Post-Lottery, Pre-Draft trade ideas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 pm
post 'em if you got 'em

Hmm... I've been trying to work on a good three or four way trade...

right now I got LAC's Kaman to the Rockets because they need a replacement for mutumbo and the frequently injured Yao Ming...

can't figure out what should happen next

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:34 pm
monta and the number 7 to memphis for the number 2.

of course, there would have to be some baggage coming from tennessee to make the salaries work, but i'd be happy with getting either of the 2 possibilities (griffin or rubio). both fill an immediate need with a potential star. memphis should listen since he's the hometown kid and will sell tickets and swag. monta and conley could play well together, and mayo could move to the 3 or play the bigger 2. they would be foolish not to consider it.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:06 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:monta and the number 7 to memphis for the number 2.

of course, there would have to be some baggage coming from tennessee to make the salaries work, but i'd be happy with getting either of the 2 possibilities (griffin or rubio). both fill an immediate need with a potential star. memphis should listen since he's the hometown kid and will sell tickets and swag. monta and conley could play well together, and mayo could move to the 3 or play the bigger 2. they would be foolish not to consider it.

Monta's hometown is near Memphis? I thought he was from Jackson which I'm pretty sure is closer to NO.

either way -

isn't OJ Mayo pretty short? and they have rudy gay (giggle, giggle... gay) at the 3. in fact the big poisitions they are lacking are the 1 (I've heard mixed reviews of Conely's game) and def the 4. I don't think it makes any sense for them to take monta.

OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis. is there a huge difference besides age and experience?

I just don't see them trading to anyone.
Last edited by first off on Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:11 pm
mayo is listed at 6'4", 220 pounds
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 pm
look at their stats. they are pretty much the same. why would they pay all that money (for 5 years mind you) for the same production? with monta coming off an injury year no less.

I know a lot of people support your idea to trade monta, but I can't see it happening, nor could I support it even if it some how did.
Last edited by first off on Wed May 20, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:40 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:monta and the number 7 to memphis for the number 2.

of course, there would have to be some baggage coming from tennessee to make the salaries work

not if we get another TE like we did with JRich. but i dont think id do it. Monta for a CHANCE at griffin isnt worth it, plus even if we did get griffin, we'd be left without a point guard. and if we got rubio...well i just think rubios is a little too raw to just hand him the team to run.

i think we should package a bigger contract and the pick for one or two vets (not necessarily old though). actually a maggette and the 7th could get us josh howard salary-wise. i doubt dallas would do it, but a lineup of monta, jackson, howard, randolph, and biedrins would be pretty stellar. plus howard has a team option after this upcoming season...so thatd give us a little room for the FA class.

or maybe maggette and the 7th for hinrich and whatever pick they have..16th i think.

or maggette and the 7th for tayshaun.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:26 am
The team, if they want ofcourse and by that I mean the front office, has alot of chance to make a trade with either Clips or Grizz.

With Clips, it's dependant on whehter they go for Griffin or Rubio with their first pick, but considering it might be Griffin they go for, I'd look to get Kaman or Camby (prefer Kaman as he is much younger and Camby really only has about two or three good years left) for something like Maggette. The team doesn't need Kaman, so not really a incredibly viable trade, but that is totally considering that AR is starting PF material, otherwise doing this trade makes great sense, as the team gets bigger in the PF/C spot, adds rebounding and shotblocking.

With Grizz, if they get Rubio that is, I'd look to get Conley, who had some very good games the last few weeks of the season. BW and JDavidson for Conley works and Grizz get a couple of young athletic bigs to add to their team, who knows what BW would do there given the chance, and the Warriors get a capable starting PG that is young and likely to only get better

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am
migya wrote:The team, if they want ofcourse and by that I mean the front office, has alot of chance to make a trade with either Clips or Grizz.

With Grizz, if they get Rubio that is, I'd look to get Conley, who had some very good games the last few weeks of the season. BW and JDavidson for Conley works and Grizz get a couple of young athletic bigs to add to their team, who knows what BW would do there given the chance, and the Warriors get a capable starting PG that is young and likely to only get better

i get the feeling that the grizz would go for thabeet and let rubio slip to the thunder at 3rd. and even the thunder could use some size, but i cant see rubio slipping past 3rd...maybe 4th.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:37 pm
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:The team, if they want ofcourse and by that I mean the front office, has alot of chance to make a trade with either Clips or Grizz.

i get the feeling that the grizz would go for thabeet and let rubio slip to the thunder at 3rd. and even the thunder could use some size, but i cant see rubio slipping past 3rd...maybe 4th.

You're not alone in thinking that:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-090519
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:25 am
E-Man wrote:

The Grizz do need a Center, but I really think that Marc Gasol could be that for them, probably better than Thabeet. They can get a PF through free agency or even by picking Rubio and then trading him for for Jordan Hill and one or two good players.

If Grizz don't get Rubio, maybe the Thunder will, but Westbrook did well as the PG this season, so maybe not a good fit for Rubio

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 pm
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

The Grizz do need a Center, but I really think that Marc Gasol could be that for them, probably better than Thabeet. They can get a PF through free agency or even by picking Rubio and then trading him for for Jordan Hill and one or two good players.

If Grizz don't get Rubio, maybe the Thunder will, but Westbrook did well as the PG this season, so maybe not a good fit for Rubio

or they can pick thabeet to play center and move gasol over to PF. it would be a waaay better option than sticking with darrell arthur in the starting lineup. then they would have a second front court lineup of warrick, arthur, and darko which is basically a watered down version of gay, gasol, and thabeet.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:54 pm
If Clippers select Griffin and Grizzlies select Rubio, what do you think about this trade?:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=pfdoud

Clippers get rid of both Randolph and Baron, and they get back Maggette and a young, promising PG.

Grizzlies get a PF to play alongside Gasol, and they make space for Rubio in their lineup. They also get two good backup players.

Warriors get rid of Maggette (most important thing) and get a proper PG (nice bonus).

New starting lineups:

Clippers:

PG: Mike Conley
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Corey Maggette
PF: Blake Griffin/Chris Kaman
C: Marcus Camby/Chris Kaman

Grizzlies:

PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: O.J. Mayo
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Marc Gasol

Warriors:

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Monta Ellis
SF: Stephen Jackson
PF: Anthony Randolph
C: Andris Biedrins

And then Warriors could use the money from Crawford to sign or trade a PF. Is it just me, or could this actually work..?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:03 pm
so in essence, in your hypothetical trade scenario, we are basically trading wright, bellinelli, and maggette for baron.

doesn't sound like we're getting much beyond a fat, unmotivated, past his prime player with one of the worst FG percentages in the NBA last year. for 2 young, talented but unproven players and a one dimensional, 20 ppg player.

no thanks.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:16 pm
Heh, when you look at it like that it doesn't seem so good no, does it :? Guess I got too focused on making the salary work...

Good thing I'm not the GM, :)

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:46 pm
haha....well, good intentions anyways.

i think all the baron fanboys need to realize his days in oaktown are over. as long as rowell is here, baron won't be.

but i personally would swap mags for baron straight up. and the dubs still won't do that. so all this baron talk is just wishful thinking. i think.

now i'd love to snag either camby or kamen for mags. and they will be looking to move at least one of them. they can keep old zbo.
Next

Return to Trades