THE POINT GUARD HUNT

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:14 am
I just wanted to know what you all thought about sessions.
I think he could be a very good pick up for our team to play point. what we would give up for him, im not sure but i am sure we have something the bucks would go for.

other options are bayless from portland (im unsure who they would want though) and maybe even augustin or conley. these are just young guys who have potential (especially sessions) who i think may be obtainable especially with the guys we have to give.

my point is that there are good young points that may be obtainable. so (not considering the draft) who do you think would be a good fit and wise to go after (i like sessions!), and who do you think we would need to give up to get him.

i think sessions and maybe throw in andrew bogut's big deal to get guys like crawford out there. what do ya'll think?
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:26 am
beatman wrote:I just wanted to know what you all thought about sessions.
I think he could be a very good pick up for our team to play point. what we would give up for him, im not sure but i am sure we have something the bucks would go for.

other options are bayless from portland (im unsure who they would want though) and maybe even augustin or conley. these are just young guys who have potential (especially sessions) who i think may be obtainable especially with the guys we have to give.

my point is that there are good young points that may be obtainable. so (not considering the draft) who do you think would be a good fit and wise to go after (i like sessions!), and who do you think we would need to give up to get him.

i think sessions and maybe throw in andrew bogut's big deal to get guys like crawford out there. what do ya'll think?

Sessions may be available in Free Agency. The Bucks may be going for financial flexibility and not re-sign Ramon or Charlie V this off season. If a trade is the route, it would depend on what kind of deal he would get as part of a sign and trade. I would be all for getting him to run point.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:09 pm
Welcome, Beatman.
In the absense of unloading a couple of big contracts, ( preferably Crawford and Maggette ) and landing free agents, Andre Miller or Steve Nash ( good luck, but with Nash, not impossible ). I think Sessions is my favorite young PG prospect. The Bucks have a choice on whether to keep him or Ridnour. I say, if they pass, we pounce.

I also like PG free agent Raymond Felton, an average defender with more of a Baron build, weak at finishing or shooting the 3, but a decent passer whose good at midrange.
War Years
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:41 pm
War Years wrote:Welcome, Beatman.
In the absense of unloading a couple of big contracts, ( preferably Crawford and Maggette ) and landing free agents, Andre Miller or Steve Nash ( good luck, but with Nash, not impossible ). I think Sessions is my favorite young PG prospect. The Bucks have a choice on whether to keep him or Ridnour. I say, if they pass, we pounce.

I also like PG free agent Raymond Felton, an average defender with more of a Baron build, weak at finishing or shooting the 3, but a decent passer whose good at midrange.

the more I look at felton, the more I say, what does he have that Lawson doesn't (or won't gain in a year or too)? I'd like to hear how people separate these two (really, I'm not being sarcastic).

Ridinour... just doesn't have enough of that umph to get the OK by me. If we pick him up next year, I will definetly feel like the warriors are just looking to pick up the sloppy seconds no other teams bother to even look at.

other mediocre point guards I wouldn't fancy - Bibby, Starbury, anthony carter, tinsley, Telfair, Beno, Jarret Jack

ones I'm on the fence about: Foye(for his size and defense), Sessions, Blake, & Felton assuming someone convinces me we wouldn't get the same in lawson.

for sure: Harris, Miller, Kidd, Nash, or Hinrich. this is assuming we could get these people in the first place.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:58 am
first off wrote:

the more I look at felton, the more I say, what does he have that Lawson doesn't (or won't gain in a year or too)? I'd like to hear how people separate these two (really, I'm not being sarcastic).

Ridinour... just doesn't have enough of that umph to get the OK by me. If we pick him up next year, I will definetly feel like the warriors are just looking to pick up the sloppy seconds no other teams bother to even look at.

other mediocre point guards I wouldn't fancy - Bibby, Starbury, anthony carter, tinsley, Telfair, Beno, Jarret Jack

ones I'm on the fence about: Foye(for his size and defense), Sessions, Blake, & Felton assuming someone convinces me we wouldn't get the same in lawson.

for sure: Harris, Miller, Kidd, Nash, or Hinrich. this is assuming we could get these people in the first place.

I just think Felton hasn't come close to what he can do and should do so over the next two years. Felton has Baron qualities, especially distributing. He could come cheap as well, no more than 5 million a year, who knows

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:35 pm
first off wrote:

about 5 inches in height
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 pm
E-Man wrote:
first off wrote:

about 5 inches in height

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/youtube]

lawson 6' 195lbs
Felton 6'1" (maybe) 198lbs
- standing next to ellis, felton def looks about 3" shorter

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:24 pm
first off wrote:
E-Man wrote:
first off wrote:

about 5 inches in height

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/youtube]

lawson 6' 195lbs
Felton 6'1" (maybe) 198lbs
- standing next to ellis, felton def looks about 3" shorter

he is listed at 6'1" but is actually about 6'3" (like jason terry who is listed at 6'2" but is actually like 6'4") . Lawson is listed at 6' but is actually 5'11" (just like iverson).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:34 pm
What about Jason Terry? I realize that he is far from ideal but he can still play and we will not need to give up that much for him probably. Plus he fits the Nelly ideal: bad defense and good outside shooting. I am not sure how good of a pure PG type he is however.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:59 pm
i thought i read somewhere somebody mentioned going after rafer alston, and i like that idea, with the stipulation that it means moving ellis. I agree that with the way alston has played, he's a starter and the magic will have to make a choice between alston and jameer, and given the fact that jameer is the all star, i'll bet they'd be willing to part with rafer. alston is a great playmaker, and would probably flourish with nelly's system.

ellis/alston has the same size issues as ellis/crawford, so either draft a bigger SG like evans or derozan to play with alston, or get one through trade or FA. SG is one of the easiest spots to fill, and the dubs already have pieces they could use here (kelenna and morrow).

with ellis as bait, we might be able to at least talk to other GM's about someone like Bosh, Amare, or Boozer. Or maybe a sign and trade for Marion with Miami, since he's a FA this summer. Or rumors are that Dallas is willing to trade Josh Howard for the 5th pick, so maybe work out some sort of ellis for howard deal. or ellis to memphis for the rubio pick. lots of options.

as much as i like monta, he might be the best trade chip we've got, at least that i'd be willing to part with (no on all randolph offers).
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm
Tarantism wrote:What about Jason Terry? I realize that he is far from ideal but he can still play and we will not need to give up that much for him probably. Plus he fits the Nelly ideal: bad defense and good outside shooting. I am not sure how good of a pure PG type he is however.

you can see why no one likes the guy here... http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=7433

and E-Man, explain why anyone (or any organization) would list themselves shorter than they possibly could? what is the advantage to saying Terry is 2" shorter than he really is? I'm a hair over 6' and they used to announce me as 6'1 or 6'2 in high school.

I mean, I'm not saying that the heights in the NBA are accurate, just that they are all adjusted in the same fashion. up.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 pm
"I mean, I'm not saying that the heights in the NBA are accurate, just that they are all adjusted in the same fashion. up."

First off, thanks for the link. But this statement is not nessesarily true, lots of bigmen are known for listing themselves as shorter than they actually are. KG lists himself as 6-10/6-11 because he didn't want to play center. He is actually easily 7 foot. Lamar Odom is similar.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:31 pm
Tarantism wrote:What about Jason Terry? I realize that he is far from ideal but he can still play and we will not need to give up that much for him probably. Plus he fits the Nelly ideal: bad defense and good outside shooting. I am not sure how good of a pure PG type he is however.

misconception. people always say nelly's style is good shooting and bad defense. when the reality is nelly's style is mismatches.

the rumor that had us getting AK47, for example, was to give us a lot of size, length, and defense in our starting lineup...and was supposedly a nelly proposal. it was meant to have a starting lineup of:

Monta (who would be the worst defender of the lineup)
Jackson
AK47
Randolph
Biedrins

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:30 pm
E-Man wrote:

misconception. people always say nelly's style is good shooting and bad defense. when the reality is nelly's style is mismatches.

the rumor that had us getting AK47, for example, was to give us a lot of size, length, and defense in our starting lineup...and was supposedly a nelly proposal. it was meant to have a starting lineup of:

Monta (who would be the worst defender of the lineup)
Jackson
AK47
Randolph
Biedrins

I like the look of that trade if AK-47 is healthy and ready to play. I assume we would be giving the Maggette?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 pm
first off wrote:and E-Man, explain why anyone (or any organization) would list themselves shorter than they possibly could? what is the advantage to saying Terry is 2" shorter than he really is? I'm a hair over 6' and they used to announce me as 6'1 or 6'2 in high school.

I mean, I'm not saying that the heights in the NBA are accurate, just that they are all adjusted in the same fashion. up.

sorry bro...didnt mean to dodge the question...just didnt see it earlier. but to answer it...KG is about 7' or 7'1"...and same with tim duncan...yet both are listed as 6'11" or 6'10" depending on where you look. why? to avoid being called a center. for terry, it might be because he wanted to avoid being called a shooting guard earlier in his career...but now there is the term "combo guard" which so many people fall into now. Felton could probably just be distinguishing the fact that he is a PG and not a combo guard like some made him out to be before his draft.

Next

Return to Trades