"the invisible war"

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 am
we read this today in my critical thinking class... think twice before reading... this stuff is really disheartening

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/21/opini ... rbert.html
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:44 am
Better if there is no violence but when things are this extreme and this difficult to control and stop, best thing is bring in very well armed troops and blow all these inhuman priks to bits

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 am
migya wrote:Better if there is no violence but when things are this extreme and this difficult to control and stop, best thing is bring in very well armed troops and blow all these inhuman priks to bits

in a crazy way... i totally agree... what else can u do? if there's a better way i wanna hear it... cuz honestly... im pretty naive and ignorant when it comes to politics,policy,government, etc.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:22 pm
Man that's so fkn messed up isn't it
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:48 pm
This has been going on for a very long time.........and not just in places like that.

The way in which "civilised" countries turn a blind eye to these atrocities, and even some of the time sanctioning trade agreements and brokering deals that benefit them (and not doing the instantly logical thing of sending these countries to the dark ages where they belong)...........is the evil of the modern age.

I mean, America has such a reputation of sticking its nose in other countries business and being the "saviour" of the world and the spreader of democracy...........but only when it suits and benefits them financially.

This is a c*nt of a world my friends...........at no other point in history, has the world been this devious, greedy and ultimately evil than now.
Before some of you object to that last part, my meaning was this =

If I lived in the medieval/dark ages, say in England..........where it was like 1% of the population prosper and live well, and the rest dont make it past 40............then atleast if I was born into that horrible, restricted, poverty stricken world, I would know my place, I would accept it and get on with it.

But in this day and age of false promises and hope, where everything is designed to ultimately force you into doing something you dont really want to do but feel you should because of various social and economic pressures.

Then I would be a disease ridden pig farmer every time.............rather than exist in this age of total disillusionment, lack of respect, lack of purpose, no sense of belonging, evil back stabbing bile sodden hole we call 21st centruy Earth.

Apathy and ignorance are two words that I rate up there with rape and murder.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:42 pm
I'm glad I live in this era. It is a twisted time with lies abound but actual fact is every age has been that way. I believe that we are now in a very tough period and it will last a few years, in which the greatest changes in human history will occur, including, unfortunately, the death of billions, but at the same time a transition into being better beings. I think that this is it, the time where the change will happen and most things changing for the better, far better, it's just going through the incredible tough times first

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 am
migya wrote:I'm glad I live in this era. It is a twisted time with lies abound but actual fact is every age has been that way. I believe that we are now in a very tough period and it will last a few years, in which the greatest changes in human history will occur, including, unfortunately, the death of billions, but at the same time a transition into being better beings. I think that this is it, the time where the change will happen and most things changing for the better, far better, it's just going through the incredible tough times first

Errrrr...........what?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:23 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:I'm glad I live in this era. It is a twisted time with lies abound but actual fact is every age has been that way. I believe that we are now in a very tough period and it will last a few years, in which the greatest changes in human history will occur, including, unfortunately, the death of billions, but at the same time a transition into being better beings. I think that this is it, the time where the change will happen and most things changing for the better, far better, it's just going through the incredible tough times first

Errrrr...........what?

Billions, as in at least two billion. This could be THE TIME where all the predictions are somewhat true. There could be global disease (bird flu which has moved to humans), famine etc. Just saying, hopefully won't but things look grim, not least now with the global economy getting real bad and looking like staying this way for a while

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:31 am
bigstrads wrote:This has been going on for a very long time.........and not just in places like that.

The way in which "civilised" countries turn a blind eye to these atrocities, and even some of the time sanctioning trade agreements and brokering deals that benefit them (and not doing the instantly logical thing of sending these countries to the dark ages where they belong)...........is the evil of the modern age.

I mean, America has such a reputation of sticking its nose in other countries business and being the "saviour" of the world and the spreader of democracy...........but only when it suits and benefits them financially.

This is a c*nt of a world my friends...........at no other point in history, has the world been this devious, greedy and ultimately evil than now.
Before some of you object to that last part, my meaning was this =

If I lived in the medieval/dark ages, say in England..........where it was like 1% of the population prosper and live well, and the rest dont make it past 40............then atleast if I was born into that horrible, restricted, poverty stricken world, I would know my place, I would accept it and get on with it.

But in this day and age of false promises and hope, where everything is designed to ultimately force you into doing something you dont really want to do but feel you should because of various social and economic pressures.

Then I would be a disease ridden pig farmer every time.............rather than exist in this age of total disillusionment, lack of respect, lack of purpose, no sense of belonging, evil back stabbing bile sodden hole we call 21st centruy Earth.

Apathy and ignorance are two words that I rate up there with rape and murder.

I agree with everything you've said James. What's happening in the Congo and Africa in general is horrific, and the hypocrisy of America and the IMF obvious. I would argue though, that the world has always been this way. But what makes it even more atrocious now is both the scale of the devastation and the fact that we actually have the tools at this time to help in most situations and we don't. This is why I hate money. When money is your God, people are shite...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:16 pm
hey james... you wanna break down what you were saying about sancioning trade agreements and the deals???

i might do a research paper on this, so that could help a lot

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:02 pm
8th ave wrote:hey james... you wanna break down what you were saying about sancioning trade agreements and the deals???

i might do a research paper on this, so that could help a lot

Dude, someone actually pays attention to my political rants! :wink:

Well, alot of what I personally would have to say on the subject would be considered conspiracy, as for the most part I dont/wouldnt have acces to the official documentation/numbers/dates..............as such, not best to base a paper on my opinions and thoughts generally.

However, specifically, you can find stuff youself and very easily.............which would probably be better for your paper, as it will show how easy it is to simply think of a country where attrocities are committed and condemned, and then google that nations name with the words "US trade agreements" next to it.

Why lookie here! just from doing that with the very country that is the topic of this thread, Ive found this =

http://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreements/ ... 005885.asp

Think about how the US and other "civilised" countries (although mostly the US) basically armed most of the Middle East, and especially around the time of the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and how the US pretty much CREATED the Afghan army and Mujaheddin (not to be confused with Bin Laden and his splinter cells who never accepted funding/aid from the US).............f*ck, thats easy to find stuff out about, all the arms deals from the US just so they could finally have a "sort of War" against the Russians.

For the US to then turn around and piss and moan about how all these Arab nations have such military umpf and tech, is just pathetic considering that THEY themselves laid the groundwork, provided the equipment and training that created the infrastructure of most of these armies and terroist groups.

The simple fact is that most of the organisations like Al Queda, the Taliban and of course the Mujaheddin wouldnt have existed had the US not created and set them rolling in the first place (along with countries like Pakistan and the US's great friends and long time allies.......the Saudi's)

Check this out for the countries that the US does have sanctions against, just so you can say youve considered the "other" side to the argument and how great they are being by having these in place =

http://www.treasury.gov/offices/enforce ... /programs/

Let me know what you come up with and what you might want to focus on and Ill try and organise my thoughts/facts for you.

Just dont ask me about 9/11..............no, actually do, because I would love to see my thoughts and facts make there way to some professor to have a look at (heres a little related fun tidbit, did you know, that on 9/11, the only planes that were free of the current air space restrictions...........were the ones carrying Bin Ladens family, relatives and other important Saudi's to safety...........hows that for beauty of truth and truth in meaning?)

Man, Ive edited this about 7 times..............Im going to stop now. :wink:

Ok, one more edit.............its a little of the original topic but I finally found this bookmark Ive had for years that breaks down how the whole Afghan/Saudi/Bin Laden thing went and was created.........a very interesting, enlightning and ultimately disturbing read my friends (can you guys see why I am the way I am now :wink:)

http://www.greenleft.org.au/2001/465/25199
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:18 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/opini ... istof.html

another story of you guys have the stomach to read it...

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:52 pm
Africa is a total mess, no direction by the leaders, added with corruption, its sickening knowing people in power run most of those countries. Am going to have to re-read all articles related to this subject because Africa is dear to my heart since i rep West Africa Sierra Leone were am born. Civil war over there because of rebels staking claim of daimonds, cutting people arms off, rape, name it it happened over there.

Its sad i love Africa so much, but the pain is more, i feel helpless now in the states, nothing i can do to help out.

Too many laws are broken over there, and people always turn the other way. Its a fight and battle for the strong, trying to reform Africa is so difficult, there is no where else in the world with so much grief and pain.

So many things need to happen over there, too many. Wealth needs to be distributed, you see people driving Benz, SUV'S while majority have no form of transformation. If you have money over there you are ok, but that is the minority.

Return to Off-Topic Forum