LeBron wins MVP

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:15 pm
Yes, he won. He beat Kobe by over 400 points in terms of the media and got 109 of the 121 votes. The final result went...

1. LeBron (109 votes, 1172 points)
2. Kobe (2 votes, 698 points)
3. Dwyane Wade (7 votes, 680 points)
4. Dwight Howard (1 vote, 328 points)
5. Chris Paul (2 votes, 192 points)

This was all according to ESPN.
Last edited by xbay on Mon May 04, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:06 pm
xbay wrote:Yes, he won. He beat Kobe by over 400 points in terms of the media and got 109 of the 121 votes. The final result went...

3. Dwyane Wade (680 points)
4. Dwight Howard (328 points)
5. Chris Paul (192 points)

They did not say how many votes Wade, Howard, and Paul received. And seven other players were tied after Paul with one vote. This was all according to ESPN.

this comes at a huge shock..... :roll: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:17 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Yes, he won. He beat Kobe by over 400 points in terms of the media and got 109 of the 121 votes. The final result went...

3. Dwyane Wade (680 points)
4. Dwight Howard (328 points)
5. Chris Paul (192 points)

They did not say how many votes Wade, Howard, and Paul received. And seven other players were tied after Paul with one vote. This was all according to ESPN.

this comes at a huge shock..... :roll: :mrgreen:

The numbers do. It was clear that Lebron was going to be the MVP, but there's not such a big difference between him and the rest of the candidates.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:21 pm
Wow, so I finally saw the ballot, and Wade actually placed second in terms of NBA voting. He got 7 votes. Kobe and Paul each had 2. And Dwight had 1.

I'm not surprised, though. Wade literally carried that team on his back. Take him away, and they're just another lottery team.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:15 pm
Lebron James is not human. He is more than just a man.
That shot he just spotted up at half court from half court with a guy in his face was effortless.
Get Money. Get Paid.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:45 pm
What kind of player do you guys think he will be when he is in his early 30's and has lost his superhuman boosts and whatnot. Do you think his game will age well?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:47 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Lebron James is not human. He is more than just a man.
That shot he just spotted up at half court from half court with a guy in his face was effortless.

Seriously. Over about 979of what he's done against the Pistons and Hawks looks so effortless. I saw a picture of him after a dunk, and honestly, it looked more like a dunk that you would do for a poster rather than it being to score points. And if you photoshopped that picture with him flying in the sky, it'd look more realistic than the original.

I know it's against two poor teams, but c'mon... you can't tell me what he's shown in these 7 total playoffs games actually looks like he's trying.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 pm
xbay wrote:

Seriously. Over about 979of what he's done against the Pistons and Hawks looks so effortless. I saw a picture of him after a dunk, and honestly, it looked more like a dunk that you would do for a poster rather than it being to score points. And if you photoshopped that picture with him flying in the sky, it'd look more realistic than the original.

I know it's against two poor teams, but c'mon... you can't tell me what he's shown in these 7 total playoffs games actually looks like he's trying.

A man playing amongst boys. Depending on how this playoffs goes, I might finally admit that we are currently experiencing the greatest basketball player of all time. Everything he has done in 6 straight wins has been effortless. Something I don't know if we could all say about MJ. I really think that the Cav's path is carved such that Lebron might embarrass the Lakers/Rockets/Nuggets in the Finals. I hope so too so that Lebron stays in Cleveland, neither NY teams get him. Balance the league since the NBA might have a lower % of teams with championships than any other sport.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:06 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:
xbay wrote:

A man playing amongst boys. Depending on how this playoffs goes, I might finally admit that we are currently experiencing the greatest basketball player of all time. Everything he has done in 6 straight wins has been effortless. Something I don't know if we could all say about MJ. I really think that the Cav's path is carved such that Lebron might embarrass the Lakers/Rockets/Nuggets in the Finals. I hope so too so that Lebron stays in Cleveland, neither NY teams get him. Balance the league since the NBA might have a lower % of teams with championships than any other sport.

That's why I want the Lakers to make it to the finals. A Kobe vs Lebron matchup can be amazing, but if Lebron has to play the Nuggets, for example, it will be the same story that we're watching right now against the Hawks.

The Rockets with Artest would be the lesser evil... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm
TMC wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:
xbay wrote:

That's why I want the Lakers to make it to the finals. A Kobe vs Lebron matchup can be amazing, but if Lebron has to play the Nuggets, for example, it will be the same story that we're watching right now against the Hawks.

Yeah, it's a shame we didn't get to see a D-Wade vs LeBron match up in the second round. That would of been way better than the Hawks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:10 pm
As I expected, the order that is. Lebron deserved it.

As for what will Lebron be like when he gets to the age of thirty - If he keeps on doing what he's doing, he'll be known as the greatest player ever and I think rightfully so. As good as Jordan was he didn't play as effortlessly as Lebron does. Lebron could even have a higher career scoring average than Jordan by age thirty

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 am
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:
xbay wrote:

Yeah, it's a shame we didn't get to see a D-Wade vs LeBron match up in the second round. That would of been way better than the Hawks.

Yeah, a problem the NBA playoffs have is that, usually, it's all about matchups of star players (except certain years in which a goot team with no true star, like the Pistons during the Larry Brown era, play within a system that allows them to beat teams with those stars).

With that in mind, this year's playoffs are kind of boring. The Lebron vs Wade matchup would have been the best of the second round (right now is Kobe vs Artest), and there ain't much else to get excited about right now.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:26 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:
xbay wrote:

Yeah, a problem the NBA playoffs have is that, usually, it's all about matchups of star players (except certain years in which a goot team with no true star, like the Pistons during the Larry Brown era, play within a system that allows them to beat teams with those stars).

With that in mind, this year's playoffs are kind of boring. The Lebron vs Wade matchup would have been the best of the second round (right now is Kobe vs Artest), and there ain't much else to get excited about right now.

IMO, the greatest series in the last 10 years both deal with the lakers.

The Lakers vs. Kings series in 2002 was great. my family had just moved to sacramento from the bay area, so all my new friends were naturally Kings fans. Seeing a warriors fan's 2 brutal enemies go at it was great theatre. and seeing my friends bitch and moan all series long was awesome too. Too bad the series was rigged (shocking... a common NBA theme).

The other series is the one you mentioned TMC, the Detroit pistons team of 2004. During those playoffs, i saw myself rooting for Detroit. Not because they had any player that i was infatuated with, but they played good team bball. They had 5 players all with their unique roles and they just click. It was the greatest "TEAM" i had ever watched (and they had a cool PA announcer). And then when they played the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and Phil running the show. And BOOM. Detroit knocked them.

Good memories... hopefully the Detroit series was at least legit.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:18 am
The Kings/Lakers series was a classic. Vlade Divac and the gang vs Shaq and gang. Horry with the big shot.

And honestly, I thought the Lakers/Spurs series was a good one back in the day. Definitely was better than last year's meeting.

Also, someone remind me... Fisher hit that miracle shot with 0.4 seconds in what series?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:20 pm
xbay wrote:Also, someone remind me... Fisher hit that miracle shot with 0.4 seconds in what series?

It was against the Spurs... the year before he signed with us??? I'm not totally sure.

More great series: the Blazers vs the Lakers, with Portland's collapse in the last quarter of the 7th game. And, of course, any series between the Heat and the Knicks, but not for the bball played, of course... :wink:
Next

Return to NBA Forum