Roto league 1 for 2008-09

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:33 pm
id hate to chime in, as this has nothing to do with me...but i, for one, wouldnt take vince over iggy anyday. iggy averages more assists, steals, and blocks. vince scores more and other than that the only advantage he has is that he hits more 3s. iggy>vince (marginally)...duncan>>>brad miller. if anything id throw in another player to make it at least seem more fair.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:40 am
E-Man wrote:id hate to chime in, as this has nothing to do with me...but i, for one, wouldnt take vince over iggy anyday. iggy averages more assists, steals, and blocks. vince scores more and other than that the only advantage he has is that he hits more 3s. iggy>vince (marginally)...duncan>>>brad miller. if anything id throw in another player to make it at least seem more fair.

Carter gets his rebounds and assists, not as much as Iggy but the difference is not that major. The difference in pints and threes is and Carter's percentages are good too. Trade is off the table now anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:20 am
Guys, I dont know whether this is some kind of error............but check the "Maximum Games" section of your team!!!

WTF??? yesterday, I was pretty much even on how many games I was projected to play, and how many over and under.............NOW!!! Im like "-3" on most of them, and have like "-7" and "-8" :shock:

I dont know what the hell has happend???

It was fine yesterday, now, over night, all this has gone to nuts.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:24 am
bigstrads wrote:Guys, I dont know whether this is some kind of error............but check the "Maximum Games" section of your team!!!

WTF??? yesterday, I was pretty much even on how many games I was projected to play, and how many over and under.............NOW!!! Im like "-3" on most of them, and have like "-7" and "-8" :shock:

I dont know what the hell has happend???

It was fine yesterday, now, over night, all this has gone to nuts.

Yea I've seen that. Think it's just a mistake so ignore it for now. Should be fixed by tomorrow or the next day

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 am
Bigs, no way you get more than that for Duncan. You are second in scoring, close to first actually, so scoring is not what you needed, assists was and you got plenty of steals and very good scoring anyway. Count on Mayo coming down to Earth from what he's doing and, to a lesser extent, Rose. Both are rookies and will only come down from what they've been doing.

If you want that trade again, you offer it to me as I'm not offering anything else for a while

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 am
Man, Im getting abit good at these fantasy adjustments in this league. :shock:

Gone from 2nd place, and 9 points down..........to 2 points ahead in the lead!.............in the space of a couple of weeks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 am
bigstrads wrote:Man, Im getting abit good at these fantasy adjustments in this league. :shock:

Gone from 2nd place, and 9 points down..........to 2 points ahead in the lead!.............in the space of a couple of weeks.

I'm going to end up winning. Look at the games played, I'm on pace to not go over the limit per position and actually going to reach the maximum games played right on the last day, as I'm 0 games over or under. That's the main thing, you can be way ahead now but be many games over the maximum games played limit (on pace that is) so really it is not a true indication

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Man, Im getting abit good at these fantasy adjustments in this league. :shock:

I'm going to end up winning. Look at the games played, I'm on pace to not go over the limit per position and actually going to reach the maximum games played right on the last day, as I'm 0 games over or under. That's the main thing, you can be way ahead now but be many games over the maximum games played limit (on pace that is) so really it is not a true indication

I dont really get that............what do you do, purposefully NOT play people on certain nights? just so you dont go over?

I dont get how I could be over aswell...........your allowed one game per position, per day right?..............either Im not understanding how that works or its pretty stupid, cuz how could I play 2 players in one position like PG and be over the allowed.

Whatever though.........if youve witheld people, and maybe lost a great performance by them, then the games you do play them in might not be as good as the one you witheld them from.

Bah! I dont know these things.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:16 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

I dont really get that............what do you do, purposefully NOT play people on certain nights? just so you dont go over?

I dont get how I could be over aswell...........your allowed one game per position, per day right?..............either Im not understanding how that works or its pretty stupid, cuz how could I play 2 players in one position like PG and be over the allowed.

Whatever though.........if youve witheld people, and maybe lost a great performance by them, then the games you do play them in might not be as good as the one you witheld them from.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to this league for the last two months. What I do though is keep the best players I consider to be at each postion and don't change it for pretty much the whole season. That's for roto leagues ofcourse. Look at your team page and scroll down to just beneath your roster, you will see the Maximum Games table for your team for each roster position. You are over at each position by about five games, have a look yourself. You'll have to make each position inactive for a few games before the end of the season, gradually doing this is best insteas of just putting every player on the bench until the games played is on par with the maximum allowable games at this point in the season.

You'll work it out :wink:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:16 pm
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to this league for the last two months. What I do though is keep the best players I consider to be at each postion and don't change it for pretty much the whole season. That's for roto leagues ofcourse. Look at your team page and scroll down to just beneath your roster, you will see the Maximum Games table for your team for each roster position. You are over at each position by about five games, have a look yourself. You'll have to make each position inactive for a few games before the end of the season, gradually doing this is best insteas of just putting every player on the bench until the games played is on par with the maximum allowable games at this point in the season.

Well, all Ive done is play players when they are playing..........and with each position, unless you arent allowed one game per position per day??? all Ive done is play players when they are playing.

What have I dont to be over? (Ive known thats there all season and tried to be mindful of it in terms of not playing a player in a position thats over, when I have an option to play them in another)...............thats the question really, how/why is it you go over if your allowed one game per position per day?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:26 pm
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Well, all Ive done is play players when they are playing..........and with each position, unless you arent allowed one game per position per day??? all Ive done is play players when they are playing.

What have I dont to be over? (Ive known thats there all season and tried to be mindful of it in terms of not playing a player in a position thats over, when I have an option to play them in another)...............thats the question really, how/why is it you go over if your allowed one game per position per day?

How it is is that the Maximum games per position is set up so it corresponds with the 82 game nba season. So what that means is that if there is ONE PG position on a roster, there is an 82 game limit for the season. If there are TWO PG positons, for example, the limit will be 164 games (82 x 2). This is so there is an even playing field and you are judged on the quality of the players you chose to play at each position

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:29 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

How it is is that the Maximum games per position is set up so it corresponds with the 82 game nba season. So what that means is that if there is ONE PG position on a roster, there is an 82 game limit for the season. If there are TWO PG positons, for example, the limit will be 164 games (82 x 2). This is so there is an even playing field and you are judged on the quality of the players you chose to play at each position

Ok, I get it now...............because Im playing players in certain positions every day, if it was a real team they wouldnt be playing every day.............hence why I go over the games allowed, because the season doesnt last exactly 82 days..................duhh Bigs. :roll: :oops:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:43 pm
Season finished and as I predicted, I won.

Final Standings:

1. migyabuttkikers 39
2. Bigs Doesnt Know 36
3. Don't F###K With Me 33
4. S.F Warriors 31
5. d1mex 28
6. Robdikum 22

Good competition fellas and be good to play again next year

Previous

Return to Fantasy League Forum