Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:23 pm
http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/ci_1 ... ck_check=1
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:52 am
Link didn't open. Nelson likely wants Crawford to opt out and then sign on for more money and more years

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:01 pm
I don't know about that. If he wants him to opt out, then he obviously wants him to leave. I couldn't imagine a guy asking a player to opt out and actually want him back for a longer, more lucrative deal.

I think he wants to open up the log jam at guard, if anything. And then get more guards... :banghead: :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:46 pm
migya wrote:Link didn't open. Nelson likely wants Crawford to opt out and then sign on for more money and more years

that makes no sense.

i really dont think nellie wanted crawford in the first place. i think he just really wanted to get harrington out of here. i mentioned in another thread before that nellie choosing to bench crawford first, against the bobcats, might have been becuz nellie was tryin to get him to opt out.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:23 am
E-Man wrote:i really dont think nellie wanted crawford in the first place. i think he just really wanted to get harrington out of here. i mentioned in another thread before that nellie choosing to bench crawford first, against the bobcats, might have been becuz nellie was tryin to get him to opt out.

Nah, I think he wanted Crapford (considering the options we had on the table for Al Harrington)... but he's realized by now that Crapford is not what this team needs.

Still, if I were Crawford, I wouldn't even consider the idea of opting out. He's gonna sign elsewhere, sure, but who's gonna pay him that much?.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:40 pm
TMC wrote:Still, if I were Crawford, I wouldn't even consider the idea of opting out. He's gonna sign elsewhere, sure, but who's gonna pay him that much?.

to play for a playoff team, and a chance at winning a ring...i wouldnt be suprised if he took the pay cut. i could actually see him signing with a team like the mavs, raptors, or 76ers for 5-6 mil....or a team like indiana, washington, or milwaukee for about 6-7 mil.

not to say all those teams would necessarily pay him that much, but im not sure that money is enough to keep him here, on a team that not only doesnt want him, but he isnt happy with.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:12 pm
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:Still, if I were Crawford, I wouldn't even consider the idea of opting out. He's gonna sign elsewhere, sure, but who's gonna pay him that much?.

to play for a playoff team, and a chance at winning a ring...i wouldnt be suprised if he took the pay cut. i could actually see him signing with a team like the mavs, raptors, or 76ers for 5-6 mil....or a team like indiana, washington, or milwaukee for about 6-7 mil.

not to say all those teams would necessarily pay him that much, but im not sure that money is enough to keep him here, on a team that not only doesnt want him, but he isnt happy with.

Reckon he could be effective in Miami next to Wade and if a guy like Boozer goes there this offseason, adding Crawford could make that team championship caliber. Crawford would just have to do whst he's always done because next to Wade and a star big, he'd be real effective

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:50 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Reckon he could be effective in Miami next to Wade and if a guy like Boozer goes there this offseason, adding Crawford could make that team championship caliber. Crawford would just have to do whst he's always done because next to Wade and a star big, he'd be real effective

i agree. im not sure he's a pat riley type of guy, but you never know. that's another team he would probably take a pay cut for. probably even in th 5-6 million range...only thing is the heat wont be able to afford boozer this summer. by taking on JO they got his 20+ million until 2010

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:16 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

i agree. im not sure he's a pat riley type of guy, but you never know. that's another team he would probably take a pay cut for. probably even in th 5-6 million range...only thing is the heat wont be able to afford boozer this summer. by taking on JO they got his 20+ million until 2010

Haven't looked at Miami's salary situation but if they are already over the cap, they need to get rid of some contracts as they have mostly second rate players that don't deserve much money at all. They should try to get rid of Jermaine as well, as he is not worth that much money either. Boozer and Crawford would fit well there

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:09 pm
I dunno. having Jermaine means they have 20 + mill come off the books just in time for the 2010 free agent crop. Re sign wade, and say, Bosh?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 pm
Quazza wrote:I dunno. having Jermaine means they have 20 + mill come off the books just in time for the 2010 free agent crop. Re sign wade, and say, Bosh?

Great thought for the Heat but difficult as Toronto can offer him more money per year and one more year on a contract as well. If Heat can get him, they should but if they pay him max money, which they likely would have to, they won't be able to add any other players for a long time.

Crawford would fit there, probably better than any of the current guards around Wade there right now. Crawford wouldn't get more than 5 million a year though so depends if he wants to get pai again or be on a winning team for once

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:38 pm
key word being "Toronto" Probably the 2nd (only to us) as the least desirable place for a player to play in the league
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:16 am
Quazza wrote:key word being "Toronto" Probably the 2nd (only to us) as the least desirable place for a player to play in the league

And Florida one of the most...

Can happen, but the Knicks will also be players in free agency that year. It's gonna be one of the toughest free agencies ever with several top free agents available and several teams already saving their cap for it.

About Crapford... I'd be surprised if he leaves $20 million on the table and takes a pay cut to sign somewhere else. I mean, he's still young enough to play those two years and then he'd be free to do it. Just $20 million richer.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:04 am
TMC wrote:About Crapford... I'd be surprised if he leaves $20 million on the table and takes a pay cut to sign somewhere else. I mean, he's still young enough to play those two years and then he'd be free to do it. Just $20 million richer.

He seems like the sort of guy that would do a friendly gesture for the team, though this would be more than a gesture. If he's smart, he'll keep this contract

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:About Crapford... I'd be surprised if he leaves $20 million on the table and takes a pay cut to sign somewhere else. I mean, he's still young enough to play those two years and then he'd be free to do it. Just $20 million richer.

He seems like the sort of guy that would do a friendly gesture for the team, though this would be more than a gesture. If he's smart, he'll keep this contract

I know I would if I was him. In this economy, I wouldn't even hesitate.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Next

Return to News Articles