The LOST thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:39 am
Can we all agree lost officially blows? they should change the title to WTF?

only good part of this weeks episode http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/0505/album31/tania-raymonde08120601.jpg

good god. she makes me happy I can see.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:54 am
first off wrote:

aww poo. all my favorite shows are slowly going down the tubes this year
- daily show - still OK but not great like it once was.
- the office - not as exciting as it used to be.
- 30 rock - same
- lost - writing's getting sloppy.
- south park has just really lost it.

Dude... you do know there was a writers strike last year...

Tinseltown had drug dealers going out of business cause Hollywood types weren't sniffing blow and smoking dope.

This 2009 series of shows gonna be ****, But wait till the followup seasons after this writers strike.. theres gonna be a lot of Hunter S Thompsons coming out the woodwork.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:47 pm
Although I think this is probably the least entertaining season of LOST, it is still a pretty good season. First Off, u exaggerate the living crap out of shows decline, U damn Debbie Downer :mrgreen: (im joking, so don't go all anal on me). But seriously, its not that bad.

The reason why I think many people hate this show, is that their getting their wish. People criticized the show for answering 1 question with 2 more. Now that their answering questions, it takes away the imagination part of the show's greatness Part of the intrigue and brilliance of this show were the questions being ask, and how intellegent the show was.

People Naively say "Oh this show sucked after season 1"... something stupid like that. Seasons 1 and 2 were equally as good. Same style of presenting the story, same equally brilliant substance. Its tough to distinguish the two as their both equally good. Season 3 was a little bit sloppy (especially the first half of that season) it was too Kate, Jack, Sawyer happy. But they cleaned up their act mid season and gave us Fans the best season Finale with the flash foreward. Season 4 was brilliant again, just as good as season's 1 and 2. Then season 5 has gone off the tracks again (though not as bad as people make it out to be... i think all the commercials are pissing people off).

The point is, LOST rules! SO STFU if u don't like it (aight?). I think the show will come together real nice, actually.

P.S. This episode was pretty alright. Like it opens the question of those new plane riders (that chick that was with Sayed) and what their deal is. And now we know how Ben got his ass kicked and how Charles Widmore left the island (well, for the most part). SO i think the episode did its job.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:22 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Although I think this is probably the least entertaining season of LOST, it is still a pretty good season. First Off, u exaggerate the living crap out of shows decline, U damn Debbie Downer :mrgreen: (im joking, so don't go all anal on me). But seriously, its not that bad.

The reason why I think many people hate this show, is that their getting their wish. People criticized the show for answering 1 question with 2 more. Now that their answering questions, it takes away the imagination part of the show's greatness Part of the intrigue and brilliance of this show were the questions being ask, and how intellegent the show was.

People Naively say "Oh this show sucked after season 1"... something stupid like that. Seasons 1 and 2 were equally as good. Same style of presenting the story, same equally brilliant substance. Its tough to distinguish the two as their both equally good. Season 3 was a little bit sloppy (especially the first half of that season) it was too Kate, Jack, Sawyer happy. But they cleaned up their act mid season and gave us Fans the best season Finale with the flash foreward. Season 4 was brilliant again, just as good as season's 1 and 2. Then season 5 has gone off the tracks again (though not as bad as people make it out to be... i think all the commercials are pissing people off).

The point is, LOST rules! SO STFU if u don't like it (aight?). I think the show will come together real nice, actually.

P.S. This episode was pretty alright. Like it opens the question of those new plane riders (that chick that was with Sayed) and what their deal is. And now we know how Ben got his ass kicked and how Charles Widmore left the island (well, for the most part). SO i think the episode did its job.

I'd prefer to be called a Negative Nancy :mrgreen:

some people are going to like things, some people are going to hate things. you can't always isolate the two. if my post are really ruining your LOST viewing experience, then just skip over them. problem solved

PS
if I didn't like it a little I wouldn't watch. :) look forward to arguing about it with you next week...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:37 pm
i really enjoyed this episode..

we see Bens soul get cleansed by teh monster..he has a encounter with his own daughter.

but the scene i loved the most was desmond coming out of nowhere and crash tackling benjamin (always gotta love Benjamin getting whooped on)
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:00 pm
I can't wait for this next episode. We get to FINALLY figure some stuff out about Miles. The preview also implies that he is the reason they are in 1977 as he went there intentionally to meet with Marvin Candle. Very very intriguing!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 pm
Yeah pawno... desmond's Kirk Morrison esque tackle of ol ben... i was hoping they didn't kill penny, cuz Desmond and penny are the only non-annoying couples this show got. Well... and Bernard and Rose (BTW, where they hell did they go?)

Capt, where did u hear that this weeks episode is gonna be about Miles?... was it on the preview... Miles is a pretty misterious dude, so its gonna be cool to see more on what exactly his deal is. Isn't his dad marvin candle (or an assumption that he is)?

I guess we will wait and see tomorrow night... and also most likely argue more with the fallible first off!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 pm
you know what? I just rewatched the last episode of lost, it wasn't so bad. I think ben is the most interesting character on show, his story is well written, and the actor that plays ben is really good.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Yeah pawno... desmond's Kirk Morrison esque tackle of ol ben... i was hoping they didn't kill penny, cuz Desmond and penny are the only non-annoying couples this show got. Well... and Bernard and Rose (BTW, where they hell did they go?)

Capt, where did u hear that this weeks episode is gonna be about Miles?... was it on the preview... Miles is a pretty misterious dude, so its gonna be cool to see more on what exactly his deal is. Isn't his dad marvin candle (or an assumption that he is)?

I guess we will wait and see tomorrow night... and also most likely argue more with the fallible first off!

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... o-and.html

Watch the video (it's just the promo, it's not really a spoiler despite the title of the blog). There is other information about the show including some plot points on the main page of that same website if you're interested.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Yeah pawno... desmond's Kirk Morrison esque tackle of ol ben... i was hoping they didn't kill penny, cuz Desmond and penny are the only non-annoying couples this show got. Well... and Bernard and Rose (BTW, where they hell did they go?)

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... o-and.html

Watch the video (it's just the promo, it's not really a spoiler despite the title of the blog). There is other information about the show including some plot points on the main page of that same website if you're interested.

interesting... thanks capt.

Oh and First off, im glad the last ep "wasn't so bad"... i still dont get how u liked it more after you "rewatched it" the second time, in contrast to the first time.... AT LEAST YOUR MAKING PROGRESS. :mrgreen:

I think Ben is a pretty interesting character. Michael Emerson, the actor that plays him, does a phenominal job. He was only suppose to be a character that lasted only a few eposodes, but because he did such a good job, they rewrote him into the main plot of the show. Dude deserves it.

Most interesting is probably John Locke in my opinion. although not my fav. character, i think he has the most interesting background story and interesting character development in the island. I like Faraday, Miles, Eko and Desmond too, along with Ben as mentioned earlier. My favorite character however died 2 seasons ago in Charlie, dude rocked. I want to know more about who the hell Richard Halpert ACTUALLY is? like, with all this air time, i still dont know much who this dude is?

The main charactors in this show are ok for me, not great, not bad (jake, sawyer, kate, juliet, hurley, sayed, jin, sun, michael, and whoever else i missed)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 pm
SPOILER ALERT:

LOST was pretty kick asss... i liked it. The whole miles story, mixed in with hurley (who really has disappeared until this episode) reminded me of the classic style of episodes we saw in the first couple seasons. Plus Faraday coming back... we don't know how he left in the first place, so i cant wait to see whats up with that. No LOST next week... damn.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:SPOILER ALERT:

LOST was pretty kick asss... i liked it.

all I read was this, hope you're right... but I'll probably hate on it when I watch it tom.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:41 am
Holy shiit I forgot to post here!

guess what people? last episode was the best one since that episode where Desmond travels through time and reunites with penny (i think that was in the fourth season?). Well done lost. an actual theme (hugo and that asian guy's dads ditiching), actual humor with the star wars script, nice dialogue and chemistry between the characters...

here's the test, if you can watch it with someone that hasn't watched lost and they enjoy it, then it's good. wouldn't you guys agree?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:25 am
first off wrote:Holy shiit I forgot to post here!

guess what people? last episode was the best one since that episode where Desmond travels through time and reunites with penny (i think that was in the fourth season?). Well done lost. an actual theme (hugo and that asian guy's dads ditiching), actual humor with the star wars script, nice dialogue and chemistry between the characters...

here's the test, if you can watch it with someone that hasn't watched lost and they enjoy it, then it's good. wouldn't you guys agree?

Yeah Hugo and Miles have great chemistry.. actually Hurley gets along with most people.. But for them both to be braindead i can speak to dead people they both exerberate a lot of sattire and humor into there roles.

I got to say that Hugo episodes are a good change of pace compared to Ben and Locke trying to take over the island.. i think it's so cool Faraday is back too... left me salivating for the next episode... he'll have a bit to explain about the island.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm
GO WATCH LOST
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum