San Diego State

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:56 pm
Still a 3 pt lead with 22.7 seconds left....YIKES!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 pm
GO AZTECS!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:07 pm
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugly ugly end of the game, but whatever!

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:33 pm
damn, my computer chose the worst three hours to act up... l missed the final 13 minutes... AND the warriors game. Thank goodness for my SDSU buddy who texted me the play by play for the last 4 minutes of a game. 31 texts in all.

GO AZTECS!!!!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:37 am
you two follow the team much closer than I so do you thing they can beat Utah tonight? If I am not mistaken, they split against Utah this season right?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 pm
bada wrote:you two follow the team much closer than I so do you thing they can beat Utah tonight? If I am not mistaken, they split against Utah this season right?

That is correct. The game is at 3pm on Versus Channel (according to Comcast). Should be fun to watch. And even though SDSU is almost a lock, i just want the win to ease any "what if" scenarios cuz all these no name teams keep on winning their conference tourneys.

In Lorenzo Wade, Kyle Spain, Ryan Amoroso, and Richie Williams (who embarrassed me in a bball game a few years back) we trust!

Oh and more off topic, i was looking at some of the players that STDSU is bringing in for next year. We got some talented high school seniors joining this team next year. ESPN has SDSU having the biggest steal (in regards to one of their recruits) so that's satisfactory to hear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:35 pm
sdsu looking bad... cmon guys

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:09 pm
ugh... richie williams kept us in it til the final play, but he also lost it for us.... a 2 point loss. I really hope we dont get snubbed because of this.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:59 pm
bummer. I missed the game cause of my son's little league game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:50 pm
we got robbed..... ARIZONA, WISCONSIN and MICHIGAN GOT IN. But not SDSU. I wouldnt be so pissed, if SDSU got snubbed in place of Saint Marys or Creighton. But those three sorry teams on their overrated conferences. BULL!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:53 am
agree Crackerz although I think St Mary's was the bigger crime. Despite a couple big wins for Zona, there is NO way they should be in the tournament.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:40 am
bada wrote:agree Crackerz although I think St Mary's was the bigger crime. Despite a couple big wins for Zona, there is NO way they should be in the tournament.

plus arizona has lost five of its last six.... they got in from reputation (they been to the tourney for 25 consecutive years now).

I agree with you on saint mary. But i'm mad for SDSU as its one of my three teams (and the only one of the three with a shot at making the tourney).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:22 pm
I think the season sweep by the Zags didn't help their cause. Plus, the Patty Mills injury didn't help them either. Still, with Patrick in the lineup, that team is really good. Without him, they're decent, but not enough to challenge anyone outside their conference. I wish they made it... I would love to see what havoc they'd wreck.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm
xbay wrote:I think the season sweep by the Zags didn't help their cause. Plus, the Patty Mills injury didn't help them either. Still, with Patrick in the lineup, that team is really good. Without him, they're decent, but not enough to challenge anyone outside their conference. I wish they made it... I would love to see what havoc they'd wreck.

The injury to Mills and the Gaels missing the Tournament should make Patty a better player in the long run. I cant see him declaring for the draft after such a disappointing end to the season. Another year of NCAA ball under his belt will only help this kid. He can work on his playmaking abilities and should emerge as a better and more NBA ready player after next season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:30 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:I think the season sweep by the Zags didn't help their cause. Plus, the Patty Mills injury didn't help them either. Still, with Patrick in the lineup, that team is really good. Without him, they're decent, but not enough to challenge anyone outside their conference. I wish they made it... I would love to see what havoc they'd wreck.

The injury to Mills and the Gaels missing the Tournament should make Patty a better player in the long run. I cant see him declaring for the draft after such a disappointing end to the season. Another year of NCAA ball under his belt will only help this kid. He can work on his playmaking abilities and should emerge as a better and more NBA ready player after next season.

Agreed. Pat is already a solid talent. If he stays all 4 years, I think this kid could be like a Brandon Roy, but in a PG mold.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board