What about Marion?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Marion??

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 4

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:39 am
Im not a huge fan of Marion, but I think he would be a good fit into the front court of this team. A lineup of Monta/ SJax/ Marion/ Randolph/ Biedrins is a pretty good starting lineup with CJ/ Buike/ Maggs/ BWright/ Turiaf on the bench. I dont know what it would take to get Marion, I really dont think he will get huge $$, but I believe it will take more than the MLE. If we cannot get a PG, I think SF is the position that needs to be filled, especially if Jackson is going to be playing in the backcourt.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 pm
I'd like Marion here, but he'll be asking for a ton of money, which we don't have.

BTW, if he's here, I would want Maggette out.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:35 pm
I thought Marion was somewhat of a protender, a product of the Phoenix system, with the way he was pretty average in Miami, but he came on strong the last two weeks or so of the season in Toronto, so he can still perform well. What I think, going by what he's done, is that he needs a very good PG to play well, like he had with Nash and Calderon. We don't have one here, so he's effectiveness is really a question mark. He'd be a great fit as SF in Nelson's system I think, but not sure how good he'd be. No way is he worth even 10 million now, just too unsure of what he'll play like. For what Crawford's on, I'd do it, but only a three year deal. Marion's about 30 years old anyway so more than three years is a bit of a risk. If Crawford goes, there's money to get Marion for the same amount Crawford gets and Maggette would be out of place as well, likely getting little court time (or Azu getting little court time which is wrong), so he'd have to go as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 pm
Also, let's keep in mind that Toronto will try to keep him, and he's already said he wouldn't mind staying there. We'd need to come with a BIG offer and our salary cap situation ain't that great.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 am
TMC wrote:Also, let's keep in mind that Toronto will try to keep him, and he's already said he wouldn't mind staying there. We'd need to come with a BIG offer and our salary cap situation ain't that great.

Yea, Raptors need to keep him, but they're smart if the don't offer more than 10-11 million for him and at the same time look for a replacement. With Bargnani finally emerging and playing well, they need a SG capable of taking it to the basket and being a factor more than anything else

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:54 am
has already said he wants to play for a contender

Thats us out

Return to NBA Forum