GSW Analysis

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Would Adonyl make the team at a top collegiate program?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:44 am

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 4

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:44 am
It is getting difficult to even watch the GSW lately. It reminds me of the previous losing GSW teams. They just seem to cave in. Their defense is also like the previous teams: "Hope the Other Guys Miss!"

Their rebounding philosophy is "Hope the Ball Bounces to Me!"

I mean, think about it. When is the last time you can remember everybody screening out their man and our big men CRASHING the boards? What's up with the coaching staff? Every good college team in the country knows how to screen out. Any good high school team does, too.

I don't like to be overly critical, but these guys are getting paid millions to just play basketball. Can't we at least require that they demonstrate good basic skills?

Every team in the NBA has the GSW figured out. Go inside. You will either score or will draw a foul. Don't worry, all the perimeter players will let you go inside.

Why do you think every opponent is scoring so much in the paint and getting so many second chance points? Just a coincidence? They have discovered the GSW weakness and they will ruthlessly exploit it, as they should, until the coaching staff does something about it.

I think Adonyl should be moved to third in the center rotation. He can barely make a lay-up or a three foot hook shot! Everybody cheers when he makes a basket, like he is a high school JV player! Start Andris and bring in Zarko as a back-up. Get on the phones, Mully.

Question: Would Adonyl even make the team in a top collegiate program?

I'm sorry to say I don't think Mike D. is going to make it to the next level. I have been patient and supportive, but I have to agree that he is becoming a liability. He's too sensitive for pro basketball. He gets upset or moody or depressed way too easily and then he shuts down. When is Air France returning?

I have been a GSW fan since the Rick Barry days in the old Cow Palace. But lately I find it difficult to even watch. Maybe the players are a little too secure. They need to understand that they are getting paid MILLIONS to play good basketball. If they don't produce, they ride the pine or get traded. That's the NBA.

I keep hearing about the "good chemistry" the GSW have. I really don't see it. They don't play in rhythm. They play moody and tense. Look at how the Nets blew them out. The Nets were having fun. The new Lakers, under one of the greatest coaches in history, play loose and relaxed.

Note to Baron: I see you hustling. Keep it in control. I know you are hating this slide, but when a good player tries to take it all on himself, injuries can happen. Play within yourself. We need you healthy.

It might be time for a little talk from Mully to the players AND the coaches. Kick it up a notch, NOW, or I may have to do an Isiah Thomas and shake things up a little around here.

Here's how I see it:

Solid Starters:

1 - BD
2 - JRich
3 - ???
4 - Troy
5 - ???

Solid Bench:

1 - Fish
2 - Calbert
3 - Air France
4 - Ike - Zarko
5 - Andris

Mully's Crew - Can We Work Something Out?:

Monta
Mike D.
Adonyl

It's difficult to keep winning without a solid defense.

P.S. I think Bob Fitzgerald is cool. Jim and Bob are the best announcers I've heard in any sport. Just compare them to the announcers when ESPN shows a GSW game. I feel sorry for Jim and Bob sometimes, however. It must be pretty hard to remain positive during some of the games lately. In my book, they're GREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:49 am
Or, instead of doing that, you can just understand that a 3-game losing streak during the season was bound to happen and except the fact that the Warriors will bounce back. Look at the Pacific Division right now. There's no way we wont make the playoffs. Foyle serves his purpose. Leave him alone.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:47 am
#32 wrote:Or, instead of doing that, you can just understand that a 3-game losing streak during the season was bound to happen and except the fact that the Warriors will bounce back. Look at the Pacific Division right now. There's no way we wont make the playoffs. Foyle serves his purpose. Leave him alone.

What is Foyle's purpose (yeah, I know, to remind us that players coming out of high school do not make it in the NBA (the Warriors drafted Foyle ahead of Tracy McGrady) ?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:46 pm
#32 wrote:Or, instead of doing that, you can just understand that a 3-game losing streak during the season was bound to happen and except the fact that the Warriors will bounce back. Look at the Pacific Division right now. There's no way we wont make the playoffs. Foyle serves his purpose. Leave him alone.

The way the team is losing is what is concerning, they have gotten blown out where they should have put up more of a fight

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:49 pm
uptempo wrote:What is Foyle's purpose (yeah, I know, to remind us that players coming out of high school do not make it in the NBA (the Warriors drafted Foyle ahead of Tracy McGrady) ?

To show that you can eat tons of ice cream and still be allowed to be a professional athlete ::lol:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball