Why we wont trade Dunleavy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:17 pm
1) He cannot be traded this year because his salary jumps up next year by more than 15% next year
2)Dunleavy isnt even performing up to his mediocre self, so we can unload him.
3)Pietrus sucks! He is only marginally better than dunleavy when he is not playing :)
4)Can we really let this guy go, he is the only thing that helps me alleviate the frustration that foyle created with his stone hands. And his supposed great defense that somehow just falls short every freaking time

Sorry to blast your bubbles everyone, but Mickey D is here to stay.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:28 pm
The Real Newman wrote:1) He cannot be traded this year because his salary jumps up next year by more than 15% next year
3)Pietrus sucks! He is only marginally better than dunleavy when he is not playing :)
4)Can we really let this guy go, he is the only thing that helps me alleviate the frustration that foyle created with his stone hands. And his supposed great defense that somehow just falls short every freaking time

It's so true, right now, the only thing I can add is

:batmaan:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:15 pm
I agree, his increased contract makes it harder to trade him now (not that I'd want to, really). I dunno if I'd take part in all the Dun bashing, though. He's been really good some games, really bad others. He's just sporadic. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. Discounting the obvious talents that he has does nothing. He's a good shooter (sometimes), a good rebounder (sometimes), a good passer (sometimes), and a good ball-handler (sometimes). To say he isn't is ignorant.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:26 pm
The Real Newman wrote:1) He cannot be traded this year because his salary jumps up next year by more than 15% next year

Very true! But I would take Pietrus over Dunleavy any day!

It is alright to talk on both dun and alfoil :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:47 am
#32 wrote:I agree, his increased contract makes it harder to trade him now (not that I'd want to, really). I dunno if I'd take part in all the Dun bashing, though. He's been really good some games, really bad others. He's just sporadic. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. Discounting the obvious talents that he has does nothing. He's a good shooter (sometimes), a good rebounder (sometimes), a good passer (sometimes), and a good ball-handler (sometimes). To say he isn't is ignorant.

Nobody is saying he isn't. But maybe we should only pay him "sometimes".
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:47 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:I agree, his increased contract makes it harder to trade him now (not that I'd want to, really). I dunno if I'd take part in all the Dun bashing, though. He's been really good some games, really bad others. He's just sporadic. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. Discounting the obvious talents that he has does nothing. He's a good shooter (sometimes), a good rebounder (sometimes), a good passer (sometimes), and a good ball-handler (sometimes). To say he isn't is ignorant.

Right on the money again TMC :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:44 pm
TMC wrote:

Wow that was an awesome comeback!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:45 pm
TMC wrote:

LoL......I totally agree #32 and still think Jr will get it together [-o<
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:02 pm
#32 wrote:[Dunleavy's] a good shooter (sometimes), a good rebounder (sometimes), a good passer (sometimes), and a good ball-handler (sometimes). To say he isn't is ignorant.

Just like Shaq is a good free throw shooter(sometimes), O.J. Simpson is innocent(sometimes), and an eight dollar hooker gives a good BJ(sometimes).
:)

Player would u want your Air Bags to work(sometimes.) I am so tired of people giving this guy benifit of the doubt. Dunleavy is not your guy, he is
the devil, and he is here to make your life as a GSW fan, a living hell. :evil:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:17 am
The Real Newman wrote:Just like Shaq is a good free throw shooter(sometimes), O.J. Simpson is innocent(sometimes), and an eight dollar hooker gives a good BJ(sometimes).

Player would u want your Air Bags to work(sometimes.) I am so tired of people giving this guy benifit of the doubt. Dunleavy is not your guy, he is

That's it. Agressive hating...

I love it. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:35 am
The Real Newman wrote:Just like Shaq is a good free throw shooter(sometimes), O.J. Simpson is innocent(sometimes), and an eight dollar hooker gives a good BJ(sometimes).
:) :

Absolutely brilliant! :D

The Real Newman wrote:Player would u want your Air Bags to work(sometimes.) I am so tired of people giving this guy benifit of the doubt. Dunleavy is not your guy, he is

Yep - Absolutely brilliant! :D

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:36 am
I really love you guys!!!!!!

Great entertainment on here! :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:04 pm

I dunno if all those 1 in a million examples are as reliable as Mike's scoring. Check his game logs. He's much more consistent than Shaq's good free throw games. He scores sporadically. He'll get 20, then 3, then 14, then 5, then 0, then 24... having a 15+ point game every 5 games isn't bad for a 4th or 5th option.

The Real Newman wrote:Player would u want your Air Bags to work(sometimes.) I am so tired of people giving this guy benifit of the doubt. Dunleavy is not your guy, he is

To say Dunleavy's the Warrior's "airbags" isn't true. That implies a last line of defense, something I don't think we'd ever trust Mike with. Honestly, when was the last time you saw Dunleavy take a shot in crunch time? Not since his sophomore year in the league, I'll bet. When he's hot, he's hot... when he's cold, he's cold. It's a half and half ordeal, not one good game every 3 months, like you're making it seem. Give the guy proper credit. He's not a reliable player, but he's a good one to have as a 4th option because he can come up big on various nights. Isn't that the ideal 4th or 5th option? A guy who has a great game every once and a while?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:09 pm
Im sure you dont pay a fourth or fifth option 7-8 million a year.

Im also sure you dont draft a 4th or 5th option with the third overall pick.

And im also sure your 4th or 5th option should be able to play defense if he only has a 'good offensive game' once a week.

I guess thats whats wrong with organization, too many people making excuses for the failures of the front office.

Defending Dunleavy as the 4th or 5th option is downright sad, but i guess coming from a defender of all thats mediocre its just funny.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:36 pm
Just read some other #32 posts and i have to retract the comment about him defending all thats mediocre. i thought he was the OG Broe guy.

My bad....
Next

Return to Trades