San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:15 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:haha the thuggery of the Mighty Ducks (yes, u read that right... Mighty) is getting out matched these first 10 minutes... SJ came to retaliate for every punch, check, whatever they recieve... exciting start.... lets get some goals

Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe bringin the BOOM!

Damn, already 0-3 for the penalty kill... the sharks look incredibly slugglish... ugh, i got a bad feeling about this.., they need to wake up.

Anaheim definitely clogging the lanes. Sharks aren't able to get the speed going. They've got some chances and Hiller has misplayed a couple pucks. We just need to get one early. I hate when they start the period on the power play though

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:haha the thuggery of the Mighty Ducks (yes, u read that right... Mighty) is getting out matched these first 10 minutes... SJ came to retaliate for every punch, check, whatever they recieve... exciting start.... lets get some goals

Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe bringin the BOOM!

Damn, already 0-3 for the penalty kill... the sharks look incredibly slugglish... ugh, i got a bad feeling about this.., they need to wake up.

Anaheim definitely clogging the lanes. Sharks aren't able to get the speed going. They've got some chances and Hiller has misplayed a couple pucks. We just need to get one early. I hate when they start the period on the power play though

yeah me too... its a waste of valuable seconds for both the end of the last period and the start of this one.

although the game is scoreless, its exciting... especially when avoiding writing my essay due tomorrow :mrgreen: :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:34 pm
Oh damn... Anaheim scores... i saw that one coming in this PP... they were passing so beautifully, it was inevitable.

Lets get it back, Sharkies
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:40 am
losing game one was ok... losing game two, now im getting scared. Last yr the sharks had to win game seven just to advance... looks like it has to go either 6 or 7 games and the sharks just might run out of juice again in the next round.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:46 am
RUN HOME JACK wrote:losing game one was ok... losing game two, now im getting scared. Last yr the sharks had to win game seven just to advance... looks like it has to go either 6 or 7 games and the sharks just might run out of juice again in the next round.

yeah this is tough to stomach. The sharks outplay the ducks for most of the game, then take a dumb penalty or turnover in their own zone and its a goal. They need to put up a couple early ones in anaheim. Get Hiller to start doubting himself. THey can still pull it off. Cheech has looked good. Patty's gotta get on track, he almost had one that hiller got a glove on.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:57 pm
Sigh..
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm
well game 4 tonight... lets hope the sharks can tie it up tonight. We just gotta hope that they can get a win back at home for game 5.

Ill be glued on the television screen tonight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 pm
RUN HOME JACK wrote:well game 4 tonight... lets hope the sharks can tie it up tonight. We just gotta hope that they can get a win back at home for game 5.

ME TOO... i'm confident in them though, they are the better team.. they just need to work together more fluidly, and they should be fine.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:33 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RUN HOME JACK wrote:well game 4 tonight... lets hope the sharks can tie it up tonight. We just gotta hope that they can get a win back at home for game 5.

ME TOO... i'm confident in them though, they are the better team.. they just need to work together more fluidly, and they should be fine.

They need to stop turning the damn puck over in their zone. They constantly outplay anaheim. It's like in football. you have a team that runs the ball down the throat of the other teams D. They march 80 yards down field and when they are ready to punch it in , the other team recovers a fumble for TD. They need to stay sharper in their own zone and make better passes. Last game they should have won by 2 or 3 goals. Nabby needs to be in it from the beginning. That first goal he kicked in was weak. and the other one, he could have played the angle better even though he was screened.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:31 pm
DAMMIT... IM SORRY BUT THE WAY THEY ARE PLAYING INTO THE 3RD PERIOD... they are going to lose this game. they better hope they can climb out of a 3-1 hole but damn... this series is pretty much over if they dont score 3 goals this period

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 pm
RUN HOME JACK wrote:DAMMIT... IM SORRY BUT THE WAY THEY ARE PLAYING INTO THE 3RD PERIOD... they are going to lose this game. they better hope they can climb out of a 3-1 hole but damn... this series is pretty much over if they dont score 3 goals this period

There is no passion or teamwork. They seem to be thinking too much, and not play hockey with their instincts.

only like 8 minutes left... down by 2... not looking good
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:32 am
I love the Sharks and all, but they are DONE! I'm not even going to waste my time watching the game tomorrow. The way it looked, a lot of the players already checked out for the season. No sense of urgency at all. So disappointed in this season.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:48 pm
but here we go again... the rest of the country will still look at the sharks as choke artists... ive heard the comparison of being the mavs of the nba... where they do well in the regular season but come playoff time... playing as if they were the team in the 5th to 8th seed definitely not the 1st seed. People can say the ducks arnt a true 8th seed... so what there should be no excuses. Sharks were number 1 in the west for a reason. Sharks have a 2-3 yr window max... after that this team will no longer look at all like it has been the past 4 yrs
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:10 pm
RUN HOME JACK wrote:but here we go again... the rest of the country will still look at the sharks as choke artists... ive heard the comparison of being the mavs of the nba... where they do well in the regular season but come playoff time... playing as if they were the team in the 5th to 8th seed definitely not the 1st seed. People can say the ducks arnt a true 8th seed... so what there should be no excuses. Sharks were number 1 in the west for a reason. Sharks have a 2-3 yr window max... after that this team will no longer look at all like it has been the past 4 yrs

exactly, it shouldn't matter what team they are playing if they are a true contender. But they just seem to play these games like a normal regular season game. Only a few guys showed up last night. Clowe, Pavelski, Boyle. Roenick was ok energy wise, but there is no desperation in this team. Where are your BALLS? Thornton keeps feathering passes into turnovers and i know joes game is passing, but diversify your attack. Shoot the puck. It seemed like anytime the sharks had the puck behind the net the bring out front only to pass it to the point. Kinda gave the ducks a chance to reset. I'm just so tired of it, and as much as I really like the guys on this team , a few of them will probably have to go.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:25 am
Sigh...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board