Maggette for Kirilenko?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:17 pm
http://dimemag.com/2009/05/nba-trade-rumor-andrei-kirilenko-to-the-warriors/

Wow this could help us in SO many ways.

PG - Ellis
SG - Jackson
SF - Kirilenko
PF - Randolph
C - Biedrins

That is a good starting line up with two legitimate defenders and a lot of size. Hopefully the Jazz are dumb enough to make this trade.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:05 pm
That would be incredibly dumb for the Jazz... AK is, once again, a much more complete player than Regrette. Both contracts are pretty bad, but I'd much rather have the guy that doesn't need to score to impact a game...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:34 pm
yeah, but it's known that sloan really doesn't like AK, and with the pending boozer/millsap decision, they would probably like to shed AK's salary. Mags is a bit more spaced out (or locked in, depending on the view), but he would provide them 20 ppg. AK gives the dubs a solid defender, good passer, and could run and flourish in nelly's frantic style. and i think the reason the dubs would even consider this would be to move jack to the 2 and monta to the point. more defense and better ball movement with AK on the wing than mags.

there's been a bit of buzz about this one today.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:51 pm
I heard on KNBR , they were considering trading both Crawford and Maggette for Kirilenko. The Magette for Kirilenko trade doesn't work salary wise but you throw in Crawford and it does. It seems like a lot but Kirilenko is the highest paid member of the Jazz.

I hope he'd get along with Beans, you know Latvians aren't that fond of Russians.
War Years
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:36 am
BOO! don't like it.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:12 am
If Kiri's contract is shorter than Maggs, I'd seriously do it in a heart beat.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 am
Quazza wrote:If Kiri's contract is shorter than Maggs, I'd seriously do it in a heart beat.

AK's signed for two more seasons, at $16.4 and $17.8 million each. So it's pretty decent, because, after one year, he's one of the most tradable contracts of the league.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:05 pm
As I've said before, getting AK now would be a good thing, as he brings defense and some allround ability. For Crawford and Maggete or either player and one more player from the team, I'd do it and as TMC said, AK is signed for only two more years, not much of a long term committment at all

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:48 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:If Kiri's contract is shorter than Maggs, I'd seriously do it in a heart beat.

AK's signed for two more seasons, at $16.4 and $17.8 million each. So it's pretty decent, because, after one year, he's one of the most tradable contracts of the league.

fk, even better than. Imagine how in demand he'd be in 2 years? Would leave us in a great position
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:34 am
I was going to post this the other day...............but I didnt.

Man, I dont give a crap that hes a Jazz scum bag, I dont give a crap about his badly bloated contract...........partly because as we know, its expiring and would be of huge value next year...............but mostly because it would involve getting rid of both Maggs and Crawford! in one fowl swoop.

Ohh yeah, and theres the fact that he is a defensive enigma, can pass the ball and can run.

Can you imagine a front court of Turiaf, Randolph and Kirilenko!..........f*ck man, the oppostion would be too busy looking over the shoulder incase some long armed, great instinct filled freak was going to block there shot, that they wouldnt get anything done!

I think this is the best deal we could possibly get for these useless ball hogs..........if its not this, its going to be a washed up expirer or much of a muchness.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:06 pm
im a big fan of ak47s game... he's a smart basketball player, a good defender and a hard worker... he would be an upgrade over maggette and a great addition to our ball club.

... i cant imagine this trading happening...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:11 pm
AND... he is an underrated passer.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 am
KC wrote:... i cant imagine this trading happening...

Yep, I can't see it either. It doesn't make any sense from Utah's standpoint, and there's also the chance of Crapford opting out...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:29 am
There are definitely some positives to getting AK and losing Magette as Bigs and others pointed out. I've never liked the guy myself, maybe because he is on the Jazz or maybe because he looks like the poster boy of some Uberman Nazi propoganda campaign. (i know he's Russian)
I wonder if he and Biedrins would get along as well...
Oh well, we can only expect more drama with this bunch at the helm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:24 am
TMC wrote:
KC wrote:... i cant imagine this trading happening...

Yep, I can't see it either. It doesn't make any sense from Utah's standpoint, and there's also the chance of Crapford opting out...

Actually, I reckon this trade could well happen. Both teams win:

GS gets a player with skills that fit in, IF he uses them properly, something Kirilenko doesn't seem to always do. He can block shots and defend real well, getting steals as well. He can also do quite well in every other facet, so he is no liability.

Jazz get two players they can use and that fill positions that they are lacking at. SG and SF over there are filled with role players, not a bad thing for that team, but sometimes that affects them very badly, as guys like Miles and Brewer fail miserably. AK himself disappears a few games and it shows for that team. Crawford and Maggette supply offense, not much else we know, but they supply scoring andJazz seem less efficient at that than in the last few years, maybe it's just me, but they seem to get outscored more. Crawford, who would have to not opt out for this trade to happen, is also only signed for another two years, like AK47, so they don't have a long term committment with him either. Maggette's contract is the long one, but again, he fits in well, giving them what they need and also gives them pretty good rebounding, so they stay a very good team at that, not losing much from Kirilenko to Maggette.

Such a trade is possible and could be beneficial for both teams

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades