NCAA Tourney 2009 thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:nice, we got 11 people so far... good number so far. i sent a PM to so many people.... so hopefully we get much more.

Anyone wanna share who they putting in the final four?

Oklahoma / Memphis / Louisville / Pitt
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:38 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:nice, we got 11 people so far... good number so far. i sent a PM to so many people.... so hopefully we get much more.

Almost...

Oklahoma / Connecticut / Louisville / Pitt

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:40 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

WOW....

i got Wake Forest, Memphis, North Carolina, and Pittsburgh
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:40 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

I got UCONN going down in a battle of Huskies!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:47 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Against Washington? Me too.

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

I might change the Kansas one, that would be a HUGE upset over Louisville.

As I was just telling Crackerz, I like Missouri's balance and think they're in a good position to pull some upsets.

Oh and North Carolina only gets there if they channel their inner Bruce Bowen instead of their inner Monta Ellis on defense.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:51 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

As I was just telling Crackerz, I like Missouri's balance and think they're in a good position to pull some upsets.

Oh and North Carolina only gets there if they channel their inner Bruce Bowen instead of their inner Monta Ellis on defense.

Im worried about Lawson for UNC. If he is not good to go, I dont think they will go far.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:52 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

Im worried about Lawson for UNC. If he is not good to go, I dont think they will go far.

well you guys are nuts for having washington in the elite 8. The Pac10 is an absolute joke this year
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:55 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

well you guys are nuts for having washington in the elite 8. The Pac10 is an absolute joke this year

WA is going to do some damage. They have some good players and a great coach.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:00 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

I actually think Lawson is fine. I think they sat him as a precaution because they didn't care if they won their tournament or not, they were getting a #1 seed regardless.

I do hope that they'll use him sparingly at least in the first round. There's no point in overexerting him against some team they could beat with their eyes closed (not saying they will, I just mean they should pull him early if they have a commanding lead).

I agree that Washington has the capability to make some noise, plus aside from UConn their road to the Elite 8 is a piece of cake. They'd have to beat Mississippi St. and either Northern Iowa or Purdue. They'd have to screw up to not beat those teams.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:05 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

I actually think Lawson is fine. I think they sat him as a precaution because they didn't care if they won their tournament or not, they were getting a #1 seed regardless.

I do hope that they'll use him sparingly at least in the first round. There's no point in overexerting him against some team they could beat with their eyes closed (not saying they will, I just mean they should pull him early if they have a commanding lead).

I agree that Washington has the capability to make some noise, plus aside from UConn their road to the Elite 8 is a piece of cake. They'd have to beat Mississippi St. and either Northern Iowa or Purdue. They'd have to screw up to not beat those teams.

Cap,
youre Missouri pick is very interesting. they can sneak up on some teams in the tournament, they are very strong top to bottom. I have them going out against Memphis.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:10 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

Cap,
youre Missouri pick is very interesting. they can sneak up on some teams in the tournament, they are very strong top to bottom. I have them going out against Memphis.

Yeah, they're definitely a gamble. I just like what they bring to the floor and I think they're less likely to get flustered by the tournament or the prestige of their opponent and make mistakes. I just see them as low- profile enough to be underestimated and good enough to capitalize on their opportunities.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:13 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

Cap,

Yeah, they're definitely a gamble. I just like what they bring to the floor and I think they're less likely to get flustered by the tournament or the prestige of their opponent and make mistakes. I just see them as low- profile enough to be underestimated and good enough to capitalize on their opportunities.

If they start fouling Memphis as soon as the 2nd half starts, they may pull the upset.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:24 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Almost...

Kansas/Missouri/Pitt/UNC

Cap,

If they start fouling Memphis as soon as the 2nd half starts, they may pull the upset.

haha so true... i think CSU-Northridge should make this their game plan
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:40 pm
I think UNC will be there so long as Ty Lawson is playing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:12 am
I got WF Uconn Pitt and UNC in the final four...Clemson will beat OKL in the second round....West Virginia will beat Kansas as well....and the winner of that marquette missouri game will beat memphis if my Cal bears dont do it in the second round...Watch out for JEROME RANDLE.....That kid is a STUD! GL everyone.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board