Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:45 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I had a very good day and think I have the lead 7-2. JHoward was a beast on steals today TMC, got seven

Those 7 steals were the only good thing that happened to me last day. My guys haven't sucked, but have been very average so far...

It's gonna be tough to recover from the hole I'm in right now. Two categories are almost lost already (assists and, probably, rebounds) and I won't have an easy time recovering ground in the others.

It is not one week until Sunday, it is until next Wednesday when the regular season ends. Anything can happen and it is definately not over

Yeah, I know it lasts til next wednesday. And I'm not saying it's over, just that I can't see me recovering at those two categories unless some of your guys start missing games... but most categories are still up in the air, so it's not like I'm giving up or anything.

Yea, I thought I had the major advantage in rebounds, assists and blocks, so I thought I just needed another two categories. I see the percentages looking good for me as well as threes, but it is still early.

Looks like Pawno will indeed fall. Had he made the championship playoffs he likely would have been hammered first week :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:12 am
Fukin unbelievable! It was 11.59pm East U.S. time, I add a player to my roster for Tuesday, as I add the player it states that that player will be on Tuesday's roster, when I complete the player change the clock clicks over to 12.00am and low and behold that player appears on Wednesday's roster and not Tuesday's! Really stupid and unfair I think. Hope that isn't the difference between me winning and losing.

Really a battle right now and I thought I'd have an advantage at rebounding and especially blocks, but it is pretty much even in those two categories

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:44 am
migya wrote:Fukin unbelievable! It was 11.59pm East U.S. time, I add a player to my roster for Tuesday, as I add the player it states that that player will be on Tuesday's roster, when I complete the player change the clock clicks over to 12.00am and low and behold that player appears on Wednesday's roster and not Tuesday's! Really stupid and unfair I think. Hope that isn't the difference between me winning and losing.

Haha, got caught on your own trick... :wink:

migya wrote:Really a battle right now and I thought I'd have an advantage at rebounding and especially blocks, but it is pretty much even in those two categories

Yeah, I figured I would lose those two, so I've added Haywood and Bynum and those moves seem to be helping. The only categories that ain't close are assists and TOs, one for each.

One thing I don't like is that some teams are already resting some of their key guys, like Orlando with Dwight and Dallas with Josh Howard. It's a big problem for the final week of each fantasy league, because, between injuries and guys resting for the playoffs, teams rarely are at their best.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:57 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Really a battle right now and I thought I'd have an advantage at rebounding and especially blocks, but it is pretty much even in those two categories

Yeah, I figured I would lose those two, so I've added Haywood and Bynum and those moves seem to be helping. The only categories that ain't close are assists and TOs, one for each.

One thing I don't like is that some teams are already resting some of their key guys, like Orlando with Dwight and Dallas with Josh Howard. It's a big problem for the final week of each fantasy league, because, between injuries and guys resting for the playoffs, teams rarely are at their best.

I just got shafted today with Horford and JSmith playing fukall and doing fukall. That really stuffed me as I needed a big night from them. I'm not sure if I should play them tomorrow or not or replace them with the two guys on the bench that are playing as well. Fukin make or break decision that one might be.

Looks like you've got steals and blocks almost wrapped up and points definately, about 76 points you are ahead by. I've got to keep threes and get rebounds to win. Definately a memorable matchup that is amongst the best I've ever had.

As much as it would be something that you win, after falling for some three weeks straight, it would be fitting, special and as improbable as it gets if I win, as I was in the bottom six, looking like I had close to no chance to make the top 6 and then I went on a roll and kept winning to get to this point, the last day of the season and a chance of winning it all

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 pm
migya wrote:I just got shafted today with Horford and JSmith playing fukall and doing fukall. That really stuffed me as I needed a big night from them. I'm not sure if I should play them tomorrow or not or replace them with the two guys on the bench that are playing as well. Fukin make or break decision that one might be.

That's what I was talking about. Teams that already have their playoff spot locked do not care that much about games, and their key guys rest or, if they play, coast til the playoffs start. That really hurts the fantasy league finals.

I think the league should end one week sooner. That way, everybody (most of them, at least) still would be playing for something, which would avoid days like these.

migya wrote:Looks like you've got steals and blocks almost wrapped up and points definately, about 76 points you are ahead by. I've got to keep threes and get rebounds to win. Definately a memorable matchup that is amongst the best I've ever had.

Yeah, it's also the closest matchup I've ever been involved. I'm just happy it happened in the finals.

migya wrote:As much as it would be something that you win, after falling for some three weeks straight, it would be fitting, special and as improbable as it gets if I win, as I was in the bottom six, looking like I had close to no chance to make the top 6 and then I went on a roll and kept winning to get to this point, the last day of the season and a chance of winning it all

Hey, I've never won a bball league (and just one NFL one), so winning it after the rollercoaster this season has been truly would be something. And you've won more than a few, buddy. Don't be so selfish. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:50 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I just got shafted today with Horford and JSmith playing fukall and doing fukall. That really stuffed me as I needed a big night from them. I'm not sure if I should play them tomorrow or not or replace them with the two guys on the bench that are playing as well. Fukin make or break decision that one might be.

That's what I was talking about. Teams that already have their playoff spot locked do not care that much about games, and their key guys rest or, if they play, coast til the playoffs start. That really hurts the fantasy league finals.

I think the league should end one week sooner. That way, everybody (most of them, at least) still would be playing for something, which would avoid days like these.

I have to agree, really stuffs things up for the finals matchups. What should happen is that the final week should be just that, ONE week, finishing on the Sunday, not the following Tuesday, Wednesday or whatever. Teams almost always play normally up until about the last two or three games

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:As much as it would be something that you win, after falling for some three weeks straight, it would be fitting, special and as improbable as it gets if I win, as I was in the bottom six, looking like I had close to no chance to make the top 6 and then I went on a roll and kept winning to get to this point, the last day of the season and a chance of winning it all

Hey, I've never won a bball league (and just one NFL one), so winning it after the rollercoaster this season has been truly would be something. And you've won more than a few, buddy. Don't be so selfish. :mrgreen:

I will be selfish. I want to win! :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 pm
Congratulations TMC, looks like you won by my calculations.

Looks like you won by 6 rebounds and overtook me in threes for the first time in this matchup, winning by 3 in that category. You had two players out and Hinrich had an awful performance. I had one player out and a few others who either didn't play much or had ordinary performances.

Good to see you win in your third year.

It's who's best on the week, not over the regular season, as me and TMC showed this year

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:58 am
Fantasy nba season is over for 2008/09.

Aussie beat William in a close matchup to get seventh place and win the consolation playoffs. Aussie won by four rebounds, very close indeed and William obviously didn't pay attention this last week, because he didn't change his lineup, he would have won if he had.

Crackerz beat Pawno to get ninth place. This matchup was so close that two categories ended up tied. Don't think both these guys changed their lineups every day, but it evened out anyway.

Fine beat Jimbob to get third place in another close matchup. Most vategories were close and the changes Fine made looked to be the difference, smart moves they were.

TMC beat me to be the champion for 2008/09. This is the first time TMC has won and it is his third year, not bad at all. I was winning in threes all week and he overtakes me on the last day. Rebounds was the other category that was going to decide this and TMC won that by six. A worthy champion is TMC.

Be good to do this again next year, even add a few more people to make it interesting. Me, TMC and xbay have been in this through the forum for a few years now and I think this is EMan's second straight year as well. Be good to continue this year to year and even have another league where it is a Keeper league, apparently where you keep players from one year to the next

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14 am
migya wrote:Congratulations TMC, looks like you won by my calculations.

Thanks, man. I've loved this matchup. It was close til the very last day, and I was losing for most of the first week. I actually thought I was going to lose, but a couple of moves to improve my boards and blocks and some of your guys cruising the last two games of the season did the trick (although some of my guys also missed games).

migya wrote:Looks like you won by 6 rebounds and overtook me in threes for the first time in this matchup, winning by 3 in that category. You had two players out and Hinrich had an awful performance. I had one player out and a few others who either didn't play much or had ordinary performances.

Good to see you win in your third year.

Yeah, I was cursing at the Wizards boxscore when I saw those DNP-CD near Haywood and Jamison... :wink:

migya wrote:It's who's best on the week, not over the regular season, as me and TMC showed this year

Yep, as I said in the last week of the regular season, the only think that matter is making the playoffs. The spot is absolutely irrelevant, as is the bye week.

Thanks everybody for joining us in the this league. I really hope we all can make it again next year.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:56 pm
congrats to TMC! (You're welcome regarding that David Lee trade)

Nice playing with you all. Very fun and competitive league it was.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Previous

Return to Fantasy League Forum