H2H league 1 for 2008-09 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:05 pm
no kevin martin tonight? I'm toast.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:50 pm
fine wrote:
migya wrote:
fine wrote:FT%-Rebounds-Assists-Steals

You need two I need three, that is what this has come down to.

That is it indeed. Kaman being out screwed me today, but it comes down to tomorrow. It has been a pretty epic battle and I say that you are a cunning, smart opponent. You really made some nifty changes this week, both giving you more games played and players that had recently performed well

Thanks Migya. I would have just called myself cheap for all the waiver moves I've made! And it'll be even more pathetic if I manage to lose...

Before sleeping last night I thought the FT% was going to be a lot closer. Now it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get my 3 categories. Here is an early 'Congratulations' for making it to the finals of both leagues. You are quite the fantasy monster of 2008-2009.

P.S.- Our matchup was way better than TMC's & Jimbob's. :wink:

FT% is still up in the air.

It's our matchup, so naturally it means more to us, but truth is every matchup this week looks very close and down to the wire

fine wrote:no kevin martin tonight? I'm toast.

Big blow to you. You had Barbosa and RWallace playing as well but had no space on your roster so you kept them on the bench and both had goog games

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:42 pm
im 90% sure TMC won our match up, my players were **** today aside from lebron.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:47 pm
As far as I can see, I win by one assist and steals are tied, making it 5-3 to me

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:52 pm
jimbob631 wrote:im 90% sure TMC won our match up, my players were **** today aside from lebron.

I've just checked the boxscores, so I'm not totally sure I've won, but if I do, it will be because your inside guys sucked yesterday. Dampier and Hewes were just awful.

In any case, it was a great matchup, bro. Down to the last day.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:58 am
The second last week is over.

d1mex beat xbay in a close matchup. xbay gets last place, mostly due to Garnett being injure almost all of the last two, three weeks and a few other players playing less than usual.

William beat Crackerz and that was close as well.

Aussie beat Pawno. Pawno fell from almost making the championship playoffs to now fighting for 9th place, a big fall indeed.

EMan beat Bigs in a very close matchup as well. Bigs needed two more TOs to win 5-4, but instead EMan wins it 5-4 and gets 5th place, Bigs gets 6th.

TMC beat Jimbob by having what looks like a much better last day. Could have gone either way, but TMC wins 6-3.

I beat Fine in what might be my most epic matchup. I won assists by ONE and steals were a tie. I won 5-3.

Crackerz now faces Pawno for 9th place.

William faces Aussie for 7th place and winner of the consolation playoffs.

Fine faces Jimbob for 3rd place.

I face TMC for the league championship. Amazing how the two guys that were most unlikely to win this, from the top six, now matchup in the final. TMC was falling miserably three weeks ago due to injuries and so forth, but with some players stepping up and others returning from injury, he is now in the final. I was a mess before I made the two trades that turned it all around for me, looking like I wouldn't even make the top six for the first time. I barely bet Pawno to make it to the top six and now I can complete my unlikely rise and win it all. The top four guys, who basically had the same record, much better than me and TMC, are now all beaten, amazingly

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:32 am
Horse sh*t.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:59 am
Damn me!!!! If I had played either Rasheed or Barbosa I'd be in....I'm going to go take a frustration dump now.

Good luck to TMC and Migya!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 pm
bigstrads wrote:Horse sh*t.

More cheerful by each day, I see. :wink:

migya wrote:I face TMC for the league championship. Amazing how the two guys that were most unlikely to win this, from the top six, now matchup in the final. TMC was falling miserably three weeks ago due to injuries and so forth, but with some players stepping up and others returning from injury, he is now in the final. I was a mess before I made the two trades that turned it all around for me, looking like I wouldn't even make the top six for the first time. I barely bet Pawno to make it to the top six and now I can complete my unlikely rise and win it all. The top four guys, who basically had the same record, much better than me and TMC, are now all beaten, amazingly

Hey, it's my first trip to the fantasy final in three seasons. I guess I gotta keep the underdog label, right?.

Bring it on, migya!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm
ugh im disappointed but I did pretty good for my first fantasy season. I think Migya will win the championship just cuz I cant see TMC winning it without Jefferson.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm
Think I'm as much of an underdog as TMC, as I've come from the depths to have a chance to win it all

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 am
I had a very good day and think I have the lead 7-2. JHoward was a beast on steals today TMC, got seven

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:25 am
migya wrote:I had a very good day and think I have the lead 7-2. JHoward was a beast on steals today TMC, got seven

Those 7 steals were the only good thing that happened to me last day. My guys haven't sucked, but have been very average so far...

It's gonna be tough to recover from the hole I'm in right now. Two categories are almost lost already (assists and, probably, rebounds) and I won't have an easy time recovering ground in the others.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:38 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I had a very good day and think I have the lead 7-2. JHoward was a beast on steals today TMC, got seven

Those 7 steals were the only good thing that happened to me last day. My guys haven't sucked, but have been very average so far...

It's gonna be tough to recover from the hole I'm in right now. Two categories are almost lost already (assists and, probably, rebounds) and I won't have an easy time recovering ground in the others.

It is not one week until Sunday, it is until next Wednesday when the regular season ends. Anything can happen and it is definately not over

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:40 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

It is not one week until Sunday, it is until next Wednesday when the regular season ends. Anything can happen and it is definately not over

Yeah, I know it lasts til next wednesday. And I'm not saying it's over, just that I can't see me recovering at those two categories unless some of your guys start missing games... but most categories are still up in the air, so it's not like I'm giving up or anything.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum