Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... _move_you/
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:15 am

That must be the most ridiculous proposal I've head. Nellie has lost his mind. Crawford has nothing to worry about. If he doesn't want to opt out, he's gonna be traded, so what's the point?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 am
Yep. He gets 20 million if he stays. If he's traded, he'll still get the 20 million. Even if he opts out, he may not be getting 20 million, but he'll be getting a high salary still. It doesn't matter what path happens, he's going to get the money.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 pm
what i find funniest is that for 12 months Nelson has said he wants nothing to do with front office moves, then drops crap like this
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 pm
Quazza wrote:what i find funniest is that for 12 months Nelson has said he wants nothing to do with front office moves, then drops crap like this

Typical Nelson, we knew this twenty years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if he took over as GM or something in two years

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:33 pm
TMC wrote:Image

That must be the most ridiculous proposal I've head. Nellie has lost his mind. Crawford has nothing to worry about. If he doesn't want to opt out, he's gonna be traded, so what's the point?

I don't see why you are hating on nellie for this one. he's just saying we don't have room for you on this team. perfectly justified. I appreciate that kind of transparency as a fan.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:08 am
first off wrote:
TMC wrote:Image

I don't see why you are hating on nellie for this one. he's just saying we don't have room for you on this team. perfectly justified. I appreciate that kind of transparency as a fan.

Yeah, he's saying that he doesn't want Crawford on the team, but that's a problem, because:

* Other players (and their agents) won't like it. Not after we traded for him and all of a sudden Nellie wants him not only to go but to opt out of his contract. I certainly would have a hard time telling a player to sign with a franchise that treats their players like that.

* It makes even less sense, financially speaking, to opt out. I mean, if the problem is staying here, now Crawford knows he's gonna get traded, so why opt out and lose money?.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:27 am
Just don't see why it had to be made so public

Return to News Articles