Stephen Curry vs Patrick Mills

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:33 pm
Anyone catch the St. Mary's/Davidson game, yesterday? Pretty entertaining, I'll admit. And the two players to watch for was Mills and Curry.

Anyways, let's compare the two because both are not from big-sports program schools like UNC or Duke is, but are two very talented players. I'll start.

If both were to enter the draft, I think Pat Mills may be a late-first round pick to early-second round pick. Stephen Curry would be a lottery pick at the earliest to mid-first round pick. I really believe Mills should stay in school, though, 'til he graduates. His offensive perimeter game could use more polishing. Curry, could come out now if he wanted. Thing is... I'm not sure how his game will translate into the NBA.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:09 pm
xbay wrote:Anyone catch the St. Mary's/Davidson game, yesterday? Pretty entertaining, I'll admit. And the two players to watch for was Mills and Curry.

Anyways, let's compare the two because both are not from big-sports program schools like UNC or Duke is, but are two very talented players. I'll start.

If both were to enter the draft, I think Pat Mills may be a late-first round pick to early-second round pick. Stephen Curry would be a lottery pick at the earliest to mid-first round pick. I really believe Mills should stay in school, though, 'til he graduates. His offensive perimeter game could use more polishing. Curry, could come out now if he wanted. Thing is... I'm not sure how his game will translate into the NBA.

Curry can shoot like a mofo, but he is soooooo tiny. He makes Monta look like Lebron. His shot comes out of nowhere though, he is crazy like that. He made so many shots last night that looked like he did not even have an angle to release the shot.

If I had to pick one of these guys, I would have to go with Mills. He made some good passes on the break last night and his 3 ball was off, but he did other things to make sure the team won the game. I just hope Mills does not come out this season, but if he does....I would love to see the Dubs use a 2nd rounder on him.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 pm
Yeah, that pop up three about 5-6 inches away from the 3-point line was insane. He just walked up, shot it, and it went it. It was as if he didn't have to put any effort. The kid can shoot, but I agree... he is tiny. While he'd abuse others offensively, he'd be abused defensively.

I'd love to see Mills on this team, though. While I believe Curry is a tad bit better than Mills at the moment, I feel Patty will be the overall better player in the future between the two. I really don't see him going in the first round, unless he stays another year or two at St. Mary's. He's a second round pick.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 am
Patrick Mills is fortunate enough to been an Australian Starting point guard for the national team. i think the scouts look favorably upon that so yeah xbay i agree with your statement he could be a late round pick.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:28 am
I don't think Patty started for Australia; he definitely came off the bench when we played them in Beijing.

Neither of them were particularly on their game that night. Mills really choked against SDSU in the next round of the NIT. I don't know if any of you guys saw it, but he literally lost the game for them, first by missing his one-and-one free throw with ~7 seconds left and then by NOT catching a pass to him after an inbound with ~3 seconds left, down by 3.

I really expect Mills to stay and I hope we can work something out next year so we can grab him.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:52 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:I don't think Patty started for Australia; he definitely came off the bench when we played them in Beijing.

Neither of them were particularly on their game that night. Mills really choked against SDSU in the next round of the NIT. I don't know if any of you guys saw it, but he literally lost the game for them, first by missing his one-and-one free throw with ~7 seconds left and then by NOT catching a pass to him after an inbound with ~3 seconds left, down by 3.

I really expect Mills to stay and I hope we can work something out next year so we can grab him.

dude... his Australian and yes im Australian.

Following the BOOMERS at Olympic time is the only time i switch on every 4 years.

Return to Sports Board