What if Kobe was in Cleve and Bron was in Hollywood?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

How would you feel if Kobe and Bron switched jerseys (from the beginning of their careers)?

still hate on Kobe, still like lebron
No votes
still like lebron, but I'd also like kobe
No votes
probably hating lebron, but I'd still hate Kobe
No votes
I'd probably like kobe and and hate Bron Bron
No votes
I don't know, they should switch for a few games so we can figure it out!
No votes
Boo Kobe, Boo Lebron, GO WARRIORS!
No votes

Total votes : 0

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:50 pm
My dad and I were talking the other day about Kobe vs. LeBron. We both couldn't figure out exactly why we hate Kobe and love LeBron. they are both great players with great passion for the game. Then the other day I was thinking - would I hate Kobe if he was on the Cavs and LeBron was on the Lakers? I don't know, I think I'd still hate Kobe, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about Lebron.

I kinda liked Shaq when he was on the lakers, but then when he bolted to the heat I was totally rooting for him in the finals.

Then again I've ALWAYS hated fisher. ALWAYS.

what do you think? To what extent does the douchie-ness of Hollywood - example:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3LIwvYVKwM[/youtube]
in close proximity to the lakers
rub off on their players?

why or why not?
Last edited by first off on Fri May 22, 2009 2:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:47 am
I hate Kobe as much as anyone but I dont think its because he plays in LA. I would hate Kobe just as much if he played in Minnesota, Memphis, OKC or even for the Clippers. I dont hate Kobe because of how good he is, I just hate him because he never seems sincere in anything he ever says. Im in the middle of watching "Kobe doing work" and, although I am completely in love with the idea of hearing a superstars perspective of what he does on the court, I can barely watch the movie because Kobe just comes off as 100% fake in the way he tries to praise Bruce Bowen, who is guarding him throughout most of the movie and others.

As far as Lebron, I dont dislike him nearly as much as I dislike Kobe, sometimes the fact that he is completely aware of how good he is makes me want to not like him at all. But then he goes and does something completely amazing on the court and I just have to give him respect because he deserves it.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:59 am
metalface wrote:I hate Kobe as much as anyone but I dont think its because he plays in LA. I would hate Kobe just as much if he played in Minnesota, Memphis, OKC or even for the Clippers. I dont hate Kobe because of how good he is, I just hate him because he never seems sincere in anything he ever says. Im in the middle of watching "Kobe doing work" and, although I am completely in love with the idea of hearing a superstars perspective of what he does on the court, I can barely watch the movie because Kobe just comes off as 100% fake in the way he tries to praise Bruce Bowen, who is guarding him throughout most of the movie and others.

As far as Lebron, I dont dislike him nearly as much as I dislike Kobe, sometimes the fact that he is completely aware of how good he is makes me want to not like him at all. But then he goes and does something completely amazing on the court and I just have to give him respect because he deserves it.

yeah I agree with you about the fake-ness. I don't feel like I could have a beer with the guy and get anything but BS coming from his mouth. plus in watching tonight's game (haha suck it lakers), I noticed he bitches to the refs WAY to much. LeBron, KG, CP3, most of my fav players don't spend all their time whining about calls when something doesn't go their way.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:17 am
Good topic. I don't like Kobe, because of his arrogance in the past, though he seems better this year. Lebron himself is getting a bit arrogant. As far as would both teams be about the same as they are, not so sure, think they would be about the same, but think Lakers would be a bit better, Cleveland a bit worse. In other words, Lebron is a bit better than Kobe

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum