H2H league 1 for 2008-09 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Now that Arenas is back, do you regret letting him go? Even if it's to a small extent?

Arenas is not going to do much for the rest of the games. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets shut down in a few days or injures himself again, if only slightly. His conditioning must be bad as well

I don't even think he'll start. Probably will just play a reserve role for the rest of the season to get back into some kind of playing shape and restore some confidence in his knee, but won't be the real Arenas til next year (if he doesn't pick up another injury, that is).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:49 pm
Looks like I've won EMan, 6-3 I think. Good matchup and your team is probably the best in the league actually so I'm happy I won. Got you back for last year bro

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 am
BULLSH*T!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:58 am
aussie comes back and beats xbay to move onto the semis against his mate pawno. With Butler back, aussie has that extra firepower to maybe win the consolation playoffs. xbay was without KG and that was the difference.

Crackerz beats d1mex, who didn't rotate his roster, and meets William in the other semi. Should be a good matchup.

xbay and d1mex meet to finally decide who is last in the league :mrgreen: Joke guys :wink:

TMC beats Bigs, who fell hard the last three weeks of the season, after being on top or near the top for most of the season. It was your first fantasy season Bigs, not hard to understand and play hey :wink: TMC goes against Jimbob and that will be a fairly tough matchup.

I beat EMan and now go against Fine. Hopefully Baron and Rasheed stay injured a while longer for you Fine.

Bigs goes against EMan for 5th place

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 am
TMC im gonna rock u this week.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:36 am
bigstrads wrote:BULLSH*T!!!

Guess that you're starting to agree with me in that making the playoffs is the only thing that matters. Not the standings in the regular season.

Once into the playoffs, it's a lottery...

jimbob631 wrote:TMC im gonna rock u this week.

Yeah, like Bigs... :mrgreen:

I'm quite comfortable being the underdog, bro. Let's see what you can do...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:19 am
7 rebounds and 2 TOs away....

migya got his revenge for last season. just a shame we got matched up against each other in the first round...woulda been a hell of a champinoship match up. i guarantee had we been matched up against any of the other top 6, we'd both advance and meet in the finals. oh well, such is life. good luck to the final 4...to be honest, im rooting for migya and TMC. simply cuz migya beat me and a team that does so deserves to go to the finals, and cuz TMC has been the ultimate underdog all season long.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:58 am
Migya, how are you feeling about the match up so far?

I'm pretty happy with how my guys have been performing. There have been a few duds (Okur, Foye, Sheed), but for the most part everyone else seems to be at their best. Which makes the fact that we are basically in a 5-4 match that much more scary.

You think your guys are going to pull through or is there some going to be some kind of obstacle to overcome?

In other news,

I see TMC has pulled ahead of Jimbob. TMC's team is really clicking right now. Everyone is healthy and getting their minutes.

Two weeks ago, Jimbob had the most firepower out of everyone. Now he has lost Chandler, Beans, Young over the last week and is currently carrying a gimpy Hughes. But with Kobe and Bron on the same team literally anything can happen.

It's definitely the playoffs!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 am
fine wrote:Migya, how are you feeling about the match up so far?

I'm pretty happy with how my guys have been performing. There have been a few duds (Okur, Foye, Sheed), but for the most part everyone else seems to be at their best. Which makes the fact that we are basically in a 5-4 match that much more scary.

You think your guys are going to pull through or is there some going to be some kind of obstacle to overcome?

Your team has played more games than mine and that is the difference so far. I have what I consider a very talented and productive team of players and I can't see myself dropping any of them really for any players available in free agency. I think my quality will surpass your quantity by the end of the week, at least I'll have to count on that

fine wrote:I see TMC has pulled ahead of Jimbob. TMC's team is really clicking right now. Everyone is healthy and getting their minutes.

Two weeks ago, Jimbob had the most firepower out of everyone. Now he has lost Chandler, Beans, Young over the last week and is currently carrying a gimpy Hughes. But with Kobe and Bron on the same team literally anything can happen.

It's definitely the playoffs!

With JHoward back and producing real well, TMC's team is championship caliber, that one player has made that much of a difference. Be something to face TMC in the final, noone would have predicted that some two weeks ago

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:50 pm
OHH FOR F*CKS SAKE JAMES!!!

I forgot to do my team..............screw this bollocks anyway, all this other team having like 12 more games a week than me all the bloody time. :banghead: :evil:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm
bigstrads wrote:OHH FOR F*CKS SAKE JAMES!!!

I forgot to do my team..............screw this bollocks anyway, all this other team having like 12 more games a week than me all the bloody time. :banghead: :evil:

Most nba teams play about three or four times a week, but obviously if a team has played five times one week, the next week they may only playt two or three. My team also plays about seven or eight less games in total than Fine's, but that's how it is. You can always drop one or two players for players whose team plays alot that week.

Darkside hey Fine? We're 4-4 right now :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:38 pm
damnit...i forgot to set my lineup. this could have been the deciding day too. what a b*tch.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:21 pm
FT%-Rebounds-Assists-Steals

You need two I need three, that is what this has come down to.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:03 am
fine wrote:FT%-Rebounds-Assists-Steals

That is it indeed. Kaman being out screwed me today, but it comes down to tomorrow. It has been a pretty epic battle and I say that you are a cunning, smart opponent. You really made some nifty changes this week, both giving you more games played and players that had recently performed well

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:14 am
migya wrote:
fine wrote:FT%-Rebounds-Assists-Steals

That is it indeed. Kaman being out screwed me today, but it comes down to tomorrow. It has been a pretty epic battle and I say that you are a cunning, smart opponent. You really made some nifty changes this week, both giving you more games played and players that had recently performed well

Thanks Migya. I would have just called myself cheap for all the waiver moves I've made! And it'll be even more pathetic if I manage to lose...

Before sleeping last night I thought the FT% was going to be a lot closer. Now it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get my 3 categories. Here is an early 'Congratulations' for making it to the finals of both leagues. You are quite the fantasy monster of 2008-2009.

P.S.- Our matchup was way better than TMC's & Jimbob's. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum