Mike Brown wins Coach of the Year

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:55 pm
By a landslide. This was news before the DPOY award, but no one posted it.

Good choice, and he deserved it. You look at that roster and you might assume how the hell that team is number one. But when you watch them play and watch the chemistry, you'll know exactly why. Mike Brown has done a great job handling his star and the rest of the team.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 am
Had to be him that got that award. A great season by Cleveland and they might be able to keep Lebron because of it, we'll see how things pan out

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:44 am
Well, I totally disagree with the pick. Ron Jer... er, Stan Van Gundy, for example, or the one who's done the most impressive job this season, George Karl. Tell me who expected Denver to have a season like they just had (and keep in mind they have no Lebron or Dwight Howard on that team).

Mike Brown is a decent coach... but it's also the easy pick. The COY cannot be just the one that has the best player on his team, unless they have a season like Bulls when they got 72 wins.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:50 pm
TMC wrote:Well, I totally disagree with the pick. Ron Jer... er, Stan Van Gundy, for example, or the one who's done the most impressive job this season, George Karl. Tell me who expected Denver to have a season like they just had (and keep in mind they have no Lebron or Dwight Howard on that team).

Mike Brown is a decent coach... but it's also the easy pick. The COY cannot be just the one that has the best player on his team, unless they have a season like Bulls when they got 72 wins.

I think the trade that brought Chauncey Billups was probably the most significant move that helped bring that team over the hump. Because honestly, under Karl before the Billups era, this team was good, but not good enough.

I think you can make a good case for Van Gundy. When Jameer Nelson went down, that was a HUGE blow to the team despite them acquiring Alston to replace him.

Still, when you look at that Cleveland team on paper, they don't look that good. They look like the Cleveland LeBron's. But when you watch them, they're a whole different team.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:53 pm
said it before, i'll say it again.

coaches get too much credit for team success and too much blame for team failures.

i guess in the "spirit" of the NBA Coach of the Year Award, coach Brown should be given the award.

But by no means is he one of the better coaches in the league.

Just sayin...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm
I agree, he's not one of the better coaches in the NBA despite winning the award. He just had a fantastic year this year with the Cavs. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:22 pm
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:Well, I totally disagree with the pick. Ron Jer... er, Stan Van Gundy, for example, or the one who's done the most impressive job this season, George Karl. Tell me who expected Denver to have a season like they just had (and keep in mind they have no Lebron or Dwight Howard on that team).

I think the trade that brought Chauncey Billups was probably the most significant move that helped bring that team over the hump. Because honestly, under Karl before the Billups era, this team was good, but not good enough.

I think you can make a good case for Van Gundy. When Jameer Nelson went down, that was a HUGE blow to the team despite them acquiring Alston to replace him.

Still, when you look at that Cleveland team on paper, they don't look that good. They look like the Cleveland LeBron's. But when you watch them, they're a whole different team.

TMC said it well with Geroge Karl, he has done a great job, but xbay said itin that Cleveland has a pretty bad team still sround Lebron and they just won so many games and finished #1, who would have guessed that

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

TMC said it well with Geroge Karl, he has done a great job, but xbay said itin that Cleveland has a pretty bad team still sround Lebron and they just won so many games and finished #1, who would have guessed that

Yeah, but you have to consider that the Cleveeland Lebron's play in the east. They only got the best record because of that. If they were in the West, there's no way they'd have the best record of the league.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:30 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

Yeah, but you have to consider that the Cleveeland Lebron's play in the east. They only got the best record because of that. If they were in the West, there's no way they'd have the best record of the league.

I agree, but not that sure. That Cleveland team rampaged over pretty much every team, that can't be thrown to the side with the statement of because they play in the east

Return to NBA Forum