Warriors will try again for Bosh

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:And I agree with LeBron. The 09-10 season could make or break if he stays or not. If Cleveland keeps adding pieces and upgrading their bench, I think he'll opt out, but stay in the end with Cleveland. LeBron has all the money in the world he needs from endorsements, I would assume he'd be focusing on winning a title now. And if Cleveland's management can continue to surround LeBron with help, he'll stay.

I'd be SHOCKED if Lebron leaves the Cavs. I think he's gonna stay no matter what, and Wade will do so with Miami. From that group of stars that will be free agents after next season, I only see Bosh leaving his current team (and, if I had to bet, I'd do it for him signing with the Knicks).

I have to agree with you, but I do think that Lebron is very tempted to go to New York, where all the big lights and attention is

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:21 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
first off wrote:5. why would bosh like nelson? don would prob force him to play center most of the time, and run n' gun or not - at the end of the day, players want to be on a winning team. dude wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs.
also, Bron Bron is going to one lucky team next summer, the other contestants in the LeB sweepstakes will have some serious cash to spend (unlike us). Bosh is an all star... do the math.

Okay, but who said Bosh had a problem playing center? Sure, he's a natural 4, but it's not like he's ever said he'd have a problem playing the 5. Also, Bosh wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs? Yeah, that goes for a lot of players in this league. Nash and Kidd want and deserve an NBA title. Dwight Howard wants and deserves to do that. A lot of players want and deserve that.

As for Bron... he's staying in Cleveland. He has a better chance winning in Cleveland than in New York. At least, that's my opinion. And re-signing Bosh would not be a problem. To get him here, you have to give up big contracts. Well, by unloading two huge contracts, you're gaining Bosh's contract. Then, he leaves, and they can open their wallets wide enough to keep him. We will have cash to spend to bring him back if he leaves(which he probably will).

Well said xbay. Bosh can and has played Center and done it well, so if he had to do it here, he could do it well. Also, he'd have more talent here than in Toronto right now. Maybe not a whole lot more, but still pretty considerable and with alot of money to throw at him, as either Maggette or Crawford would be traded for him, as well as a few others.

I also think Lebron will stay in Cleveland, unless they fall next year

Agreed.

And I agree with LeBron. The 09-10 season could make or break if he stays or not. If Cleveland keeps adding pieces and upgrading their bench, I think he'll opt out, but stay in the end with Cleveland. LeBron has all the money in the world he needs from endorsements, I would assume he'd be focusing on winning a title now. And if Cleveland's management can continue to surround LeBron with help, he'll stay.

this is prob what Warriors will offer
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dx8pqp

This is prob what Raps will demand
-Randolph
-Azubuike
-Biedrins or monta

in which case no
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 am
first off wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
first off wrote:5. why would bosh like nelson? don would prob force him to play center most of the time, and run n' gun or not - at the end of the day, players want to be on a winning team. dude wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs.
also, Bron Bron is going to one lucky team next summer, the other contestants in the LeB sweepstakes will have some serious cash to spend (unlike us). Bosh is an all star... do the math.

Okay, but who said Bosh had a problem playing center? Sure, he's a natural 4, but it's not like he's ever said he'd have a problem playing the 5. Also, Bosh wants and deserves to go deep into the playoffs? Yeah, that goes for a lot of players in this league. Nash and Kidd want and deserve an NBA title. Dwight Howard wants and deserves to do that. A lot of players want and deserve that.

As for Bron... he's staying in Cleveland. He has a better chance winning in Cleveland than in New York. At least, that's my opinion. And re-signing Bosh would not be a problem. To get him here, you have to give up big contracts. Well, by unloading two huge contracts, you're gaining Bosh's contract. Then, he leaves, and they can open their wallets wide enough to keep him. We will have cash to spend to bring him back if he leaves(which he probably will).

Well said xbay. Bosh can and has played Center and done it well, so if he had to do it here, he could do it well. Also, he'd have more talent here than in Toronto right now. Maybe not a whole lot more, but still pretty considerable and with alot of money to throw at him, as either Maggette or Crawford would be traded for him, as well as a few others.

I also think Lebron will stay in Cleveland, unless they fall next year

Agreed.

And I agree with LeBron. The 09-10 season could make or break if he stays or not. If Cleveland keeps adding pieces and upgrading their bench, I think he'll opt out, but stay in the end with Cleveland. LeBron has all the money in the world he needs from endorsements, I would assume he'd be focusing on winning a title now. And if Cleveland's management can continue to surround LeBron with help, he'll stay.

this is prob what Warriors will offer
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dx8pqp

This is prob what Raps will demand
-Randolph
-Azubuike
-Biedrins or monta

in which case no

It'll take more than BW, Maggette and Turiaf to get Bosh. Turiaf has done well, but he might not be worth much to the Raps. If we had to give up Monta, do it, he isn't that great..... yet at least. I wouldn't give up AR if we give Monta though, no way, AR might be close to what Bosh is now in two years, never know. Actually, unless Monta improves his defense, he is not much different to Maggette, in that he is a scorer and really nothing else. He is young, yes, but he has to improve in all facets or he is just another scorer, one without a real three point shot so not complete scorer even.

I just think the Raps want depth as well as talent, as they have had little depth for some time now. It's not like most players want to go to Toronto either so getting a fair amount of talent in one trade has to be worth quite a bit to them, especially how their star in question is likely to leave

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:00 am
i'd give up nearly anyone but AR. Oh and no to a combo of Andris AND Monta. One or the other yes

*edit* actually-i would do Biedrins and Monta to get Bosh. Bosh and AR could be scary
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:06 am
Quazza wrote:i'd give up nearly anyone but AR. Oh and no to a combo of Andris AND Monta. One or the other yes

*edit* actually-i would do Biedrins and Monta to get Bosh. Bosh and AR could be scary

I like Biedrins and what he's done, especially this season, yet again improving and being a top 10 Center for sure, but he does get scored on a fair bit I've seen. He can defend, but the guy he's guarding usually does pretty well and that is not a good sign. He is most valuable for fitting well in the team, being a very good rebounder, pretty good shotblocker and not doing anything offensively but hanging around the basket and scoring at close range, a good thing since most of the other players on the team score in every other way and need the ball alot. Bosh would be a good replacement for him and he'd have to be Center if Biedrins were to go for him, because if Turiaf started, he'd be a small Center and then there'd be no backup.

I do think neither Monta or Biedrins would have to go, but if one had to go, so be it, not both

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:30 am
Maggette, Wright and Turiaf for Bosh?---Who wouldn't go for that? Not possible!

(Monta, Biedrins) Az, and AR---We'd have to be crazy! I don't think he quite makes my top 10. His defense is just OK. I'm sorry, he's just not that good. Randolph could be near Bosh's caliber in 3 years. He might not even resign.

We shouldn't give up one position to get another. As I say, if you trade Beans, the Lakers will behead Bosh at Center. Beans and Bosh give us just enough speed and strength.

AMiller would be good to get as PG, but 76ers will do everything they can to keep him, as they still have a team that could make the playoffs, especially if they add one other good young player, they could be a good team in the East.

You might be right. Of course, a month ago, the Suns expressed that they'd consider trading everyone but Nash. I was wondering why, if they weren't planning to extend him? But now it appears they aren't going to resign him. I can't help but wonder why they haven't even mentioned extending Miller?

If we could get Bosh we could then get by with a decent PG like Felton. In a Bosh trade, the one that sweetens the pot, that we do have plenty of is Monta. But there's a chance we wouldn't have to.

If I do say so, I do like my Bosh/PG simplified formula:
Be willing to give up 2 of these 3, ( Monta, Maggette, Crawford ) and 2 of these 3: ( Wright or Turiaf and, Bellinelli ) I might abridge it and say we can't give up Monta, Crawford AND Belli.
War Years
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 am
A more attractive trade for the Raptors would be:

Crawford (if he doesn't opt out), Maggette, Belinelli, BW and the lottery pick (if not top 3) for Bosh and Kapono. That gives plenty of talent for Raps and take Kapono's contract and lack of play off their hands

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 am
migya wrote:A more attractive trade for the Raptors would be:

Crawford (if he doesn't opt out), Maggette, Belinelli, BW and the lottery pick (if not top 3) for Bosh and Kapono. That gives plenty of talent for Raps and take Kapono's contract and lack of play off their hands

As long as the pick is top 3 protected, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Toronto won't. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:43 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:A more attractive trade for the Raptors would be:

As long as the pick is top 3 protected, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Toronto won't. :wink:

Toronto might lose Bosh for nothing. They have Anthony Parker as an unrestricted free agent right now and if he leaves, they are in BIG trouble. If they did this trade, they could decided not resign him, as this could be an improvement over what he gives at SG/SF. They get scorers, youth and ability, up to them what they did with it. That Raps team doesn't have much talent and if they don't keep Marion, but everyone else, they are still a very weak team and then in need of at least two very good players that fit in. Belinelli and BW might never be anything, but they have shown in the limited chances they've had that they can produce and have good skills that can maybe turn into something special. They get two, possibly three starters and a sixth man with this

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 am
migya wrote:Toronto might lose Bosh for nothing.

Not for nothing. It'd be for a sh*tload of cap room, something much more appealing than a couple of scorers with no other skills that can't make their team win. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 pm
TMC wrote:

Not for nothing. It'd be for a sh*tload of cap room, something much more appealing than a couple of scorers with no other skills that can't make their team win. :wink:

that is precisely right TMC. The days of making trades for a player because you dont think you can resign him are over. Letting a guy leave and getting that cap space is a much preferred route for teams then getting players back locked into long term deals for big money. A guy like Maggette is a NEGATIVE in a trade, not a positive.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 pm
i hate kapono and would hate it if he became a warrior.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:07 pm
E-Man wrote:i hate kapono and would hate it if he became a warrior.

If it means we get rid of Regrette and Crapford, I'm willing to receive him with open arms. One cancer is better than two, bro. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:23 pm
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:i hate kapono and would hate it if he became a warrior.

If it means we get rid of Regrette and Crapford, I'm willing to receive him with open arms. One cancer is better than two, bro. :wink:

I really want to know how Crawford can be viewed as a cancer? By all accounts, he is a good teammate and the guys like him. He got screwed over by Nellie, when all the vets were going to take days off and it just ended up being him, but then when he as asked to play again, he did not pull a Marbury, he played.
I agree that Crawford is not a good fit for the team, he and Monta are not a good backcourt, because of their lack of defense and strength, but he is definitely not a cancer.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 pm
TMC wrote:

while i agree with this (taking cap space over dead weight contracts), the other thing to keep in mind is we're talking about toronto here, and it's not that easy to entice free agents to go north of the border. if anything, the raptors might be enticed by young players with an upside who are signed for the next few years.

in oakland, this means monta and andris, not crawford and maggette. colangelo's no dummy, and i think he'd listen and possibly pull the trigger on Bosh if the right pieces were offered, and certainly the right pieces would have to include either monta or andris, as well as either wright or randolph.

any other trade speculation from the warriors is wishful thinking.

if anything, i'd be willing to part with ellis and wright. this trade works but i'd really hate to give up turiaf.

trading for bosh (at least for me) pushes back the development of AR, as i see them basically playing the same position. with a frontcourt of biedrins, randolph, turiaf and a healthy wright, i think our PG black hole is a bigger concern. or point forward, or point whatever the hell it's called in nelly's system. the team needs a floor general not named captain jack. honestly, i'd rather trade for calderon than bosh right now, but he's not going anywhere.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades