Chapter 2- Opt Out or We'll Move You

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... _move_you/
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:15 am
Image

That must be the most ridiculous proposal I've head. Nellie has lost his mind. Crawford has nothing to worry about. If he doesn't want to opt out, he's gonna be traded, so what's the point?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 am
Yep. He gets 20 million if he stays. If he's traded, he'll still get the 20 million. Even if he opts out, he may not be getting 20 million, but he'll be getting a high salary still. It doesn't matter what path happens, he's going to get the money.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 pm
what i find funniest is that for 12 months Nelson has said he wants nothing to do with front office moves, then drops crap like this
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 pm
Quazza wrote:what i find funniest is that for 12 months Nelson has said he wants nothing to do with front office moves, then drops crap like this



Typical Nelson, we knew this twenty years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if he took over as GM or something in two years
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:33 pm
TMC wrote:Image

That must be the most ridiculous proposal I've head. Nellie has lost his mind. Crawford has nothing to worry about. If he doesn't want to opt out, he's gonna be traded, so what's the point?


I don't see why you are hating on nellie for this one. he's just saying we don't have room for you on this team. perfectly justified. I appreciate that kind of transparency as a fan.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:08 am
first off wrote:
TMC wrote:Image

That must be the most ridiculous proposal I've head. Nellie has lost his mind. Crawford has nothing to worry about. If he doesn't want to opt out, he's gonna be traded, so what's the point?


I don't see why you are hating on nellie for this one. he's just saying we don't have room for you on this team. perfectly justified. I appreciate that kind of transparency as a fan.


Yeah, he's saying that he doesn't want Crawford on the team, but that's a problem, because:

* Other players (and their agents) won't like it. Not after we traded for him and all of a sudden Nellie wants him not only to go but to opt out of his contract. I certainly would have a hard time telling a player to sign with a franchise that treats their players like that.

* It makes even less sense, financially speaking, to opt out. I mean, if the problem is staying here, now Crawford knows he's gonna get traded, so why opt out and lose money?.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:27 am
Just don't see why it had to be made so public

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest