2009 Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:47 pm
Okay, let's try to get this organized ahead of time so were not slacking. The season is still far, but I'd like to organize who's in and who's out. I'm looking at an 8 to 10-team league. Here are the positions...

2 QBs
3 WRs
2 RBs
1 TE
1 WR/RB flex

And defensive players or defensive teams. We'll decide on a league vote. Anyways, do not go in shock on how many starters you get at WR and QB. I was in two other leagues like that and we had 10 in each league. So we'll be just fine with a max of 10.

Who's in?

Players:
xbay
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:05 pm
Count me in as well... but, shouldn't this league deserve it's own thread instead of recovering an old one?.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:39 pm
hmm, I will be the party pooper and pass. That is just too many starters for my liking. 2 QB's? That means people will need to have at least one backup per starter at QB so each team will have 4 QB's. With 10 teams that is 40 QB's on rosters. There are only 32 teams in the NFL. An injury here or there and bye weeks and you wont even be able to field a team.

And no kicker?

Also I know you guys talked about wanting to do defensive players but with all those starters PLUS defensive players, the draft will have to be like 30+ rounds. This will also really limit the available talent of FA's. If you get a couple injuries your season is over as the only available talent is guys that barely play. Turns the league into a luck game of who can stay healthy.

After 15+ years of playing in mulitple leagues per year, it has always worked out that the fancier your get, the worse the league is. The ol "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) really applies to fantasy.

my 2 cents anyway.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:02 pm
TMC wrote:Count me in as well... but, shouldn't this league deserve it's own thread instead of recovering an old one?.

I'll start a new one for the draft.

bada wrote:hmm, I will be the party pooper and pass. That is just too many starters for my liking. 2 QB's? That means people will need to have at least one backup per starter at QB so each team will have 4 QB's. With 10 teams that is 40 QB's on rosters. There are only 32 teams in the NFL. An injury here or there and bye weeks and you wont even be able to field a team.

And no kicker?

Also I know you guys talked about wanting to do defensive players but with all those starters PLUS defensive players, the draft will have to be like 30+ rounds. This will also really limit the available talent of FA's. If you get a couple injuries your season is over as the only available talent is guys that barely play. Turns the league into a luck game of who can stay healthy.

After 15+ years of playing in mulitple leagues per year, it has always worked out that the fancier your get, the worse the league is. The ol "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) really applies to fantasy.

my 2 cents anyway.

Well, I was thinking off the top of my head. I'm trying to find the old leagues I was in. There will be a kicker, though.

As for the QB, I disagree. You really only need 3 QBs total. Still, it's debatable. I really would like for you to be in it, Bada, though. How about this...

1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex, K, DEF or DEF players.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:18 pm
bada wrote:hmm, I will be the party pooper and pass. That is just too many starters for my liking. 2 QB's? That means people will need to have at least one backup per starter at QB so each team will have 4 QB's. With 10 teams that is 40 QB's on rosters. There are only 32 teams in the NFL. An injury here or there and bye weeks and you wont even be able to field a team.

And no kicker?

my 2 cents anyway.

I'm with you on the 1 QB thing. 2 is just too much for a league that high, even if you only have to carry 1 backup.

Why don't you join Pawno's league, Bada?. That should fit your taste more, as it's pretty similar to the one we had last year.
Previous

Return to Fantasy League Forum