Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Big risk getting Josh Howard TMC. He likely won't be back this week and he is not going to be effective anyway. You need all your guys producing against Bigs. Could be a mistake

He's gonna come back on friday, it seems, and Bigs also has some guys out with injuries.

Also, he's replacing Turiad, who ain't producing much. Losing him is gonna hurt me in the blocks department, but not that much in any other stat.

I agree. Turiad doesn't produce much at all. Actually, I don't think he's even in the NBA. :wink: :mrgreen:

Yeah, I can understand the typo. D and F are right next to each other.

Eh... I was talking in french, buddy. Turiad, Turiad, Turiad... See?. I'm that smart. :mrgreen:

Sounds more like Jamaican-ish to me. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:14 am
Things are real interesting with only two days to go. xbay and aussie are tied 4-4 and all but one category is still undecided. Crackerz and d1mex wil also come down to the last day in most categories. TMC and Bigs has all but one category undecided as well and will come down to the wire.

Good pickup of Turiaf Jimbob, Chandler is out for a while longer and you would have been a player down next week. Likewise pawno, who got Warrick and dropped Murphy, who is out for a while yet

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:19 pm
I play the dumb fuk, think I've set my team for the last two days and instead have Jack, Yao and Blake on the bench. If I lose this matchup with EMan, it's because I'm a fukin fool

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:33 pm
migya wrote:I play the dumb fuk, think I've set my team for the last two days and instead have Jack, Yao and Blake on the bench. If I lose this matchup with EMan, it's because I'm a fukin fool

I'm still rooting for you! Get those motherf*cking rebounds!!!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:48 pm
fine wrote:
migya wrote:I play the dumb fuk, think I've set my team for the last two days and instead have Jack, Yao and Blake on the bench. If I lose this matchup with EMan, it's because I'm a fukin fool

Sort of worked out alright as I've now only got one more TO than EMan. Still, a huge mistake.

You don't think my team is better than EMan's? You rather play me than him?

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:00 pm
migya wrote:
fine wrote:

Sort of worked out alright as I've now only got one more TO than EMan. Still, a huge mistake.

You both scare me, but Eman plays more games next week. :mrgreen:
If it were equal (I think I counted him having 7 or 8 more games than you next week) I would be rooting for him.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:06 pm
fine wrote:
migya wrote:
fine wrote:

You both scare me, but Eman plays more games next week. :mrgreen:
If it were equal (I think I counted him having 7 or 8 more games than you next week) I would be rooting for him.

If I win, I'll be checking the games played next week for both our teams and make some roster changes if needed :wink:

Also TMC, you shouldn'y have picked up JHoward and instead kept Turiaf, you would be leading in most if not all of those close categories and almost all of them are close.

All matchups are so close and coming down to the last day

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:25 am
migya wrote:Also TMC, you shouldn'y have picked up JHoward and instead kept Turiaf, you would be leading in most if not all of those close categories and almost all of them are close.

Yeah, but Howard is gonna come back next week, and his production in one game (usually) surpasses that of Turiaf in a whole week (other than blocks, that is).

So it's kind of a bet. If I can get past Bigs, it's gonna pay off. If not, well... It was worth trying, at least.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:29 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Also TMC, you shouldn'y have picked up JHoward and instead kept Turiaf, you would be leading in most if not all of those close categories and almost all of them are close.

Yeah, but Howard is gonna come back next week, and his production in one game (usually) surpasses that of Turiaf in a whole week (other than blocks, that is).

So it's kind of a bet. If I can get past Bigs, it's gonna pay off. If not, well... It was worth trying, at least.

I'm not sure anyone was looking to pickup JHoward, as he has been very injuryplagued this season and likely to miss the rest of the season. You would definately have beaten Bigs had you kept Turiaf and then been able to pickup Howard next week. As you said, worth the try and understandable

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:35 am
Now that Arenas is back, do you regret letting him go? Even if it's to a small extent?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:46 am
xbay wrote:Now that Arenas is back, do you regret letting him go? Even if it's to a small extent?

Arenas is not going to do much for the rest of the games. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets shut down in a few days or injures himself again, if only slightly. His conditioning must be bad as well

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:03 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Now that Arenas is back, do you regret letting him go? Even if it's to a small extent?

Arenas is not going to do much for the rest of the games. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets shut down in a few days or injures himself again, if only slightly. His conditioning must be bad as well

Yep. And word is out of the office is that Fantasy Basketball GM xbay is unhappy with head coach Doc Rivers over the lack of playing time starting PF Kevin Garnett is receiving. I don't care if he gets injured for the real life NBA playoffs. So long as he's on the floor and putting up reasonable stats for fantasy playoffs, I'm good! I'm trying to get 7th place after finishing nearly last in the league! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 am
Man.............somehow I was 7-2 down to TMC's team of scub over achievers.

Now Ive pulled it back to 4-4, and Ive got 5 players playing on this deciding day..............how many does TMC have? 9! :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:43 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Yep. And word is out of the office is that Fantasy Basketball GM xbay is unhappy with head coach Doc Rivers over the lack of playing time starting PF Kevin Garnett is receiving. I don't care if he gets injured for the real life NBA playoffs. So long as he's on the floor and putting up reasonable stats for fantasy playoffs, I'm good! I'm trying to get 7th place after finishing nearly last in the league! :mrgreen:

I really think Garnett is not 100%, otherwise he'd be playing, as Boston is trying to get at least 2nd place in the east and right now are just behind the Magic in 3rd spot. Really thought you'd get much more out of Garnett. At least Perkins has played better since you got him

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 am
bigstrads wrote:Man.............somehow I was 7-2 down to TMC's team of scub over achievers.

Now Ive pulled it back to 4-4, and Ive got 5 players playing on this deciding day..............how many does TMC have? 9! :banghead:

You might well be playing for 5th place
:wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum