Crawford and Maggette out

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 am
A trade for conversation, since there is next to none happening on here the last day or so.

This is all going on the basis of Crawford NOT opting out:

1. Crawford and Maggette for Bosh -
Raps need a scoring, slashing SG and they also need some depth. They get two players that meet the criteria of being able to score in more than one way, as well as being able to get to the basket. They resign Marion and they have their PF to replace Bosh.

Warriors get Bosh to be starting PF and the first superstar bigman since Webber, who never stayed long enough to be a real star anyway. AR has to be SF, maybe a good move anyway.

2. Crawford and Maggette for Amare -
Same as trade #1. With Suns aging and disension with Amare this season, Amare might likely be leaving anyway and Suns might even trade Shaq and lose Nash and Hill as well, or at least one of those three older players might well leave. JRich goes to SF, with Crawford starting and Maggette off the bench like he has been doing here for about a month and a half or more. They could have Maggette at PF like they had Barnes alot and go small ball, a very high octane small ball with Nash and Shaq also in starting five.

Warriors get a star bigman and lose the two undesired players.

3. Crawford and Maggette for Elton Brand -
Same as with trades #1 and #2, but Brand is much more of a question mark tham Bosh and Amare. He is also signed for longer, with four more years left on his contract. If he gets healthy and back to what he was though, Brand is still one of the best PFs there is, top 5 actually. Sixers need outside shooting and they the run and gun type of team as well. Maggette could be 6th man or PF, ahead of Young.

Warriors get a star big man.

4. Crawford and Maggette for Kirilenko and Miles or Brewer -
AK is not what he used to be, but he is still a pretty good player that defends still at a high level, though not what he once was. Jazz have a hole at SG and could use more scoring and both Crawford and Maggette do that. Both would likely start, joining Deron, Boozer and Okur in a potent starting five.

Warriors get AK who could be SF or PF, with AR at the other forward spot, giving perhaps the best shotblocking frontline in the nba for many years. Add BW and Turiaf, best shotblocking team in the league, THAT'S DEFENSE. Not sure whether Nelson would like so much defense, might put him off the whiskey a bit. SJackson could be a SG or either him or Monta moved in another trade, for a very good PG.

Talk you mfukas

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:27 am
I dont care WHAT deal is done...........as long as the end result is a news flash containing the words = "Today, Corey Maggette and Jamal Crawford were traded for........"

Seriously, Ill take anything............expirers, young guys, old guys, proven guys, un-proven guys, proven to be un-proven guys.............ANYthing.

And to be honest, I think it might have to come to that for us...........as Ive been saying since we got both of these useless black holes, the combination of long term/high yearly/low real production/low value/low standing will make both of these very hard to move.

All we can hope for is Crawford accepting the stance we will un-doutedly take of telling him to f*ck off............and some idiotic team, that wants to grind their entire teams chemistry, ball movement, offense and defense to a halt and take Maggette.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 am
bigstrads wrote:I dont care WHAT deal is done...........as long as the end result is a news flash containing the words = "Today, Corey Maggette and Jamal Crawford were traded for........"

Seriously, Ill take anything............expirers, young guys, old guys, proven guys, un-proven guys, proven to be un-proven guys.............ANYthing.

And to be honest, I think it might have to come to that for us...........as Ive been saying since we got both of these useless black holes, the combination of long term/high yearly/low real production/low value/low standing will make both of these very hard to move.

All we can hope for is Crawford accepting the stance we will un-doutedly take of telling him to f*ck off............and some idiotic team, that wants to grind their entire teams chemistry, ball movement, offense and defense to a halt and take Maggette.

So is it #1, #2, #3 or #4
:mrgreen:

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I dont care WHAT deal is done...........as long as the end result is a news flash containing the words = "Today, Corey Maggette and Jamal Crawford were traded for........"

So is it #1, #2, #3 or #4
:mrgreen:

Dude...........you could have come up with "Crawford and Maggette for Sean Marks and Cheikh Samb" and Id be as happy as a pig in filth. :wink:

So to respond to your well thought out proposals, my answer is................yes. :mrgreen:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:52 pm
crawford and wright for davis maggs cab stay are you kidding me. can i hear a sixth man?

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Trading Maggs and Crawford for Bosh would truly be like pulling a rabbit out of our hat! It would eliminate all of our liabilities and answer most of our problems.

Both Bosh and Amare could be a fit. I guess lately I've started to think of Amare as a problematical dickhead. I don't know why, I could be wrong.

Welcome Lobzy, I caught your other posts, as you might have imagined we've talked quite a bit about Baron before you got here.

This trade thread is somewhat of a dreamers thread. I know Migya and I like it. I would dream about Maggs and Crawford for Bosh or Amare. Others would say " Why would the Raptors do it." And that's fine. Keep your dream, but I don't think Baron's coming back.
War Years
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:20 am
War Years wrote:Trading Maggs and Crawford for Bosh would truly be like pulling a rabbit out of our hat! It would eliminate all of our liabilities and answer most of our problems.

Both Bosh and Amare could be a fit. I guess lately I've started to think of Amare as a problematical dickhead. I don't know why, I could be wrong.

Welcome Lobzy, I caught your other posts, as you might have imagined we've talked quite a bit about Baron before you got here.

This trade thread is somewhat of a dreamers thread. I know Migya and I like it. I would dream about Maggs and Crawford for Bosh or Amare. Others would say " Why would the Raptors do it." And that's fine. Keep your dream, but I don't think Baron's coming back.

Baron is gone and isn't coming back, simple as that. Same thing with almost all star players that leave their team, either through their own accord or the choice of the front office.

As much of a "dream" as these trades I stated are, they have possibility and I gave the reasons why. Bosh and Amare might not want to resign with their respective teams and so both Phoenix and Toronto might want something back for them now and play it safe. As I stated, Raps need scorers and slashers, at least one SG that can do that and both Crawford and Maggette can. As for salary, Crawford only has two years left, so they don't get a long contract with him. Maggette's is a longer contract, but he would fit in there as well.

Don't know what Phoenix wants to do in the very near future, as they will certainly lose Hill, Nash and Shaq, either by trade, free agency or retirement. They need good players real fast or they will just have nothing left, Barbosa, JRich and young unknowns really, so they will fall big. Crawford and Maggette at least are talented players that could or coud not blend well with what's already there. Not much chance Phoenix would do such a trade, but worth a try

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 am
about your trade migya:
#1 is obviously good for us, but I don't think we could pull it off
#2 probably the most realistic. assuming he has two functioning eyes next year I'd like to do that.
#3 dude, Brands contract is for 5 years, 80 Mill in total and he's 30. you really think he's worth that? I don't.
#4 Utah is far from our style of basketball. I don't think many of them would fit here

I don't know if we can get rid of both at the same time guys... they don't play well together and everyone sees it.

I'm one of those crazy MFr's that think maggs can be more useful next year. but whatev here's a trade you can put maggs or crawford in:

Crawford (or maggs) for...

Sefolosha and Earl Watson

both are good defensive players... watsons not the best playmaker in the world, but he does some damage at the point.

trading for crawford gives us
Monta / Watson / Watson
Jackson / Morrow / Beli
Azu / Maggs / Sefolosha
Wright / Randolph
AB / Turiaf / JD
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:11 am
first off wrote:about your trade migya:
#1 is obviously good for us, but I don't think we could pull it off
#2 probably the most realistic. assuming he has two functioning eyes next year I'd like to do that.
#3 dude, Brands contract is for 5 years, 80 Mill in total and he's 30. you really think he's worth that? I don't.
#4 Utah is far from our style of basketball. I don't think many of them would fit here

I don't know if we can get rid of both at the same time guys... they don't play well together and everyone sees it.

I'm one of those crazy MFr's that think maggs can be more useful next year. but whatev here's a trade you can put maggs or crawford in:

Crawford (or maggs) for...

Sefolosha and Earl Watson

both are good defensive players... watsons not the best playmaker in the world, but he does some damage at the point.

trading for crawford gives us
Monta / Watson / Watson
Jackson / Morrow / Beli
Azu / Maggs / Sefolosha
Wright / Randolph
AB / Turiaf / JD

Brand is a real question mark, but I think that with what he has done what he's done will more likely than not get back to close to what he was. Thing is, we get rid of Crawford and Maggette and get back a player that we could use.

I think AK would do well here. I still like his skills, obviously defensively he is among the best when he wants to and that is the question with him.

As for that trade with Thunder, I'm not sure. EWatson is definately a capable PG, not among the best, but he can hold his own and likes to pass and does it quite well. Sefolosha is a player I like, more for his defense ability than anything else. He could be a good backup here and he is cheap and signed for cheap for another two years. EWatson is an expirer ofcourse which is a good thing also. Definately a viable trade if Crawford doesn't opt out, but here's the thing, Thunder have no reason at all to do that trade, UNLESS they want to make the playoffs now and think they are better with Green at PF and Durant at SF, then adding Crawford would give them the scoring SG. Think they want to add very young pieces and take it from there, but worth a try anyway

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:39 am
our best option might be to just send magg and crawford away for picks and expiring contracts. i know new orleans should want one of these guys (those guys need another scorer) and heck maybe the bucks or new jersey may take one, who knows. then there is always new york (i wish we could have gotten david lee) and the t wolves memphis and maybe even the bobcats...

i just want them gone for expiring contracts/money and picks so we can get on with playing our young guys (buke morrow randolph even marco)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am
beatman wrote:our best option might be to just send magg and crawford away for picks and expiring contracts. i know new orleans should want one of these guys (those guys need another scorer) and heck maybe the bucks or new jersey may take one, who knows. then there is always new york (i wish we could have gotten david lee) and the t wolves memphis and maybe even the bobcats...

i just want them gone for expiring contracts/money and picks so we can get on with playing our young guys (buke morrow randolph even marco)

The Bucks just gave away Richard Jefferson so they could get some cap relief. Last year, New Orleans tried to give away Tyson Chandler....even though they were in the middle of a playoff run to get some cap relief. The Knicks are not going to add any payroll that will keep them from landing one of the high end FA's after next season. There are most likely not going to be any trades out there for these guys that are going to give the Dubs immediate cap relief or draft pick compensation. There are some contracts out there that could be more beneficial to the Warriors that may be options.

Hinrich, Luol Deng could be in play. If the Bulls lose Ben Gordon, they may be interested in the scoring potential of Maggette. If Riley flips these guys for immediate gratification....its going to take a lot of creativity. Does he have the balls or the brains?? I guess we will see.

Return to Trades