H2H league 1 for 2008-09 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:28 am
definitely in need of that bye right about now...i wanna make sure my guys shake these bs games theyve been having. cant believe how badly theyre playing right now. if i could beat bigs 6-3 at least and jimbob doesnt do any better than 6-3, then im good and in that 2nd spot. [-o<
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:38 am
As it stands right now, Eman would get 1st place, Jimbob 2nd, and I'd fall to 3rd, Bigs to 4th, TMC 5th, and Migya would sneak into 6th by way of the tiebreaker!!!

I'm hoping to steal back some categories today, 5 wins should be enough to have a chance at the bye week...Or...let Pawno gain a category just so Migya's beastly team doesn't get into the playoffs, most likely facing me! I'd rather go up against Pawno again next week instead of Migya. Tough decision...
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:53 am
fine wrote:As it stands right now, Eman would get 1st place, Jimbob 2nd, and I'd fall to 3rd, Bigs to 4th, TMC 5th, and Migya would sneak into 6th by way of the tiebreaker!!!

I'm hoping to steal back some categories today, 5 wins should be enough to have a chance at the bye week...Or...let Pawno gain a category just so Migya's beastly team doesn't get into the playoffs, most likely facing me! I'd rather go up against Pawno again next week instead of Migya. Tough decision...

You can only make things harder on yourself by thinking losing and not trying to get a top 2 spot

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:46 pm
i don't understand how Migya wins the tiebreaker, i mean we both have beat each other this year 7-2. with his win most recently.... if thats the tiebreaking rule by most recent win well then that would suck.

Actually im not liking my chances at the moment. Bargnani didn't suit up and suprisingly for a 10 or 11th pick in the goldenstwarriors.com h2h fantasy league... his probably been the biggest sleeper in the lower rounds.

But will see... If migyas boys have a crap shooting night and his field goals and free throws drop then i probably scrape in.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:53 pm
I dont know what the F has happened to my team............too many injuries to key contributors (not the stars but the other guys) and losing Bynum with no replacement of his numbers hurt.

Im sinking fast and cant do anything about it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:34 pm
PaWnOgRaFfItI wrote:i don't understand how Migya wins the tiebreaker, i mean we both have beat each other this year 7-2. with his win most recently.... if thats the tiebreaking rule by most recent win well then that would suck.

Actually im not liking my chances at the moment. Bargnani didn't suit up and suprisingly for a 10 or 11th pick in the goldenstwarriors.com h2h fantasy league... his probably been the biggest sleeper in the lower rounds.

But will see... If migyas boys have a crap shooting night and his field goals and free throws drop then i probably scrape in.

i believe te tiebreaker is by total points scored. im not 100% sure about that, but i think that's how it worked last year, and is a default setting.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:03 pm
E-Man wrote:
PaWnOgRaFfItI wrote:i don't understand how Migya wins the tiebreaker, i mean we both have beat each other this year 7-2. with his win most recently.... if thats the tiebreaking rule by most recent win well then that would suck.

i believe te tiebreaker is by total points scored. im not 100% sure about that, but i think that's how it worked last year, and is a default setting.

at the end of the season, the tiebreaker for seeding purposes is 'Overall win %'. Since they are both going to be equal (two ties each), the second tiebreaker is the win % for 'week 21'. So if Migya is going to make up the ground to tie Pawno, he would then have the better week 21 win %.

Interesting development:

Migya is sitting his players in hopes of winning the TO category. That could give Migya the 9-0 week, forcing Pawno to win 7-2 in order to make the playoffs. Incidentally, Migya is facing Aussiebiedrins, who is Pawno's buddy! Aussie can now make up some ground in other categories, or adjust his roster just to prevent Migya from winning 9-0. Pretty fun Sunday I've stumbled into...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:21 pm
I may be through. Fine has won Points, Assists, Steals and with Iguodala an Kevin Martin getting a block each, he won Blocks by 2. As far as I can see, this is what happened. Pawno won the other categories.

I bet Aussie 8-1.

Will find out in a few hours for sure

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:12 am
migya wrote:I may be through. Fine has won Points, Assists, Steals and with Iguodala an Kevin Martin getting a block each, he won Blocks by 2. As far as I can see, this is what happened. Pawno won the other categories.

I bet Aussie 8-1.

Will find out in a few hours for sure

Pawno appears in the playoff bracket, but the results are not ready yet. We'll see...

As for me, seems like I'll go against Jesusballers. It's going to be interesting, as he beat me 8-1 early on the season, and I beat him 7-1 the next time we met.

That was before all the injuries, btw... :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:04 am
looks like i missed out with the tie breaker...

BOO

Congratulations Migya. i said you'd never make it and you proved me wrong. Time to go and represent Australia for us. 8)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:08 am
Whoops guys...

i didn't know there was a consolation finals series and i just dropped some of my cream for the top dogs to claim on the waiver wires

YO MIGYA... Any chance of giving me my guys back

DURANT
ELLIS

And

JRICH
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:24 am

I MADE IT MUTHAFUKAS!!!!

Came down to the last day and my belief pulled through.

Me and EMan and possible payback for last year.

Great close series all around and most placings weren't set until the final day, final game even.

Fine pulls through beating Pawno with a block each to Iguodala and Kevin Martin in the last game of the week. Fine gets 2nd spot and a week off.

Bigs pulls out a near miracle and takes threes and points, after EMan was killing him, only ends up winning 5-4, winning most categories by heaps.

Jimbob keeps his lead in most categories and wins over d1mex 6-3, getting top spot by going ahead of EMan by 0.5 game and winning tie breaker with Fine by having better record in the last week.

William won over TMC 5-4 in what was a close matchup, also could have gone either way.

xbay, the rampager, avoided bottom spot and he is on fire. KG back, no real injuries and he is my pick to win the consolation playoffs.

Jimbob, Fine, Pawno and William get the week off.

Bigs and TMC face off in a matchup of two teams that have fallen off a bit.

I face EMan and will be a great matchup, as we are both peeking right now. I would have rather faced Bigs, but I get a chance at payback for last year.

Pawno just dropped three of his best players - Durant, JRich and Monta, STUPID OF HIM OFCOURSE AS THAT COULD HAVE RUINED THE LEAGUE. I will try to put them back on his team if I have that power but if I don't, noone picks them up, Pawno will once they clear waivers, going a day without them ofcourse.

I'll see what I can do but not sure I can do anything

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:30 am
migya wrote:

Pawno just dropped three of his best players - Durant, JRich and Monta, STUPID OF HIM OFCOURSE AS THAT COULD HAVE RUINED THE LEAGUE. I will try to put them back on his team if I have that power but if I don't, noone picks them up, Pawno will once they clear waivers, going a day without them ofcourse.

i got a bye week dude!!!

8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:40 am
PaWnOgRaFfItI wrote:
migya wrote:

i got a bye week dude!!!

8)

And you can have it :)

I've fixed it and put those three players back on your team. Don't do it again, it ruins the league

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:27 am
WoW! Bigs beating Eman by 1 point has put me into the #2 spot! Even a tie in that category would have given Eman the bye week. I thought I wasn't going to make it (my math must be rusty) so I've been playing the waivers in preparation for a Migya matchup. What a nice monday morning surprise :)

Pawno, that was a very nice gesture, but you just got busted by the commish. the same commish that just stole your playoff spot! :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum