Warriors will try again for Bosh

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:55 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... -090328-29

Straight off the presses. I'm on this like a leech in heat.
I'd trade Crawford or Magette, Az or Belli, Wright but no Randolph ( we'll use him to back up Bosh and start the long term project toward grooming him for the 3. )and our first round pick. I'd also be in favor of trading Monta and holding on to some prospects.

But the outstanding question then becomes, can we be sure of resigning him?
If we have enough of our team left after trading for him. We should have a good enough team for next year that he would want to resign with us.

From what I know of Nelly, If he wants Bosh, he'll be willing to pay a high price for him.
War Years

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 pm
yeah, i'm glad to hear this. honestly, i'd give up just about anyone on the current team to get him. colangelo would want some good young talent to build around calderon. crawford would certainly be offered but i wouldn't be surprised if they wanted monta. they'd also need another big to replace him, so either wright or biedrins would have to go. although they might want randolph, i can't see the dubs parting with him right now unless it included dumping an undesirable contract with him (maggette, jack, or crawford).

i think the warriors could stand a very reasonable chance of keeping him if they do one thing. win.

monta, brandon, and turiaf for bosh works in the trade machine. this could work for the raptors as it fits all the pieces for them they'd get monta playing next to calderon, a young big in wright, and a great team player in turiaf. i'd hate to lose any of the 3, certainly all of the 3, but this is chris bosh, an all star impact player, who could bring other good players to oakland with his presence.

i'd plug the plug and make this happen somehow. then draft a real point guard.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:10 pm
See I always have problems with trades like this. As far as I'm concerned there are two players in the NBA worth trading most of your team for and neither of them are named Chris Bosh.

As nice as it would be to get someone like Bosh, he's not going to win by himself and he needs a team around him. Unless we could work out some amazing deal that had us getting rid of useless pieces like Maggette or Crawford (which I doubt happens) and no more than one of our key pieces then he's just not worth gutting the team for. I don't see why it's any better to be bad with Bosh than it is to be young and developing without him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:11 pm
the best teams are built around star players. bosh is a star player. he can attract talent by being on the team. he can make others players better. including jack even.

it would be a step in the right direction for a change.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:48 pm
Like I said a couple of months ago when all the trade talk was going on, I'd give up Crawford or Maggette, Belinelli or Azu, BW or Randolph and this upcoming draft's 1st rounder.

Crawford and Maggette haven't won much at all in their careers, but their stats are very good, plain and simple. Both have always scored and have other pluses like very good FT shooting and creating one on one. Belinelli has played well in the opportunities he's had and he is long time Italian national teammate of Bargnani so chemistry could be a plus. I'd rather give BW, but AR is acceptable and his future as a SF is not certain to say the least, as he has shown good play at PF mostly. Throw in the lottery pick in this draft, which the team doesn't need anyway, and Raptors get alot and likely more than they getfrom any other team.

You do need stars to build your team around and attract very good players and Bosh is certainly that

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:52 pm
I don't think we have much to lose. We only need 8 good players.

We are strong on 2's and 3's and they aren't. They can move Marion to the 4, and we can at least give them a good young prospect for a backup with Wright.
Realistically that Monta trade makes a lot of sense, McJackinthebox.

We talk of Maggs and Crawford's contracts like they are the plague. But Maggs is the second best scorer off the bench in the NBA, and there are teams that could use Crawford.
If they wanted a lttle less marquis power and a little more depth. We could give them Maggs or Crawford with Azubuike and Turiaf or Azubuike and Wright. All these trades work, I'm not sure how a draft pick alters the salary equation, but it's worth throwing in. I do think if a team is given a choice between Az and Belli and they can swing Az salarywise, they'll take Az.
Az could start for the Raptors, right away they could get 2 strong scorer- starters, and a solid backup, for a player that's leaving in a year anyway.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:12 pm
The problem with Mags and Crawford is that they're not team players. And before anyone says "but they're not complaining about taking back seat roles", I will acknowledge that and that is admirable. However on the court they play for themselves and don't play with a team mentality.

Not to mention neither of them can play defense to save their lives. Unless you're going to be a player like Monta where you more than make up for your defensive deficiencies on the offensive end, ON A CONSISTENT BASIS, then you just hurt the team when you're on the floor. Yeah they can score a lot of points, but they're giving up just as many (and usually more because of all the ill advised, contested, shots) points on the other end.

I know Nellie doesn't like to focus on defense, but Jack and Azubuike are the two best on ball defenders, with AR, Turiaf, and Biedrins being relatively successful at defending the rim. The rest of the team is not just mediocre, but down right horrible at defense. I would be concerned about trading any of those defensive players because we have so few and really can't afford to lose any of them. So in my opinion the trade would have to be for players other than those listed above. I also think Wright has potential to develop into a good defensive player, he was doing alright, but has struggled since coming back from his injury.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:36 pm
unfortunately, the only guy i feel has the balls to pull off a trade for Bosh is Mullin. Oh well

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:08 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:The problem with Mags and Crawford is that they're not team players. And before anyone says "but they're not complaining about taking back seat roles", I will acknowledge that and that is admirable. However on the court they play for themselves and don't play with a team mentality.

Not to mention neither of them can play defense to save their lives. Unless you're going to be a player like Monta where you more than make up for your defensive deficiencies on the offensive end, ON A CONSISTENT BASIS, then you just hurt the team when you're on the floor. Yeah they can score a lot of points, but they're giving up just as many (and usually more because of all the ill advised, contested, shots) points on the other end.

I know Nellie doesn't like to focus on defense, but Jack and Azubuike are the two best on ball defenders, with AR, Turiaf, and Biedrins being relatively successful at defending the rim. The rest of the team is not just mediocre, but down right horrible at defense. I would be concerned about trading any of those defensive players because we have so few and really can't afford to lose any of them. So in my opinion the trade would have to be for players other than those listed above. I also think Wright has potential to develop into a good defensive player, he was doing alright, but has struggled since coming back from his injury.

Points well taken Capt. Jack, That's why I said, if it was possible, I'd love to trade Maggs or Crawford with others for Bosh. I would go with your speculation that Monta WILL BE more consistent offensively. ( though they all have their off nights ). Though ultimately if Monta was included in a deal, we would be getting rid of a rather poor defender as well.

But why, Turiaf, or possibly Wright, who definitely has defensive potential? The Raptors might want a good prospect in the same position as Bosh, (Wright). I don't think it's worth the inevitable hole we'll have if we trade Biedrins, ( though from what I understand that's who the Raptors were interested in before ) So maybe they'll take our backup to go with Bargnani , Kris Humphreys ( Turiaf ). Some of this has to do with the W's salary structure, there aren't infinite trade combinations that can work salary wise.
Your point is very well taken on Kelenna, he may be the most well balanced player we have. In this scenario, from what I can decipher salarywise, we could more easily keep Keleena if a trade for Bosh included Monta. At least in a trade for only Bosh.
Last edited by War Years on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Years

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:14 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:unfortunately, the only guy i feel has the balls to pull off a trade for Bosh is Mullin. Oh well

I'd probably disagree with you there. I think Nelly is behind the push to get Bosh. It seems like the kind of quick fix idea he'd be into. And I think he has more balls than Mullin. Don't be surprised if you later think he was willing to give up too much.
War Years

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:47 pm
a frontline of biedrins/bosh/randolph would be formidable for years to come. throw jack at the 2 and either monta (or crawford if we lose ellis to get bosh) and that's a winning formula.

get bosh.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:26 am
Crawford and Maggette could be a good piece on a talented team, helping them make the playoffs and even go further. They need at least two or three very good players around them though and Toronto does have Bargnani, not great but has been real good the last few weeks, Marion, not the same as when he was in the Suns but has been rising lately, and Calderon, I believe to be a very stable, great distributing PG, who should only get better and make teammates better. BW and AR are still untapped talent that don't get much opportunity here, though recently they have had a bit. Which ever one was to go would give shotblocking, athleticism, speed and potential to get much better. Bosh, surprisingly, is not much of a shotblocker at all, so that's a factor we lose on and Toronto gains on straight away. Add in the lottery pick and either Azu or Belinelli and that's at least two starters, even all four, as Marion might not be a keeper and either Azu, Belinelli or the lottery pick could replace him as a starter and ofcourse, Magette/Crawford would start, as would BW/AR.

If the team is to try to get Bosh, they'll have to at least give that much, maybe a future 1st rounder as well

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:53 am
Crawford And Maggs for Bosh actually works. But the Raptors would never commit to both of them.
( Crawford, Maggs ) and Wright or Belli, or anyone else, for that matter, doesn't work salarywise. Toronto would have to give us something else.

That's Ok with me, I don't think I would trade much more than Crawford and Maggs for Bosh. Certainly not Az and Randolph.
War Years
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:35 am
There's nobody on this team I wouldn't trade for Bosh. Nobody. Of course, if it means losing Monta, Beans and Randolph, I'd think twice about it (actually, wouldn't do it), but if one or two of them have to go, so be it.

You just can't expect to add a talent like him for average players with bad contraccts.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:36 am
I think they'd take Crawford and Maggs so long as they include Randolph or Wright in the deal as well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Next

Return to Trades