Official NFL DRAFT THREAD

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 868
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:31 am
Please use this thread to discuss thoughts on each pick here. Also discuss whether which player you think a team should take and anything else that may occur such as trades, drops, surprises etc.

LETS GO NINERS
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:01 am
Here is my top 5 prediction.... this is my anti establishment prediction and realize it is long shot

1-Lions - Matt Stafford
2-Rams - Mark Sanchez
3- Chiefs - Tyson Jackson
4- Seahawks - Jason Smith
5- Browns - Aaron Curry

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:44 am
Give Credit to Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.... Yesterday, he wrote about the Chiefs becoming attractive to Tyson Jackson, and are highly considering him for the 3rd overall pick (i wrote about his article yesterday). NOW, 24 hours later, its almost a consensus from all the "experts" on ESPN and SI that he will be a Chief, over Curry.

What a difference of 24 hours makes.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:09 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Give Credit to Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.... Yesterday, he wrote about the Chiefs becoming attractive to Tyson Jackson, and are highly considering him for the 3rd overall pick (i wrote about his article yesterday). NOW, 24 hours later, its almost a consensus from all the "experts" on ESPN and SI that he will be a Chief, over Curry.

What a difference of 24 hours makes.


Not really. Peter King wrote about it... a week ago. He deserves those props, not Whittlock. :wink:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
And Pat Kirwin has been talking about it on his show for about a week as well, although I dont think it is a lock over curry by any stretch.

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:18 pm
I think Peter King speculated it last week, as did many other people including Whitlock. Whitlock's article was the first one i read that made Jackson become the most probable pick for the Chiefs, and he released it yesterday morning. After that was published, then we saw all the predictions, Ranging from ESPN, to SI, to Pro Football Weekly, to the local newspapers, change the draft prediction from Aaron Curry to Tyson Jackson. Go to all their websites. It was an overnight switch. ALL HAVE JACKSON NOW. NONE HAD HIM 24 HOURS AGO.

New topic:

I truely hope Da Boss do not pick Darrius Heyward-Bey. Dude is unproven. Who cares about his speed. Go with the sure thing in Crabtree. i would rather have Maclin over DHB.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:29 pm
like I said, Kirwin had Jackson to the Chiefs about 3 days ago in his personal mock and was getting KILLED about it by callers.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:32 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I truely hope Da Boss do not pick Darrius Heyward-Bey. Dude is unproven. Who cares about his speed. Go with the sure thing in Crabtree. i would rather have Maclin over DHB.


DHB will be a bust if he is picked anywhere in the top 50 picks. In the 3rd round might be worth the chance but all he does is run fast and is big. No WR skills. He is a body catcher, has no ability to "gear down" (when a WR slows his route against a zone to find the hole in the zone), and chops his feat on underneath routes thereby giving away the route. He needs A LOT of work.

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:00 pm
I hate my football team
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:23 pm
I love it.

Michael Crabtree a 49er. It's a dream come true. Never thought he'd drop to 10.

Role Player
Posts: 288
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:25 pm
xbay wrote:I love it.

Michael Crabtree a 49er. It's a dream come true. Never thought he'd drop to 10.


Thank you Raiders!!!!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:26 pm
SFWarriors wrote:
xbay wrote:I love it.

Michael Crabtree a 49er. It's a dream come true. Never thought he'd drop to 10.


Thank you Raiders!!!!


Haha, no kidding. I knew it was either Maclin or Hayward-Bey. No way Al Davis takes a possession receiver over a speed receiver.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:29 pm
9ners get crabtree, we get DHB...

@ 5:12-5:15 god damn!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA[/youtube]
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:10 pm
xbay wrote:
SFWarriors wrote:
xbay wrote:I love it.

Michael Crabtree a 49er. It's a dream come true. Never thought he'd drop to 10.


Thank you Raiders!!!!


Haha, no kidding. I knew it was either Maclin or Hayward-Bey. No way Al Davis takes a possession receiver over a speed receiver.


lol james jett 2.0

Although...... if there was ever a quarter back that needed a speedy WR, wouldn't it be JaRus? guy can throw it a mile, and was constantly over-throwing his receivers during the beginning of the year.

what happened to that maclin guy?

EDIT
nevermind
Last edited by first off on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:12 pm
"First, I'd like to thank Al Davis for passing over me so that I can have the chance to play for a team with class and in a city where I don't have to wear a bullet proof vest under my jersey."-Michael Crabtree

Thank you Al Davis for being an idiot.

GO NINERS!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests