhaps it is best to replace me. If not, I ask that we create a separate thread where you make your pick and there are NO comments so that it can be more easily tracked.

Return to Fantasy League Forum