Warriors will try again for Bosh

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:11 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Toronto might lose Bosh for nothing.

Not for nothing. It'd be for a sh*tload of cap room, something much more appealing than a couple of scorers with no other skills that can't make their team win. :wink:

that is precisely right TMC. The days of making trades for a player because you dont think you can resign him are over. Letting a guy leave and getting that cap space is a much preferred route for teams then getting players back locked into long term deals for big money. A guy like Maggette is a NEGATIVE in a trade, not a positive.

Toronto, if they lose Bosh for nothing, would be real, real awful, likely worst team in the league material. They really need talent, better in the form of good young players. Crawford and Maggette are not winners, we've covered that for months, but they do what they are good at well, which is score and Crawford's contract is not that bad, with only two years left if he doesn't opt out. Maggette's is bad, but it could be worse, as 10 million a year for what he "produces" as a player is not that bad, there are worse. Belinelli or the lottery pick and BW are what is very appealing, especially for the Raps who need quite a few good pieces. Either of the two young players could end up being nothing, but they could well end up being very good players and both have shown very good ability in limited opportunities.

Worth a try and some conversation :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Toronto might lose Bosh for nothing.

Not for nothing. It'd be for a sh*tload of cap room, something much more appealing than a couple of scorers with no other skills that can't make their team win. :wink:

while i agree with this (taking cap space over dead weight contracts), the other thing to keep in mind is we're talking about toronto here, and it's not that easy to entice free agents to go north of the border. if anything, the raptors might be enticed by young players with an upside who are signed for the next few years.

in oakland, this means monta and andris, not crawford and maggette. colangelo's no dummy, and i think he'd listen and possibly pull the trigger on Bosh if the right pieces were offered, and certainly the right pieces would have to include either monta or andris, as well as either wright or randolph.

any other trade speculation from the warriors is wishful thinking.

if anything, i'd be willing to part with ellis and wright. this trade works but i'd really hate to give up turiaf.

trading for bosh (at least for me) pushes back the development of AR, as i see them basically playing the same position. with a frontcourt of biedrins, randolph, turiaf and a healthy wright, i think our PG black hole is a bigger concern. or point forward, or point whatever the hell it's called in nelly's system. the team needs a floor general not named captain jack. honestly, i'd rather trade for calderon than bosh right now, but he's not going anywhere.

Good points and maybe getting Bosh or any other good PF would only hinder AR. AR maybe can be a SF in the future, but right now he seems like a PFand so NELSON would likely stick him on the bench and give him even less court time than he got this season.

My idea of getting a star big is because most great teams have a star big and winning attracts good players. I'd trade Monta to get a guy like Bosh BUT it could be a negative IF a proper PG is not attained. Monta is no PG, but with a very good PG and either SJackson or Azu (the established players right now, as Belinelli isn't yet) at SG, it could still work well

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 pm
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:i hate kapono and would hate it if he became a warrior.

If it means we get rid of Regrette and Crapford, I'm willing to receive him with open arms. One cancer is better than two, bro. :wink:

i dont think any of the 3 are a cancer by any means. i think all three are terribly overpaid, and yeah i would rather have one bad contract than two bad contracts...but kapono's contract is longer than crawford's and maggette is closer to worth his contract IMO than kapono is to his. if we traded with toronto for bosh and another player id rather it was parker than kapono.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 pm
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:i hate kapono and would hate it if he became a warrior.

If it means we get rid of Regrette and Crapford, I'm willing to receive him with open arms. One cancer is better than two, bro. :wink:

i dont think any of the 3 are a cancer by any means. i think all three are terribly overpaid, and yeah i would rather have one bad contract than two bad contracts...but kapono's contract is longer than crawford's and maggette is closer to worth his contract IMO than kapono is to his. if we traded with toronto for bosh and another player id rather it was parker than kapono.

If you look at it objectively, none of the three (Crawford, Maggette and SJackson) are abusively overpaid. Neither is an absolute crap player that was a mistake to sign to a high salary contract in the first place. There are far worse cases in the nba, now and in the past, of players that are paid more highly in comparison to what they give performance wise. Fact is, the Warriors are actually financially well managed, as far as the roster goes. This season the team is at about 69 million dollars, Foyle's salary comes off the books starting now, so the team is about 60 million as is. Take Crawford away, if he opts out, and you have about 51-52 million in salaries, a VERY good situation financially. Theoretically, you can resign the likes of Watson for 1.5 million and pickup a free agent PG for up to 6-7 million and still be in good salry shape, at about 60 million. Much better than most nba teams!

As for doing that trade in getting Bosh and Kapono, salary wise it is more than alright. Kapono makes just over 6 million next season and for only two more years anyway. For getting rid of Maggette's and Crawford's contracts (sure you give two or three talented young players, but you have to) it is more than feasible

Previous

Return to Trades