Big's (By Himself) and Jenny's (With TMC) Tour Of Las Palmas

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57 am
(Sorry Pawno, had to change to title for poops and giggles purposes :mrgreen:)
IM COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!

This is the "news" I was talking about in the random babble thread (sorry to disapoint you TMC :wink:)...............I have finally arranged and booked my trip home for the 31st October this year, for 2 weeks.

Ill be staying up in my usual place, the beautiful hostel up in Fort Mason, I shall be bringing my lady with me (which is funny, cuz she has always been abit pampered, so the "hostel life" will be abit of a shock to her I think) and I plan on just chilling and generally enjoying my spiritual home.

I will be catching atleast 3 games, depending on the money and tickets available.

I was also thinking, as its your board MVP and Fan of The Year (:wink:) who is travelling all those 1000's of miles............that we might try and organise the first ever board get together! perhaps a general meet and dinner or even watch a game together in a sports bar somewhere.

So, let me know what you guys think, whether youd be interested in meeting your big bad old bigs and any ideas you might have for the possible big meet up............there are people I will definately be wanting to see, and they know who they are.

See ya soon!
Last edited by bigstrads on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 am, edited 12 times in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 am
bigstrads wrote:.
IM COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!

This is the "news" I was talking about in the random babble thread (sorry to disapoint you TMC :wink:)...............I have finally arranged and booked my trip home for the 31st October this year, for 2 weeks.

Ill be staying up in my usual place, the beautiful hostel up in Fort Mason, I shall be bringing my lady with me (which is funny, cuz she has always been abit pampered, so the "hostel life" will be abit of a shock to her I think) and I plan on just chilling and generally enjoying my spiritual home.

I will be catching atleast 3 games, depending on the money and tickets available.

I was also thinking, as its your board MVP and Fan of The Year (:wink:) who is travelling all those 1000's of miles............that we might try and organise the first ever board get together! perhaps a general meet and dinner or even watch a game together in a sports bar somewhere.

So, let me know what you guys think, whether youd be interested in meeting your big bad old bigs and any ideas you might have for the possible big meet up............there are people I will definately be wanting to see, and they know who they are.

See ya soon!

I'm in, come check out San Jose with me bud
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:51 am
Sweet! definitely have to watch a game Mission style.

Bigs is coming to give Nelson an earfull! :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:52 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I'm in, come check out San Jose with me bud

Thats do-able bro, we were considering hiring a car...........but all depends on money and stuff (although theres a condition, my lady has just said that she will have to sing "Do you know the way to San Jose" the whole time we are there............ok?)

Do you get up to San Fran much man? c'mon, if Im travelling 3000 miles, you can go a 100 or whatever right? :wink:

Jackattack wrote:Sweet! definitely have to watch a game Mission style.

Sounds good man, what bars are good for it? (I might remember a few)............Im looking forward to meeting you Jack, have to have a little "chill" time with you and a little of the old green huh? :wink:

Also, yeah.............Ill tell you guys the truth, this isnt actually a holiday for me (dont tell the missus)...........its actually a carefully orchestrated plan for me to get anywhere within 100 yards of Nelson, hopefully with at the very most some light wind, a 50.cal Barrett M82 sniper rifle and blow that evil fat f*cks head off. :evil: :evil: :evil:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:58 pm
Awesome Bigs! I'm all about a board get together if everyone else is down! I'll make sure to be home at some point during those two weeks!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 pm
Whenever you're free, bro, hit me up a day.

And you know what would be legit is if we all hit a game this year together.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Awesome Bigs! Let me know the dates and I will make sure I'm up there at the same time.

I'm all about a board get together if everyone else is down!

Good stuff, its the 31st of October for 2 weeks.

The board meeting should have happend already but I just thought as Im coming all the way over for my boys and people, it might inspire others to pull their fingers out and make an effort you know. :wink:

What would make it perfect, is if we could get TMC to not be such a dedicated public servant, take some well earned and deserved time off from his stressful job............and join us all!!!

Also, anyone spoke/heard from JOEL lately??? he hasnt been around at all for awhile..........hope hes ok.

xbay wrote:Whenever you're free, bro, hit me up a day.

Will do my man, we arent going to have a schedule or anything so we will be free to go as the wind takes us much of the time...........so definately bud.

The game thing would be pretty damned awesome, and ideal aswell...........how could we organise it do you guys think?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm
I'm thinking of everyone picking deciding on a game where everyone can show, and we meet up in a specific spot in the parking lot. Oh, and we gotta get seats next to each other too.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:20 pm
xbay wrote:I'm thinking of everyone picking deciding on a game where everyone can show, and we meet up in a specific spot in the parking lot. Oh, and we gotta get seats next to each other too.

Yeah, the seats together has to happen..........might be tough if season ticket holders are involved (if theres any left here?) but should be pretty do-able.

We could meet some place, watch the game and then go to the Englander (in my honour of course :wink:) to drown our sorrows. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:42 pm
NICE!!!! Bigs coming to the bay!!!!

You know I am down for a get together!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm
Awesome, Bigs!!!. It's really a great chance to meet everybody and spend some... ehhhh, quality time by the bay.:wink:

bigstrads wrote:Good stuff, its the 31st of October for 2 weeks.

The board meeting should have happend already but I just thought as Im coming all the way over for my boys and people, it might inspire others to pull their fingers out and make an effort you know. :wink:

Yeah, we've had a few mini-meetings, but never a true board meeting, and I'm sure most of the regulars (the vets, at least) would go to such an event.

It's just a shame some of us won't be able to join you, because I've LOVE to meet you all, guys.

bigstrads wrote:What would make it perfect, is if we could get TMC to not be such a dedicated public servant, take some well earned and deserved time off from his stressful job............and join us all!!!

Hey, I'm not THAT dedicated. It's just that I don't have enough days this year to make that kind of trip... oh, and it ain't exactly cheap. But even if I can't this year, you can be sure I'll do whatever I can to attend a future meeting.

Oh, and don't forget you're gonna have to post a ton of pics, bro. We can even keep this thread around for you to post them once you get back home.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:16 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Awesome Bigs! Let me know the dates and I will make sure I'm up there at the same time.

I'm all about a board get together if everyone else is down!

Good stuff, its the 31st of October for 2 weeks.

What would make it perfect, is if we could get TMC to not be such a dedicated public servant, take some well earned and deserved time off from his stressful job............and join us all!!!

Also, anyone spoke/heard from JOEL lately??? he hasnt been around at all for awhile..........hope hes ok.

xbay wrote:Whenever you're free, bro, hit me up a day.

Will do my man, we arent going to have a schedule or anything so we will be free to go as the wind takes us much of the time...........so definately bud.

The game thing would be pretty damned awesome, and ideal aswell...........how could we organise it do you guys think?

I haven't heard from Joel recently, but I'll send him a text tonight to make sure he's alright. I know he's been really really busy ever since he switched jobs about 9 or 10 months ago, so it might just be that. I'll check.

Let's pick a game to go to or a night to get together and watch an away game once the schedule comes out (preferably a weekend if we can arrange it) and I will do my best to be up there! Woohoo!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:51 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:I'm in, come check out San Jose with me bud

Thats do-able bro, we were considering hiring a car...........but all depends on money and stuff (although theres a condition, my lady has just said that she will have to sing "Do you know the way to San Jose" the whole time we are there............ok?)

Do you get up to San Fran much man? c'mon, if Im travelling 3000 miles, you can go a 100 or whatever right? :wink:

Jackattack wrote:Sweet! definitely have to watch a game Mission style.

Sounds good man, what bars are good for it? (I might remember a few)............Im looking forward to meeting you Jack, have to have a little "chill" time with you and a little of the old green huh? :wink:

Also, yeah.............Ill tell you guys the truth, this isnt actually a holiday for me (dont tell the missus)...........its actually a carefully orchestrated plan for me to get anywhere within 100 yards of Nelson, hopefully with at the very most some light wind, a 50.cal Barrett M82 sniper rifle and blow that evil fat f*cks head off. :evil: :evil: :evil:

you had me at "chill" :wink: lol and man do I need to, been working my arse off lately...

I usually go to Pops, two blocks from my house. It's a dive bar, two tv's, drink specials, a pool table, illshaven harmless tattooed types. We don't really have sports bars per se in the mission.. maybe the Napper Tandy (irish pub)

careful what you say on a public forum, even though I know you are just joking. An earful of "PISS OFF NELSON!!" will suffice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 am
bada wrote:NICE!!!! Bigs coming to the bay!!!!

You know I am down for a get together!

You better be there my brother!!!

Even if your not around, I wont be happy if I dont get a big bro hug from my big bro bada! :wink:

TMC wrote:Oh, and don't forget you're gonna have to post a ton of pics, bro. We can even keep this thread around for you to post them once you get back home.

Man, dont worry about that, my lady is wanting to be snappy happy and she has already bought a 2nd huge memory card for our camera!

Captain_Jack wrote:I haven't heard from Joel recently, but I'll send him a text tonight to make sure he's alright. I know he's been really really busy ever since he switched jobs about 9 or 10 months ago, so it might just be that. I'll check.

Let's pick a game to go to or a night to get together and watch an away game once the schedule comes out (preferably a weekend if we can arrange it) and I will do my best to be up there! Woohoo!

Cool Cap, let us know how JOEL is when you get a reply from him.

The game, yeah, when we get the schedule we will have to all arrange which games Im there for and which ones people can make it too...........with the tickets together of course.

Jackattack wrote:you had me at "chill" :wink: lol and man do I need to, been working my arse off lately...

I usually go to Pops, two blocks from my house. It's a dive bar, two tv's, drink specials, a pool table, illshaven harmless tattooed types. We don't really have sports bars per se in the mission.. maybe the Napper Tandy (irish pub)

careful what you say on a public forum, even though I know you are just joking. An earful of "PISS OFF NELSON!!" will suffice...

Cool cool, sounds good man...........it shall be done. :wink:

As far as Nelson is concerned..............I dont mind saying it publically.............because I WANT him to know that death is coming for him! and its coming for him bad!!! :evil: :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 pm
Here's the thing that I've learned about the camera. No matter how much memory you have on it, if you don't upload it every now and then, your f*cked for a day. :wink:
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum