2009 GStW.com Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:20 pm
Okay, so I wanted to spread things out this time instead of reviving the old thread. Same scoring system as last year. Also, would you guys like for me to turn off the can't cut list? Anyways, here's the positions...

1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
1 Flex
1 K
1 DEF or 3-5 D players

That's about 15 or 16 rounds, I think. The only addition is the flex option, which is where you can start either a WR or RB at that position. I found it intriguing last season, so I decided to add it on this season. I know TMC is in, who else? C'mon, I know it wouldn't hurt having two leagues. Two chances to win the title.

IN IT:
xbay
TMC
pawno
GSW
Mr. Crackerz
Last edited by xbay on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 pm
Yeah, I'd turn off the can't cut list. I just never got it, for starters. What's the point of having a few players you can't cut?.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:18 pm
Dunno. Yahoo has some weird rules.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5870
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:18 am
i'm keen for a second league...

there's mine that im the commish and have to act responsible and then there's yours which i can be the Lyle Azadalo and just run amuck...

**** AUTHORITY!!!

Also i'd be keen to use drafting defensive players in this league. that'd be fun.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:23 am
Yeah, I was debating over whether to do that or not. I'm leaning towards doing it, just cause it's something different than last year.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:28 pm
hey without me is like without salt in your dishes.....hehehehheeh

Futching damnnn hot...put me IN or i am going to haunt u everynite... :D
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:49 am
4 guys only? Seriously? C'mon fellas, join up!

We need at least 4-6 more.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:05 pm
yeah, I am going to skip on this on as I know your want to do defensive players and I dont care for those leagues. Have fun and good luck with the league though!
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 am
hey, i am down for this league... i usually do 2 leagues, but i can make an exception and do three (including the raider thread one and the one with the buddies).... if there aren't enough participants, can we expand it to 2 QB's?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:10 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey, i am down for this league... i usually do 2 leagues, but i can make an exception and do three (including the raider thread one and the one with the buddies).... if there aren't enough participants, can we expand it to 2 QB's?


Yeah, that's probably how it's going to be since no one else seems to want to join. I'll probably end up expanding the positions if we don't end up with the number of people I would like in this league. But we have around two months to go before we have to get serious.

Also, would you guys want to an offline draft or online? I'm thinking if we don't start this up 'til August, but we get more people, we do it online. We can do it offline if more people join up before mid-July.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:56 am
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey, i am down for this league... i usually do 2 leagues, but i can make an exception and do three (including the raider thread one and the one with the buddies).... if there aren't enough participants, can we expand it to 2 QB's?


Yeah, that's probably how it's going to be since no one else seems to want to join. I'll probably end up expanding the positions if we don't end up with the number of people I would like in this league. But we have around two months to go before we have to get serious.

Also, would you guys want to an offline draft or online? I'm thinking if we don't start this up 'til August, but we get more people, we do it online. We can do it offline if more people join up before mid-July.


I am down for either one... it is a surprise their are so little participants... i love playing with defensive players. Its another aspect (and an important one) in football, and deserves fantasy love.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey, i am down for this league... i usually do 2 leagues, but i can make an exception and do three (including the raider thread one and the one with the buddies).... if there aren't enough participants, can we expand it to 2 QB's?


Yeah, that's probably how it's going to be since no one else seems to want to join. I'll probably end up expanding the positions if we don't end up with the number of people I would like in this league. But we have around two months to go before we have to get serious.

Also, would you guys want to an offline draft or online? I'm thinking if we don't start this up 'til August, but we get more people, we do it online. We can do it offline if more people join up before mid-July.


I am down for either one... it is a surprise their are so little participants... i love playing with defensive players. Its another aspect (and an important one) in football, and deserves fantasy love.


Me too. I expected more interest in this league as well. It'd be nice to get, at least, 8 guys.

btw, I'd rather have an offline draft, because it's pretty hard for me to find time for an online one (and more when doing it from a different time zone), but I'm ok with anything. If it's online and I can't make it, I'll set my rankings accordingly.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:39 pm
why is only 5 so far...where those guys who play for last season...

hopefully, it will get done soon and we can draft players near the opening season...
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:20 am
I think they all got intimidated when they saw that us 5 in this league. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:54 am
xbay wrote:I think they all got intimidated when they saw that us 5 in this league. :mrgreen:


Might be. In that case, why don't we try to lure Bigs into this league?. He doesn't know a damn thing about football, so he cannot feel intimidated by us, right? :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest