voting/politics thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

who are you voting for?

Barack Obama / Joe Biden
22
67%
John McCain / Sara Palin
3
9%
other (Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc)
1
3%
I'll decide later
3
9%
No one. Voting is for jerks
4
12%
 
Total votes : 33

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:15 am
I'd like to know how the Americans on here feel about Obama's appointment of the former president of the New York Federal Reserve (a private entity, not government), Timothy Geithner as Secretary Treasurer. How about Bush's Secretary of Defense Robert Gates being kept by Obama.

How about the broken promises:

American troops will be brought straight home as soon as he is elected. Oops, no, now after 16 months they'll come home. Hang on, let's make it after 23 months. Also, lets's send another 30,000 troops to Afghanistan.

How about the promise to repeal the Patriot Act, the spying on citizens of U.S. by the government and the use of telephone companies to do so, and instead, REINSTATING IT, signing off on it to be kept and continued.

Also, send troops to various countries around Russia (look it up).


How about all that money that was given for the bank bailout, the money that was given to save the major banks from bankruptcy, just mysteriously disappearing, some 8 TRILLION DOLLARS.



How do you all feel about the new so called great, honest president
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:28 am
Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:37 am
xbay wrote:Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.



So he's a fraud.

Someone who says they're going to do something and then does the opposite a matter of weeks after they get elected is a liar from the get go and never had intentions to do what they promised the people they would.

All the so so called Hope is a lie and nothing has and will change
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:00 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.



So he's a fraud.

Someone who says they're going to do something and then does the opposite a matter of weeks after they get elected is a liar from the get go and never had intentions to do what they promised the people they would.

All the so so called Hope is a lie and nothing has and will change


So is every other politician in the world. Frauds are everywhere around us.

C'mon man, he cannot change the world in a matter of minutes. You should know that. It takes time to do these things. Do you really think the economy will recover in a matter of days? Do you really think the troops will be pulled out of war just by snapping your fingers?

Things will happen with time. You just need to be patient and let it play out. Just because you want something happen right now doesn't mean it will. It's only been what? 2 months since he was sworn in as President? And you're already expecting big things in such little time he's had to work with so far. Do you know what he's dealing with other than what you've stated? How about those selfish AIG bastards? Creating new jobs? Middle East crisis? There are so many things out there. You can't possibly tell me that if you were in Obama's shoes for a day, you could survive handling it. Oh by the way, doesn't the economy suck right now too?

My point is, with one problem he faces, he's handed another one. He can't fix things all at once. Just chill out and let time play out. It's only been 2 months for pete's sake.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:13 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.



So he's a fraud.

Someone who says they're going to do something and then does the opposite a matter of weeks after they get elected is a liar from the get go and never had intentions to do what they promised the people they would.

All the so so called Hope is a lie and nothing has and will change


Not really. Not yet, at least. Actually, I think it's exactly the opposite. The problem might be that some people were naive enough to believe he'd change it all in a matter of months. It's not that easy... It will take time, not months, but years, and that's only in case he manages to make those changes, because some people in power won't make it easy for him.


In any case, it's way too early to judge his tenure, bro. Give him a couple of years at least.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:56 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.



So he's a fraud.

Someone who says they're going to do something and then does the opposite a matter of weeks after they get elected is a liar from the get go and never had intentions to do what they promised the people they would.

All the so so called Hope is a lie and nothing has and will change


So is every other politician in the world. Frauds are everywhere around us.

C'mon man, he cannot change the world in a matter of minutes. You should know that. It takes time to do these things. Do you really think the economy will recover in a matter of days? Do you really think the troops will be pulled out of war just by snapping your fingers?

Things will happen with time. You just need to be patient and let it play out. Just because you want something happen right now doesn't mean it will. It's only been what? 2 months since he was sworn in as President? And you're already expecting big things in such little time he's had to work with so far. Do you know what he's dealing with other than what you've stated? How about those selfish AIG bastards? Creating new jobs? Middle East crisis? There are so many things out there. You can't possibly tell me that if you were in Obama's shoes for a day, you could survive handling it. Oh by the way, doesn't the economy suck right now too?

My point is, with one problem he faces, he's handed another one. He can't fix things all at once. Just chill out and let time play out. It's only been 2 months for pete's sake.



I'm not even going to get into a conversation with anyone not willing to research what is actually happening. I'm trying create awareness, as I have at times over the last three years on this forum, but it is up to each individual to research for themselves.

Obama, like the rest of the presidents, especially the last four before him, is a hand picked puppet of the corporate elite that are taking over the world. He has already done the exact opposite to what he has said he would and just in a couple of months of being president.

People have allowed this to happen, society that is and only the people can stop it, if they realise what is actually happening, get together andsay no more
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:54 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.



So he's a fraud.

Someone who says they're going to do something and then does the opposite a matter of weeks after they get elected is a liar from the get go and never had intentions to do what they promised the people they would.

All the so so called Hope is a lie and nothing has and will change


So is every other politician in the world. Frauds are everywhere around us.

C'mon man, he cannot change the world in a matter of minutes. You should know that. It takes time to do these things. Do you really think the economy will recover in a matter of days? Do you really think the troops will be pulled out of war just by snapping your fingers?

Things will happen with time. You just need to be patient and let it play out. Just because you want something happen right now doesn't mean it will. It's only been what? 2 months since he was sworn in as President? And you're already expecting big things in such little time he's had to work with so far. Do you know what he's dealing with other than what you've stated? How about those selfish AIG bastards? Creating new jobs? Middle East crisis? There are so many things out there. You can't possibly tell me that if you were in Obama's shoes for a day, you could survive handling it. Oh by the way, doesn't the economy suck right now too?

My point is, with one problem he faces, he's handed another one. He can't fix things all at once. Just chill out and let time play out. It's only been 2 months for pete's sake.



I'm not even going to get into a conversation with anyone not willing to research what is actually happening. I'm trying create awareness, as I have at times over the last three years on this forum, but it is up to each individual to research for themselves.

Obama, like the rest of the presidents, especially the last four before him, is a hand picked puppet of the corporate elite that are taking over the world. He has already done the exact opposite to what he has said he would and just in a couple of months of being president.

People have allowed this to happen, society that is and only the people can stop it, if they realise what is actually happening, get together andsay no more


Research? Are you kidding me? I don't need to research things to be aware. I know what his plans are. I know what he wants to do. But the fact that you're already giving him harsh judgment SO EARLY in his tenure is unnecessary.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:18 pm
The thing is guys that who our president is, is irrelevant. Our problems go so much deeper than which political party (especially since they are essentially the same) is in power. Nothing will change in this country until Americans change their attitude and stop blaming all of their problems on other people.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:40 pm
Well said.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:40 pm
Let me tell the truth about oversea people opinion regarding Obama as the US President...

i asked a lot people from oversea and what they said is 'The American believe noone can turnaround U.S economy and that's why they choose Obama as U.S president so they could easily blame on him if the economy getting worst because he is African american'

inside my heart i know this is racist comment from them but they are not american and they don't really understand about our nation.

I believe Obama can fix this economy crisis eventhough not 100% and i think we should give him 2 terms to be U.S president.

First 4 years we only can see a small effect from Obama plan but if he have 8 years to be a president i believe we will see our economy almost back 100%....


Take time....
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:05 pm
Obama can't do much other than keep key companies from going down by throwing money at them, and adding some important stipulations to that money. Again what the corporations/banks do with the money will determine their fate. Obama can also bring back pre-Bush (pre Clinton?) regulations in the financial industry. Clearly they cannot be responsible to watch themselves. Basically banks/institutions need to quit being so greedy, act responsibly, and begin loaning money again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:53 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.



So he's a fraud.

Someone who says they're going to do something and then does the opposite a matter of weeks after they get elected is a liar from the get go and never had intentions to do what they promised the people they would.

All the so so called Hope is a lie and nothing has and will change


So is every other politician in the world. Frauds are everywhere around us.

C'mon man, he cannot change the world in a matter of minutes. You should know that. It takes time to do these things. Do you really think the economy will recover in a matter of days? Do you really think the troops will be pulled out of war just by snapping your fingers?

Things will happen with time. You just need to be patient and let it play out. Just because you want something happen right now doesn't mean it will. It's only been what? 2 months since he was sworn in as President? And you're already expecting big things in such little time he's had to work with so far. Do you know what he's dealing with other than what you've stated? How about those selfish AIG bastards? Creating new jobs? Middle East crisis? There are so many things out there. You can't possibly tell me that if you were in Obama's shoes for a day, you could survive handling it. Oh by the way, doesn't the economy suck right now too?

My point is, with one problem he faces, he's handed another one. He can't fix things all at once. Just chill out and let time play out. It's only been 2 months for pete's sake.



I'm not even going to get into a conversation with anyone not willing to research what is actually happening. I'm trying create awareness, as I have at times over the last three years on this forum, but it is up to each individual to research for themselves.

Obama, like the rest of the presidents, especially the last four before him, is a hand picked puppet of the corporate elite that are taking over the world. He has already done the exact opposite to what he has said he would and just in a couple of months of being president.

People have allowed this to happen, society that is and only the people can stop it, if they realise what is actually happening, get together andsay no more


Research? Are you kidding me? I don't need to research things to be aware. I know what his plans are. I know what he wants to do. But the fact that you're already giving him harsh judgment SO EARLY in his tenure is unnecessary.



He has no power! He can do nothing to change anything! He is a puppet of the elite corporate and banking elite! He is paid by them and was picked by them to serve them a while ago!

Interesting point is that JFK was hand picked to serve the elitists and when he turned his back on them, they had him assassinated. A warning to future puppets to not try to think for themselves and do as they're told
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:15 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Not everything promised can be fulfilled. We all know that. Just because you say one thing doesn't mean it'll be done from the get go. Politicians say these things as a tactic to get them votes. It's what they do best. Lie.

But still, no one is perfect. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's not human. There are things he will say he WANTS to do, but in the end, may not do it for a while or ever.



So he's a fraud.

Someone who says they're going to do something and then does the opposite a matter of weeks after they get elected is a liar from the get go and never had intentions to do what they promised the people they would.

All the so so called Hope is a lie and nothing has and will change


So is every other politician in the world. Frauds are everywhere around us.

C'mon man, he cannot change the world in a matter of minutes. You should know that. It takes time to do these things. Do you really think the economy will recover in a matter of days? Do you really think the troops will be pulled out of war just by snapping your fingers?

Things will happen with time. You just need to be patient and let it play out. Just because you want something happen right now doesn't mean it will. It's only been what? 2 months since he was sworn in as President? And you're already expecting big things in such little time he's had to work with so far. Do you know what he's dealing with other than what you've stated? How about those selfish AIG bastards? Creating new jobs? Middle East crisis? There are so many things out there. You can't possibly tell me that if you were in Obama's shoes for a day, you could survive handling it. Oh by the way, doesn't the economy suck right now too?

My point is, with one problem he faces, he's handed another one. He can't fix things all at once. Just chill out and let time play out. It's only been 2 months for pete's sake.



I'm not even going to get into a conversation with anyone not willing to research what is actually happening. I'm trying create awareness, as I have at times over the last three years on this forum, but it is up to each individual to research for themselves.

Obama, like the rest of the presidents, especially the last four before him, is a hand picked puppet of the corporate elite that are taking over the world. He has already done the exact opposite to what he has said he would and just in a couple of months of being president.

People have allowed this to happen, society that is and only the people can stop it, if they realise what is actually happening, get together andsay no more


Research? Are you kidding me? I don't need to research things to be aware. I know what his plans are. I know what he wants to do. But the fact that you're already giving him harsh judgment SO EARLY in his tenure is unnecessary.



He has no power! He can do nothing to change anything! He is a puppet of the elite corporate and banking elite! He is paid by them and was picked by them to serve them a while ago!

Interesting point is that JFK was hand picked to serve the elitists and when he turned his back on them, they had him assassinated. A warning to future puppets to not try to think for themselves and do as they're told


i disagree with your notion migya, but it isn't far fetch as one might think. No i don't think there "banking elites" but they could be other ones. The Masons are a popular conspiracy theory and other groups that allegedly rule the world.

But I'm convinced LBJ killed JFK (through the CIA, FBI, whoever) through a coalition of numerous changes Kennedy did. Kennedy fired so many people in the CIA, and it was rumored he was not going to appoint LBJ as his Vice President in 1964. SO, they teamed up to kill him. There's a boatload of evidence.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:21 pm
There is also evidence that Bush Sr tried to kill Reagan... it's crazy and coincidental, but not all that far fetched...

no one, no one. who has ever been in the CIA should be allowed to run for President!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:47 pm
Take a look at the facts - Obama has appointed people on his staff that are ALL from wall street, ALL from the money making private sector AND still are!!!! It was the same under Bush!

Noone else has a say but the banking elite! All decisions are made by them!

That money that was givento bail out the major banks, that most people think was only some 700 billion dollars (still a huge figure but far smaller than what was actually given) has disappeared and certainly has not been used to help people with their mortgages over there! That money (actually over 8 TRILLION DOLLARS) was used to buy smaller banks and finacial instituitions, thus further giving more wealth and power to these few elitists! They now contolr close to everything in the financial world, thus they control the world.

People want change but they have to get together for it because the government won't because it doesn't serve the people, hasn't for a long time
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest