Should we trade for Jamal Tinsley in the offseason?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

should Warriors try to get Tinsley?

yes
13%
no
88%

Total votes : 8

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:48 am
Ellis is clearly not a PG or a leader, Nelly gambled and lossed. We clearly have too many 'in-it-for-themselves' scorers on the team. What would be so bad about going after Jamal Tinsley who happens to be a pretty good PG. We gave S. Jackson a 2nd chance after he beat the crap out of a fan, I think Tinsley deserves a chance. Worst thing that can happen is it fails and we cut him. It's not like he'd ruin any chemistry because this team has lost it's chemistry after cutting BD, Al, and Barnes and adding losers Crawford and Maggette. Thoughts?

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 am
here's a far fetched scenario

- trade Crawford for Tinsley + filler player
- trade Ellis + Mags for Boozer (sign+trade) + AK47
- fire Nelson and hire Avery Johnson

d will
ellis
maggette
milsap
okur

tinsley
jackson
randolph / AK47
boozer
biedrins
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:10 am
there's a reason, actually, there's lots of reasons, no one will go near him
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:30 am
Quazza wrote:there's a reason, actually, there's lots of reasons, no one will go near him

:wink:

It's Felton and then Hinrich in preference for me

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:46 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:there's a reason, actually, there's lots of reasons, no one will go near him

Hinrich than felton for me. don't think bob's will let felton go (restricted) for what we can throw at him... plus hinrich is a good defender, and a better shooter.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:59 am
first off wrote:
migya wrote:

Hinrich than felton for me. don't think bob's will let felton go (restricted) for what we can throw at him... plus hinrich is a good defender, and a better shooter.

Hinrich certainly is a proven player and a good trade for Crawford, but Felton is a better passer, gets the steals and is younger, with very good upside. On the Warriors, Felton would do better, running and gunning and having more weapons to pass to. Getting Felton could be easier, though not sure now as he has been playing ahead of Augustin for a few weeks now, so maybe the Bobcats have reaslised he is the one to keep as starting PG

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:32 am
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13 am
wow wtf happened to this board. :banghead:
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:44 am
Tinsley? Seriously?

I can not in good concience leave this in such a high view area. Moving this to the trades forum!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 am
i was talking about getting tinsley this past summer. big guard with good midrange and distributing ability. but once i brought it up people convinced me that he is a cancer and ive yet to go back into wanting him on our team. dude cant even hang in indiana (who is happy with the likes of dunleavy)...that says a lot. and from what i remember, someone said that jackson mentioned tinsley was the one who instigated the brawl in detroit. had that happened in oakland all hell would break loose.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:14 pm
GSW2006 wrote:Ellis is clearly not a PG or a leader, Nelly gambled and lossed. We clearly have too many 'in-it-for-themselves' scorers on the team. What would be so bad about going after Jamal Tinsley who happens to be a pretty good PG. We gave S. Jackson a 2nd chance after he beat the crap out of a fan, I think Tinsley deserves a chance. Worst thing that can happen is it fails and we cut him. It's not like he'd ruin any chemistry because this team has lost it's chemistry after cutting BD, Al, and Barnes and adding losers Crawford and Maggette. Thoughts?

Um...there's a big difference between Jack and Tinsley. While fans may have had a negative image of Jack, NO ONE in the NBA ever disliked him, including the Pacer's GM at the time. He traded him because the fans essentially forced him to, not because he wanted to (he has said this many many times). Jack was never a cancer. Tinsley is a mess.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:44 pm
True, but Tinsley? No way. That guy is GREAT for like a week, then he's good for two, then he's decent for the rest.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:48 pm
I definitely would not want an inconsistent Tinsley after having an entire season off. Im sure he has not been working hard over the past year and a half since he took the floor.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:49 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:Ellis is clearly not a PG or a leader, Nelly gambled and lossed. We clearly have too many 'in-it-for-themselves' scorers on the team. What would be so bad about going after Jamal Tinsley who happens to be a pretty good PG. We gave S. Jackson a 2nd chance after he beat the crap out of a fan, I think Tinsley deserves a chance. Worst thing that can happen is it fails and we cut him. It's not like he'd ruin any chemistry because this team has lost it's chemistry after cutting BD, Al, and Barnes and adding losers Crawford and Maggette. Thoughts?

Um...there's a big difference between Jack and Tinsley. While fans may have had a negative image of Jack, NO ONE in the NBA ever disliked him, including the Pacer's GM at the time. He traded him because the fans essentially forced him to, not because he wanted to (he has said this many many times). Jack was never a cancer. Tinsley is a mess.

and to add to Capt's post.... Tinsley is not even any good. I would not trade for him if he was a saint of all saints.... the guy cant play!
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am
common y'all, really?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Next

Return to Trades