NCAA Tourney 2009 thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:21 pm
bada wrote:yeah, nice call on Mizzou Capt. You nailed it before the tourney even started. Maybe you are not as bad at this than you think. :wink:

Ha ha, we shall see after tonight. I have the potential to have 7 of the elite 8 if all my picks win tonight. The only one I missed yesterday was UConn, but that's all because of Washington losing to Purdue...if I had to pick between UConn and Purdue I would have gone with UConn for sure. Oh well! I'm still in last :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 pm
Lame day today, screw you Michigan St. and Oklahoma.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:21 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Lame day today, screw you Michigan St. and
Oklahoma.

I picked them both actually :mrgreen:

It was Missouri beatinf Memphis that screwed me

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 pm
migya wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Lame day today, screw you Michigan St. and
Oklahoma.

I picked them both actually :mrgreen:

It was Missouri beatinf Memphis that screwed me

You and me both, bro. I got everyone right in the Elite 8 except f*cking Memphis. Damn you Memphis.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:03 pm
Lame, Missouri took a nap early in this game and never really could get it back under control. I'm over the NCAA tournament.

That aside, I am loving Demarre Carroll (as a player, just in case you were going to go there). He's smart and resourceful. I think he's an early second rounder that has a legitimate shot to make an NBA roster.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 am
Well, I've only got Michigan St. right for the Final Four, but I've done alright considering I did zero research andhaven't remotely followed college basketball for a long time

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:40 am
migya wrote:Well, I've only got Michigan St. right for the Final Four, but I've done alright considering I did zero research andhaven't remotely followed college basketball for a long time

Same here. I only got Connecticut right, but also with no research. Could have been better, could have beem worse...

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 am
Watching the tourney this weekend, the 4 teams that advanced all look real good. Lawson is healthy, thus i give UNC the favorite tag. The other three are close behind. Thabeet is dominant, and his surrounding cast is real good. Price, Adrian, Walker all playing decent. They lost Davis earlier this year, and they look stronger. Then Mich State, they got Tom Izzo, IMO the best coach in the nation. He is the reason that this program has had more final four appearances than anyother program the last 20 years. Lastly, there is Villinova. They were that 4th team in the Big East that no one paid attention to this year... yeah that energetic, well balances squad from the toughest conference play maybe in college history. Yeah, there game.

This is gonna be FUN this weekend!

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 pm
congrats to the lady cardinal.... making a second straight Final Four... i don't watch women's hoops much (the only game until today i watched this year was 10 minutes of Stanford vs. SDSU a couple weeks back) but they were dominant. No Candice Wiggins, no problem. The Big Appel scored a whomping 46 points, crushing Iowa State. Take that Saddam (office joke)!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:27 am
So apparently no one played online tonight.

Tarheels win it all in an unbelievably convincing fashion, mostly because they're unbelievably awesome! :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:46 am
By the way I made a miraculous comeback and finished 2nd in the bracket pick 'em. Yay!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 am
Yup, Yup i knew my UNC tar heels would get it done, they established from the beginning of the season that they were the team to beat and proved it on monday night. They were just too talented and deep for every team they faced. Great win.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:Yup, Yup i knew my UNC tar heels would get it done, they established from the beginning of the season that they were the team to beat and proved it on monday night. They were just too talented and deep for every team they faced. Great win.

Congrats on the bracket too. Pretty much wire-to-wire for you.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Previous

Return to Sports Board