Official NFL DRAFT THREAD

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:01 am
I thought the Colts' pick was solid. Donald Brown is a good back. He can block, run, and catch.

I love the Michael Oher pick by the Ravens as well. I love his story, too. From being homeless as a child to being adopted and fighting adversity to become a first round NFL draft pick. Did anyone catch this kid's interview? GREAT interview. He loves football. He loves life. He didn't care where he went. He didn't care when he was picked. He just wants to get out there and play. Great man.

The Percy Harvin pick puzzles me because I heard Childress isn't a fan of taking receivers in the first round, and with all the character issues the Vikings have been working to get rid of from the past and present, it's odd they take him. Nevertheless, it's high risk, high reward.

Speaking of character, I thought the Bengals were looking to clean that team up? But they take a talented, but troubled young man. His draft stock went down because of his actions leading up the draft.

The Jeremy Maclin pick puzzles me as well by the Eagles. They already have a speedster, deep thread in Desean Jackson. Why another? They already have Kevin Curtis, Reggie Brown, and Hank Baskett. They're not big names, but most three of the four can be found running deep routes. I would of thought they'd go running back or defense.

And finally, I think the main problem with Crabtree will be his attitude. Singletary has a no BS policy, and from what I've heard, Crabtree can have a pretty high ego every now and then. So Michael better come to play and not become another TO when he's here in San Francisco.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:02 pm
I wasnt sure if the Dolphins had a thread or not, I didnt want to look through however many pages of threads were on the sports board. Im pretty happy with Miamis draft. I think Davis will be a good physical corner, something that is definitely needed in the AFC East and Im also really happy about Pat White. Would have liked to see them get Lauranitis, but I like both Corners they got early and White will be a perfect fit for the Wild Cat.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:28 pm
"Always" Next wrote:I wasnt sure if the Dolphins had a thread or not, I didnt want to look through however many pages of threads were on the sports board. Im pretty happy with Miamis draft. I think Davis will be a good physical corner, something that is definitely needed in the AFC East and Im also really happy about Pat White. Would have liked to see them get Lauranitis, but I like both Corners they got early and White will be a perfect fit for the Wild Cat.


I love the Pat White pick. In that spread, Wildcat offense, it's going to be exciting to see what they do with him.

Also, someone tell me why Rey Maulauga dropped to the second round?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:35 pm
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:I wasnt sure if the Dolphins had a thread or not, I didnt want to look through however many pages of threads were on the sports board. Im pretty happy with Miamis draft. I think Davis will be a good physical corner, something that is definitely needed in the AFC East and Im also really happy about Pat White. Would have liked to see them get Lauranitis, but I like both Corners they got early and White will be a perfect fit for the Wild Cat.


I love the Pat White pick. In that spread, Wildcat offense, it's going to be exciting to see what they do with him.

Also, someone tell me why Rey Maulauga dropped to the second round?


probably because he is not a defensive QB, like you would expect your MLB to be. I think he will be a great player and a steal for the Bengals. Overall though, I think I would have rather had Lauranitis.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:01 pm
I just noticed that Chase Daniel and Graham Harrell weren't drafted. I mean, they're not top talents in terms of NFL, but I think they would of been late round steals. Those two threw to Maclin and Crabtree, so I would assume they'd get some type of positive report. I'd also like to see Ian Johnson on a team. He'd be a solid backup.

EDIT;

Daniel was signed by the Redskins. Good pickup by them.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 pm
xbay wrote:I just noticed that Chase Daniel and Graham Harrell weren't drafted. I mean, they're not top talents in terms of NFL, but I think they would of been late round steals. Those two threw to Maclin and Crabtree, so I would assume they'd get some type of positive report. I'd also like to see Ian Johnson on a team. He'd be a solid backup.

EDIT;

Daniel was signed by the Redskins. Good pickup by them.


Harrell is trying to catch on with the Browns, he is playing in one of their rookie camps this weekend.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:55 pm
I don't think Crabtree is going to have attitude problems. He was actually pretty reserved in college; he virtually never gave interviews and he wasn't involved in off-the-field antics. I thought he conducted himself well at the press conference, and I can guarantee that he is thrilled to be in SF -- especially when the alternative was to be in Oakland under Al Davis... :banghead:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:36 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:I don't think Crabtree is going to have attitude problems. He was actually pretty reserved in college; he virtually never gave interviews and he wasn't involved in off-the-field antics. I thought he conducted himself well at the press conference, and I can guarantee that he is thrilled to be in SF -- especially when the alternative was to be in Oakland under Al Davis... :banghead:


NOT comparing Crabtree to Jerry Rice (just to preface this).

People always think that quiet or reserved people have attitudes. Jerry battled with that his entire career because he wasn't a talker and he didn't always have goofy things to say or didn't do interviews with the media. Crabtree has the same feel to him, just a reserved person who doesn't really have a whole lot to say. I think a lot of times that is interpreted as "diva attitude" when it's just someone being shy.
Image
Previous

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest