All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:46 pm
2nd round picks:

LAL in 6
DEN in 6

CLE in 5
ORL in 7
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:50 pm
E-Man wrote:east
Cavs 4
Bulls 7
Magic 6
Heat 6

west
Lakers 7
Hornets 6
Spurs 6
Blazers 7

haha...man...only 3 picks correct with 2 bonuses. hopefully the 2nd round doesnt let me down and catches me up
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:43 pm
My picks for 2nd round:
Denver in 5
Lakers in 6
Cavs in 5
Magic in 5
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:39 pm
Denver in 7
Lakers in 6
Cavs in 5
Boston in 7

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:21 pm
Anybody really pick Dallas? That's the only one I missed. I tried to get and edge by picking Atlanta in 6 and Orlando in 5 but missed each of those.
I was gone this weekend--Sorry, I didn't know we started on Sunday. Anyway, for what it's worth.
Lakers in 6
Nuggets in 6
Cleveland in 6---? Can Atlanta match up like last year?
Orlando in 7
War Years
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:25 pm
LAL in 5
DEN in 6

CLE in 5
ORL in 6
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:26 pm
hmmm...i wonder who is the leading on the first round playoff...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:17 am
migya wrote:My picks for the first round (we can talk about whether we should pick round by round or the whole playoffs over the next day or two):

FIRST ROUND
WEST
1. L.A. vs. 8. Utah = Lakers in 6
4. Port vs. 5. Hou = Rockets in 6
3. San Ant vs. 6. Dallas = Spurs in 6
2. Denver vs. 7. N.O. = Nuggets in 6

EAST
1. Clev vs. 8. Det = Cavs in 5
4. Atla vs. 5. Miami =Hawks in 6
3. Orl vs. 6. Philly = Magic in 4
2. Bost vs. 7. Chi = Celts in 7

I didn't do too bad. Got Lakers, though one game over, same with Cavs, as with Nuggets. Hawks one game over and Magic two games under. Got Spurs wrong, though games were right ( :| ). Got Rockets and Celts spot on.

SECOND ROUND
WEST
1. L.A. vs. 5. Hou = Rockets in 6
2. Denver vs. 6. Dallas = Nuggets in 6

EAST
1. Clev vs. 4. Atla = Cavs in 5
3. Orl vs. 2. Bost = Magic in 6

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:35 pm
geez migya's picking the rockets is as ridiculous (and blatantly obvious) as xbays choosing of the bulls in the 1st round. I wonder if yesterdays result had anything to do with it....Karma will embarrass you migya (as it did to xbay), mark my words :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:16 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:geez migya's picking the rockets is as ridiculous (and blatantly obvious) as xbays choosing of the bulls in the 1st round. I wonder if yesterdays result had anything to do with it....Karma will embarrass you migya (as it did to xbay), mark my words :mrgreen:

I was going to choose the Rockets anyway, I think they will actually beat Lakers inside, not just with Yao, but I see Scola having a huge series and really, he'll have to for them to win. It is risky pick to say the least, as Lakers had a really bad game first game and might not play anywhere near that bad again

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:57 am
It's official: :cheers: This is a joke! :roll:
War Years

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:49 am
War Years wrote:It's official: :cheers: This is a joke! :roll:

how so? really, did anyone think this was more than just a way to have fun by seeing how close we'd come to predicting the outcome of the playoffs? it's not like there is a prize for winning.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:09 pm
E-Man wrote:

how so? really, did anyone think this was more than just a way to have fun by seeing how close we'd come to predicting the outcome of the playoffs? it's not like there is a prize for winning.

No I agree, E-man, I'm sort of joking about the joke. It's just that we tried to make this elaborate point system. Maybe the fact that we couldn't get together on that and that so many of us,( myself included with the second round, when I came home Monday) picked late is evidence that we are just trying to have fun with this.
War Years

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 pm
War Years wrote:
E-Man wrote:

No I agree, E-man, I'm sort of joking about the joke. It's just that we tried to make this elaborate point system. Maybe the fact that we couldn't get together on that and that so many of us,( myself included with the second round, when I came home Monday) picked late is evidence that we are just trying to have fun with this.

gotcha.

honestly, i think it's pretty interesting whether points are involved or not. just reading and thinking about whatever reasoning people have for choosing the winner of each respective series and how many games it takes is at least something to do while we wait to hear what moves our beloved warriors are gonna make.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:49 am
Man, not only am i so confident on my predictions, but i think i might get all four of the series with the right amount of games. This almost reminds me of the time like 8 years ago when the WWE accidently posted the winners before the fights occurred and i betted with my wresling neighbor fan to win all the time.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum