Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:27 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I like halo 3... i dont play video games (well im picky), but Halo 3 is fun. I use to have halo 1 and 2, and me and me three buddies would always play either 2 vs. 2 or free for all against each other every friday afternoon for like 5 hours...AHHHH THE MEMORIES... now that all 4 of us live so far away from each other, and they all had halo 3 but me as i was the lone wolf not to have halo... AND NOW I DO (well its not mine, its my bro's but im borrowin it). SO stoked!!!

Thought i'd share that wonderful story with u guys

My favorite out of the three, and always will be my favorite is Halo 2. I have TONS of memories from that game. Made so many friends, created so many enemies, talked a lot of crap, kicked ass, got my ass kicked, faced a modder. Halo 2 was the first online game I played when I got the first Xbox for Christmas. Ah, man... the times.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:34 pm
Does Video Games include computer games? :3
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:15 pm
of course they count, i just doubt you'll find members from the board to play with on PC, but go ahead and post about PC games

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:22 pm
Do you guys play WoW?

Or Counter-Strike?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:55 am
Hey Xbay, i saw you playing that fight night demo. How'd you like it? I thought it was pretty smooth but the punches didn't have enough snap to them. UFC has better impact and sound effects, but i also heard that the actual game has better sound then the demo. It's pretty fun, and it seems like it rewards you for trying to box realistically rather than just stand in the middle of the ring and constantly throw punches.

By the way, I retired my first UFC fighter over the weekend. He's a heavyweight. My overall is only 66 but i have 100 strength and 88 standing striking offense. I've been doing decent online. I'm 9-9, but started out 5-0. Everybody that doesn't use a created fighter seems to just use Brock Lesnar. This game is really fun though, started a new career as a middleweight, Kickboxer/Judo, should be fun.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:33 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Hey Xbay, i saw you playing that fight night demo. How'd you like it? I thought it was pretty smooth but the punches didn't have enough snap to them. UFC has better impact and sound effects, but i also heard that the actual game has better sound then the demo. It's pretty fun, and it seems like it rewards you for trying to box realistically rather than just stand in the middle of the ring and constantly throw punches.

By the way, I retired my first UFC fighter over the weekend. He's a heavyweight. My overall is only 66 but i have 100 strength and 88 standing striking offense. I've been doing decent online. I'm 9-9, but started out 5-0. Everybody that doesn't use a created fighter seems to just use Brock Lesnar. This game is really fun though, started a new career as a middleweight, Kickboxer/Judo, should be fun.

It was alright. Ditto to what you said, basically. But then again, it is just a demo. I still think it'll be a great game.

I haven't played in a few days. But I should be on more this week.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:36 am
VIP2620 wrote:Do you guys play WoW?

Or Counter-Strike?

Never played WoW, but really want to. Is it as good as many have said?

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:08 am
migya wrote:

Or Counter-Strike?

well that guy is banned again i believe, but i've heard so many stories about people getting addicting, it's like an alternate life, and can take over your life. I'd stay away! lol I guess that means its a damn good game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:12 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
migya wrote:

Or Counter-Strike?

well that guy is banned again i believe, but i've heard so many stories about people getting addicting, it's like an alternate life, and can take over your life. I'd stay away! lol I guess that means its a damn good game.

My friend plays Warcraft, which is similar to WoW, but different. He's addicted to it, and whenever I sleep over his house, he's usually playing it 'til like 4 in the morning. I've seen it, and I don't understand how it works at all. I mean, Halo Wars is extremely simple to play. But Warcraft, I see my friend clicking all these things and have no clue what it's suppose to do.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 pm
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
migya wrote:

Or Counter-Strike?

My friend plays Warcraft, which is similar to WoW, but different. He's addicted to it, and whenever I sleep over his house, he's usually playing it 'til like 4 in the morning. I've seen it, and I don't understand how it works at all. I mean, Halo Wars is extremely simple to play. But Warcraft, I see my friend clicking all these things and have no clue what it's suppose to do.

yeah a buddy of mine that plays NHL with me says he has a friend that he tries to go hang out with but will tell him no cuz he has a raid that night. Crazy stuff
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:43 pm
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
migya wrote:

Or Counter-Strike?

I used to play Warcraft 2 alot some 8 years ago, but never played warcraft 3 and just as well, as I go hard until I finish it, so I wouldn't sleep much for a few weeks

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 am
Okay, so I retired my fighter tonight. Well actually, I didn't, the UFC athletic staff wouldn't clear me once my contract ended even though Dana White wanted me to stay. But I ended my career 30-5, 27 KOs. I made the HoF as well. Also, I was on an unstoppable win streak as champion, 'til Rashad KO'd me. But I rebounded by taking out Machida and getting back at Sugar. Then I ended my career against Wanderlei Silva.

Oh, and my overall is 89.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:32 am
xbay wrote:Okay, so I retired my fighter tonight. Well actually, I didn't, the UFC athletic staff wouldn't clear me once my contract ended even though Dana White wanted me to stay. But I ended my career 30-5, 27 KOs. I made the HoF as well. Also, I was on an unstoppable win streak as champion, 'til Rashad KO'd me. But I rebounded by taking out Machida and getting back at Sugar. Then I ended my career against Wanderlei Silva.

Oh, and my overall is 89.

it's on Xbay!
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:53 am
my xbox is a piece of s h i t! I sent it in for the red ring of death in March and since I got it back, it has been freezing every once in a while. I only play the thing about an hour a week, so I dont get why it would be acting up so much. last time I tried to play a game, it not only froze, but it etched a ring in the disk.

has this kinda stuff happened to anybody else?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:01 am
"Always" Next wrote:my xbox is a piece of s h i t! I sent it in for the red ring of death in March and since I got it back, it has been freezing every once in a while. I only play the thing about an hour a week, so I dont get why it would be acting up so much. last time I tried to play a game, it not only froze, but it etched a ring in the disk.

has this kinda stuff happened to anybody else?

I had the whole freezing constantly and it scratching discs man.............and that was with me playing it all the time, so no difference in how much you play it.

I never had the red rings, and because it wasnt that and it was out of warranty (by 2 weeks when it started to happen! :evil: ) I ended up having to suck it and buy a new one.

So thats my Xbox horror story, sorry its not rosey bud.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum