*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:52 am
Erik Spoelstra might be a great coach someday, I don't know... but he's hurting his team by not playing Michael Beasley more. He's also the single reason he's not going to be ROY, and he better realizes he can't keep the second best offensive weapon of his team (and would be first on lots of teams) on the bench if the Heat want to have a chance in the playoffs.

We like to talk about how much Nellie has hurt Randolph's development by not playing him, but Beasley should be getter 35 mpg, and he's not even playing 25. So what if his defense is below average?. Let the kid play and learn on the court, dammit!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:44 am
TMC wrote:Erik Spoelstra might be a great coach someday, I don't know... but he's hurting his team by not playing Michael Beasley more. He's also the single reason he's not going to be ROY, and he better realizes he can't keep the second best offensive weapon of his team (and would be first on lots of teams) on the bench if the Heat want to have a chance in the playoffs.

We like to talk about how much Nellie has hurt Randolph's development by not playing him, but Beasley should be getter 35 mpg, and he's not even playing 25. So what if his defense is below average?. Let the kid play and learn on the court, dammit!!!

Beasley has been playing more lately and playing real well, scoring over 20pts the last few games

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:20 am
Jazz currently the 8th seed... wow, this team is pretty loaded and capable of pulling an upset on the lakers. Even more capable of doin so to the Nuggets if they make the 7th.

The West is just ridiculously amazing
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:39 am
Man, the Hornets miss Jannero Pargo. Without Chris Paul they would have the worst record in the league. Their backup players and really the rest of the team besides CP, West and Peja and Chandler are complete garbagio.

That's why Chris get's my MVP vote
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:34 pm
David Wood wrote:Man, the Hornets miss Jannero Pargo. Without Chris Paul they would have the worst record in the league. Their backup players and really the rest of the team besides CP, West and Peja and Chandler are complete garbagio.

I've thought that about the Hornets for over two years now. That team is utter garbage without Chris Paul, probably moreso than any other team without their star

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:56 pm
David Wood wrote:Man, the Hornets miss Jannero Pargo. Without Chris Paul they would have the worst record in the league. Their backup players and really the rest of the team besides CP, West and Peja and Chandler are complete garbagio.

No kidding. It was a huge mistake for them to let Pargo go.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 am

Rasual Butler has had a pretty good season. I'd put him up there with the guys you mentioned... and probably would degrade Peja to the utter crap category.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 am
I don't know man, Butler is a pretty big brick machine. At least when healthy, Peja can knock down shots.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:17 pm
David Wood wrote:I don't know man, Butler is a pretty big brick machine. At least when healthy, Peja can knock down shots.

Well, stats don't say that. Peja has a missed a ton of games, but even when healthy, he was shooting .384 from 3pt land. Butler has been shooting slightly better, a .393. The difference also favors Butler when you compare their FG% (.403 for Peja and .438 for Butler), so stats prove that Rasual has been marginally better this year.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:42 pm
xbay wrote:

they didn't let pargo go. pargo signed with russia. mo money mo problems.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:33 am
saintdee wrote:
xbay wrote:

they didn't let pargo go. pargo signed with russia. mo money mo problems.

Oh I see. Russia must of paid him a lot then. Because I'm pretty sure the Hornets wanted him back, but Russia stole them away from them by paying them moolah that he really wasn't worth in US dollars.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:51 pm
A lot of ex-warriors on playoff teams. Pietrus, Donyell, Joe Smith, Dampier, Foyle, and the oh so lucky Josh Powell, who quite possibly stands the best chance at winning a title.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:01 am
can someone tell me how Robin Lopez got a vote for second place on the ROY awards? did one reporter mistake him for brooke lopez?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:11 am
saintdee wrote:can someone tell me how Robin Lopez got a vote for second place on the ROY awards? did one reporter mistake him for brooke lopez?

Yep, it's gotta be that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:26 pm
TMC wrote:
saintdee wrote:can someone tell me how Robin Lopez got a vote for second place on the ROY awards? did one reporter mistake him for brooke lopez?

Yep, it's gotta be that.

Yeah, they've been mixed up by many throughout the season a lot. I'll admit that I called Robin Brook and vice versa sometimes.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum